Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone else who's addicted to the 90 program of Iran's channel 3? I just can't help watching it. Whatever I've got to do, I cancel just to see Ferdowsipoor's funny and interesting program. The best part is you can see all the league games' highlights at once. My most favourite parts are the referee analysis part and when coaches(especially comedians like Firooz Karimi, Misaghian, Peyrovani, Marfavi,...)talk.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for being late. Yeah, unfortunately Glendale. But I will move out as soon as possible, probably to Orange County where is closer to the university I want to apply for (Northridge).

I've heard lots of good things from people who used to live in Texas, especially about the people. Are they right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rafo said:
Sorry for being late. Yeah, unfortunately Glendale. But I will move out as soon as possible, probably to Orange County where is closer to the university I want to apply for (Northridge).

I've heard lots of good things from people who used to live in Texas, especially about the people. Are they right?
lets just say idiots exist everywhere in the world :smileani: and regarding the 90 program...it's a great program but i live in the US so it's way too late.

good luck with all your applications...wish you luck here in the states.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rafo said:
Thanks, dear iKnan. I wish you the best too. It will definitely take me some time to get used to the system there.
my brother just recently came here. i hadn't seen him in 7 years but he is now living with us again until he becomes independent. ah, he can tell you that there are the good and the bads about the states.

just let me tell you a few things. don't expect the streets to be crowded and lively like in iran where people are still on the streets till 3 in the morning. if you are coming to california, you will get a nice tan. no matter what you do, california will have it's effect on you. you will struggle to adapt to the climate changes and will go through some colds but it wouldn't last too long. and i don't know if you know this but, united states as we persian say is "Omri kar". ;) hope i haven't scared you, but if i had the choice and the asshole mullahs would leave the country, i will return.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right on everything. I call 'omri kar', 'omri sag do' or even 'khar kari'. ;) And the bad thing is both the husband and his wife must work. But at least it's better than what you'll earn as an educated youngster in Iran ever.

The worst part is I have to study for another 2-4 years eventhough I have a BS in Electrical Engineering-Telecommunications from here. And that will be very expenisve. :( But at least my English is good enough and I can start right away (TOEFL ibt score of 92/120).

It's such a pity people hardly go walking out there and just use their cars even before evening. That's one of the most obvious reasons of obesity, alongside fast food.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Rafo said:

If by right, you mean right wing. You are correct.

You will not have a problem with the people really. I've never had a serious problem except some idiots who think when I am Irani, that obviously means Iraqi and then i go into a 10 minute speech about the differences between the two and by the time of my speech is up they either say sorry or nothing at all. Then again I was born here.

I doubt you will that problem since there will be a lot of similiar people like you.

If you feel home sick and want to watch Iranian TV, you need a satellite system. Just ask around, I am sure you wont have problems. The only IR stations we get is Irib2 and Irib news, but you can get like 20 LA channels that are utter nonsense.

Anyways, hope you do well in the states.

·
Registered
50 Posts
people in united states live busy lives...most if not all just come from work tired and etc, they grab fast food and it does it for them. obesity is bad here, there are some health freaks and then there are the fat group, no in the middle stage.

and regarding activity in the city, i guess if you're in big cities the night life is obviously much better. i sometimes go towards LA or SF for some night life fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts