Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering.Everyone knows Barça like RM is not a PLC,its a club where socis pay an annual fee and economically its depended on that money,TV rights,sponshorship deals and so on.So the president of the club is more of an administrator(trustee?).That way the club is in safe hands and even with bad use of money like Gaspart's theres no big danger of facing a problem like Lazio's or Leed's

BUT,i know that Laporta is a lawyer which means he has money but he could not run a team like Inter or Milan eg on his own like Moratti and Berlusconi do.Gaspart had something to do with hotels.Do they spend any money of their own or they just use the club money.

I mean i'm sure in Spain and Barcelona there must be some huge businessmen who would be keen to be involved with football.Why not having a person like that as a president.A rich guy that will be able to spend HIS money too and not only the club's income.I'm talking about a mixture of both models.

Is it because of the structure of the club he would not be able to have any financial profit personally back like Abramovic?Perhaps its a silly question since i'm not an economics mastermind and this can't cannot happen in a club like Barça,but then i read that Flo is going to sell his yacht ifor 30 M in the summer to get another crack to Madrid,which mean he gives to the club money of his own:confused:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Technically, It would be difficult, but there are always loopholes. I believe Barcelona has a registered charity, which is used to pay for non-professional activities. The money could be shunted through that medium into Barca's accounts then spend on players. After all, it's a sports club, and sports clubs can both recieve donations and decide how to use the money without outside interference.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I can't believe that Florentino Perez sells his yatch to get a football player. No one would sell his own properties for free. He doesn't need to do so. Real Madrid has money enough to pay for another crack. Chelsea paid for Makelele more or less the same that Real Madrid paid for Beckham.

Barça, Real Madrid, Athletic (and Osasuna too, if I'm not wrong) are not PLC. So they can't be bought by anyone, they are another kind of civil organization. In fact this is not an advantage for the administrators, since they respond personally with their own goods for the responsability of their acts. While in PLC, the administrators only respond until the value of his shares (if they don't fall in corruption).

I don't want Barça to be a PLC, we are a football club, owned by the socios, 1 vote for each one. We are all the same, Barça supporters. If someone wants to put money there, okay, but the club is the club of all the socios. Abrahmovic could seem a nice man, spending all his money in his new toy... but you can have idiots like the one who destroyed Fiorentina, or the one who destroyed Parma, or someone like Jesus Gil in Atlético... or another idiot.

Of course, if someone wants to donate money, no one would say no, but would like to do this for free without having the control of the club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts