Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were few stuffs at goal.com site, where one guy wrote down, that Spanish clubs do not care about their defence systems. And if the La Liga teams want to keep being the best in Europe they must star buying or develop more defence players, and change their tactics to more defensive.

IMO La liga clubs are not going to do that, because they are unique - they don't want to win at any costs, they want to make their supporters happy with their play. Well, i live far away from Spain, but i think that i'm right:) So they are not going to make their tactics more defensive, but wouldn't this mean another crash in Europe? Or Perez will buy Canavaro, Matterazi, Rio and Cafu? Or Belleti and Gio will stop runnig across the field and focus on the defence? Or Del Horno will tear with his attacking abilities?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Spanish futbol succeeded alot with attacking formations, so just because of one bad season we have to change our futbol to defensive? Whoever wrote that article is very naive. La Liga has been an attacking league since its establishment and there is no way it will change.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hala Madrid said:
Spanish futbol succeeded alot with attacking formations, so just because of one bad season we have to change our futbol to defensive? Whoever wrote that article is very naive. La Liga has been an attacking league since its establishment and there is no way it will change.

The question is that it is not just one bad season.You can see, first "The Italian Job" - Milan, Juventus and Inter(02/03), then Murinho's Porto, Greece, now Chelsea... The modern football now is the defensive football. And if La Liga clubs want to keep their position as the best, they must change something IMO.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
zeifod2 said:
IMO La liga clubs are not going to do that, because they are unique - they don't want to win at any costs, they want to make their supporters happy with their play. Well, i live far away from Spain, but i think that i'm right:)
I'm afraid you're not. It's another stereotype. We have attacking teams and defensive teams, just like every country. If you think all the games in la Liga are exciting and full of goals, you're wrong. Actually, I've watched lots of BORING games this season.

No, I don't think we have to schange our style, it has worked well in the last years and it will work well in the future. Villarreal can still win the UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Setzer said:
I'm afraid you're not. It's another stereotype. We have attacking teams and defensive teams, just like every country. If you think all the games in la Liga are exciting and full of goals, you're wrong. Actually, I've watched lots of BORING games this season.

No, I don't think we have to schange our style, it has worked well in the last years and it will work well in the future. Villarreal can still win the UEFA Cup.

Yes, but in the last two years we were without any teams at the semi-finals, this is not good.... Yes, UEFA Cup is not enought, Villareal won two Intertotos but nobody gives a shit for this tournament(except Villareal themselves:) )...

This stupid Euro 2004 was proof that the defensive and counter-attacking football is the future :( I hope that in Spain supporters will always be on fisrt place, before the win, and the spanish teams won't practice this modern football.

About this BORING games - in fow many of them the Italian Valencia were playing:)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
zeifod2 said:
Yes, but in the last two years we were without any teams at the semi-finals, this is not good.... Yes, UEFA Cup is not enought, Villareal won two Intertotos but nobody gives a shit for this tournament(except Villareal themselves:) )...
Intertoto Cup? I wasn't talking about it, in fact I don't even consider it a tournament. In my opinion UEFA Cup is important.

By the way, if Spanish football is in decadence... what about English football? What have they won in these last 2 years too? Nothing.

About this BORING games - in fow many of them the Italian Valencia were playing:)
Lots of them. Atlético de Madrid mainly, but also Osasuna, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Racing, even Real Madrid.

Man, if you think Valencia is defensive, you haven't watched Atlético...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Setzer said:
By the way, if Spanish football is in decadence... what about English football? What have they won in these last 2 years too? Nothing.

Yes, nothing, but look at French liga(0:0 0:0....), Serie A(0:0 1:0 with penalty, awarded to Juve)....
In fact the french teams score a lot in Europe.... But they still are defensive teams for sure

Setzer said:
Man, if you think Valencia is defensive, you haven't watched Atlético...

I, I had, that 0:2 at Nou Camp... that's what i call defesive football:)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
zeifod2 said:
I, I had, that 0:2 at Nou Camp... that's what i call defesive football:)
In fact, it was... but you were lucky enough to see their only away victory in la Liga and one of their best games (which wasn't very special, anyways). Watch the Zaragoza-Atlético of this last round, for example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts