Xtratime Community banner

Splitting the forum up and going for the section?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked if we can go up into the separated section of XT again after we have posted 24,000 posts in 8 months since i last asked.

Eclipsing forums such as the dutch, german, russian and israeli. we are posting about 15,000 to 20,000 posts more then them since the last time i asked.

MM has said we probably will be able to do this BUT only if we go with the typical sub forum style of all of the separated sections.

So i assume its

Cro National team
Hajduk Split
Dinamo Zagreb

I am for this. I think if we went to the separated section we could attract more members as thats the first thing you see when you look at XT.

SO! what needs to happen is the democratic thing, a poll, everyone vote, and if it comes down to a no i will never ask again:D

MM will elaborate on this im sure....

so the question is-

and wait for the poll please...

1. Are you FOR being in the separated section which will include making the forum into subforums?

2. Are you AGAINST being in the separated section which would include making the forum into subforums?

I dont think we can go into that section without doing the sub-forum thing like all the other nations in that section, which is only fair i guess....

The only thing id like MM to ask is, if we could for aesthetical sakes have it in subforum format on the XT forum page, but when you click on it that we could go staright to the forum as it is now...

so yeh, vote away:D

ps. i say the poll should close in a week, once that is done we could take our results from there...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Against.
honestly I don't think it would be of any benefit, sure it would be cool for us to move up and our forum to be more visible.
But it would be negative within our regular visitors having dinamo and hajduk seperated from the rest of the forum topics, their both relativly neglected as it is now and this will just make it worse, people that don't have much of an insight of the hnl wouldn't be enticed to open them if anything out of curiosity. How many topics could/would actually be created under say the dinamo subforum?

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Mislim da bi bilo bolje... kaj sad imas dinamo, hajduk topic i to je to.. sve se gura tamo, nepregledno je i bas se i ne pise previse tamo

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;6215895 said:
The only thing id like MM to ask is, if we could for aesthetical sakes have it in subforum format on the XT forum page, but when you click on it that we could go staright to the forum as it is now...
no its not possible.

Ćevapčići kid;6215895 said:
Cro National team
Hajduk Split
Dinamo Zagreb
if people decide to go for splitting the forum upi think that for starters something like

cro nt forum
cro leagues forum

would be a better choice. if in that way leagues forum becomes too messy and clogged there will be no problem in creating seperate clubs forums.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Against.
honestly I don't think it would be of any benefit, sure it would be cool for us to move up and our forum to be more visible.
But it would be negative within our regular visitors having dinamo and hajduk seperated from the rest of the forum topics, their both relativly neglected as it is now and this will just make it worse, people that don't have much of an insight of the hnl wouldn't be enticed to open them if anything out of curiosity. How many topics could/would actually be created under say the dinamo subforum?
thats why i think leagues forum would a better choice to start with it would be more active.

the way it is now cro forum is extremely active and threads are pretty quick to sink down to the depths of 2nd page many of which never recover from that. cro clubs in diaspora for example completely died out. the vault also sank to the depths of god knows which page. even modric to and vukojevic threads sank from 1st page.

splitting the forum up would prolong the thread's life, things wouldn't be so clogged as they are now and threads would remain easily accessible to many for a longer time.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I also agree that keeping is simple with two different forums.

Croatian NT
Croatian Clubs and Leagues

I can see the advantages of this system and I think that it would just be an extra click.

The only disadvantage I can see is the fact that it would seperate the crowd from NT and clubs. This is why the NT should be the only thing which is seperate and everything else (Bullshit, Dinamo, Hajduk, Kavana, etc etc) should all be in the Croatian Clubs and leagues (it would keep people visiting the clubs page and obviously everyone would come to the NT forum as soon as we smell the chance of playing a friendly otr a qual)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I like this idea of splitting it into Croatian NT and Croatian Clubs/Leagues better than splitting Dinamo, hajduk and NT. I was never for splitting Dinamo, hajduk, etc.

Eduardos idea of 3 subforums with 3 relevant things we discuss (nt, league and bulshit ) sounds pretty cool also. I'll wait until I hear more opinions on this though. I can be easily swayed :D

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
I don't know yet, but for sure, Germany, Israel, Russia, Scotland don't deserve their own forums. The Russian forum is dead and 90% of the posts are about cats, Israel same thing, the German forum is disappointing but I guess they all have their own outside of XT

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I don't think that it will lead to any splintering of the forum. If we split it NT/Cro league that just means one extra click to check everything. As one of the more active forums we deserve to be up there.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;6219130 said:
BOSNA DO SMTRI has nothing to do with this voting, his vote means nothing.

And thanks Hrvatino!

maybe he too is coming to terms with his Croatian heritage. ;)

1 - 20 of 159 Posts