Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And to think somebody tried to start this thread before me! :stuckup:

Let's go for three in a row people!!! This is the big one. We win this and we are for real. :fero:

We have seen Pato-Borriello for two games now and the results speak for themselves. Do we see them again? Ronaldinho did not even play against Reggina. Does he make the derby? Hard to imagine he sitting out the big one, given the noise made when he came, but even harder to imagine Carlo upsetting the rhythm.

Here's hoping for:

-----Abbiatti---------

Zambro----Maldini-----Bonera/Kaladze---Janku

-Gattuso----Flamini-----Seedorf

-----------Kaka---------

Pato------Boriello

I ma thinking Ambro plays for Flamini because Carlo loves him with Gattuso, and they ahve done ok so far, but Flamini is too good not to play. Depends on how conservative Carlo gets. He obviously loves the experience factor. ;)

Forza Milan!!

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
If Borriello is somehow fit then the line-up is spot on. We've done well without Nesta and Pirlo in the side but the derby is a completely different thing altogether. It'd be nice if Gaucho could be the joker in the pack that can make his mark on the game.

Last derby match I was there at the San Siro. Amazing experience and cannot wait until I can go again.

FORZA MILAN

·
Scudetto
23,386 Posts
The fact that the midfield is such a question is my biggest worry.

Carlo could play all three DM's and then put Seedorf and Kaka behind Pato, and thats not good :scared:

My ideal line up, assuming Borriello is ok, would be like yours.

Otherwise Ronaldinho to partner Pato.

Most likely we will see Sheva-Pato, though.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a hunch that Carlo will play Gattuso and Ambro with Seedorf. Its worked against Lazio and he loves the muscle and experience. I can't see him going 3 dms....even Carlo never does that. If he does, then it shows how scared to lose this man is. If anything, this three game run shows how much he wants to win.

I think Dinho comes on at the 60 minute or 65th for somebody and has his chance to make his mark.

Carlo has no love for Sheva and given he has not started the last few matches shows that Carlo has no problem sitting him. He also could be useful coming off the bench given his experience in this match. I guess I could see him starting if Carlo becomes obsessed with experience over form in this game.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Crap, I have to support Milan for this one.

·
Scudetto
23,386 Posts
Bloody hell, Sporting Gijon who beat us 2-0 in pre-season are losing 7-1 to Real Madrid now, coming off a 6-1 defeat vs Barca too :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ancelotti feels Borriello loss

“It doesn’t seem to be particularly serious and we’ll have to wait a few days to see the extent of the damage, but clearly he cannot recover for the derby,” revealed the Coach.
C4.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What happened to Borriello? I missed that.

I guess we go Pato-Sheva if Bori can't go or even a reversion to the tree (although I hope not).

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Pato and Shev upfront, with Dinho coming in sometime during 2nd half...

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Our attacking options are the least to be worrid about. Quaresma and Mancini will eat Janku and Zambrotta alive, while Ibrhimovic will make fool of Kaladze :depress:

I am praying for no 6-0 revenge, that's all!

Nevertheless, Forza Milan!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Our attacking options are the least to be worrid about. Quaresma and Mancini will eat Janku and Zambrotta alive, while Ibrhimovic will make fool of Kaladze :depress:

I am praying for no 6-0 revenge, that's all!

Nevertheless, Forza Milan!
3-1 for Milan :heart::eek::hopeful::proud::strong:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh come on, its not that bad. Quaresma and Mancini are great but we have stopped world class wingers before (ahem, Ronaldo meets Gattuso). Solid team defense with guys covering each other is hte key, not merely one on one matchups. What we will have to worry about is hte counter attack. Q and Mancini could be lethal in that respect. If Carlo feels this threat is very worrisome then we may see a more defensive minded midfield.

Clearly this is hte match that will tell us what we really have on our hands as far as a team goes.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3-1 for Milan :heart::eek::hopeful::proud::strong:

If we play like we have the last few games (I mean in tactic not result) then I see this being a 4-3 type of game. If we try and neutralize their attack and play more safe then this could be a 1-0 result.

The winner? Heart says Milan keep rolling but the mind says this is wide open. I do not see Inter as a runaway winner no matter what happens. They have not been that impressive, yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im praying for Sheva 2nd-1st goal against Inter and Milan victory...FORZAAAAA! :heart:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Dae: No team ever is under Mourinho.
Its simply that they just don't lose.
Exactly! They are not impressive, yet efficient; and that's what we are laxking lately.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
We are in a very similar situation every time we don't have Nesta. (except when we had both Maldini and Stam at the back at some of their best (excluding maldini, even though he was still one of the best defenders even just a few years back) that was just simply nuts

Now, any of those 3 at that stage of their game would be great.

I like Bonera in that, he may not be as skilled as anyone, and even if he does look nervous a lot of times, he makes far less mistakes at the back and thats not easy to do. Someone like Kaladze may have a slight shot at shutting down Ibrahimovic but Bonera would make less mistakes and at the end of the day that adds up.

What worries me most about this match is that, on a case by case basis I think both teams are pretty much on par. But we don't match up well with their speed on the wings, Mourinho is fairly conservative so I can't see him fielding both Quaresma and Mancini from the start against us, but that would be a bit too much to handle if you add Ibra's pace, and then their Pippo factor in Julio Cruz.

But, their defense has not been exactly splending (far better than ours so far), so I think that with the right motivation, Pato will light up the derby. Its good to see Gattuso back at some of his best, he's been massive since fit so I see him doing well against Inter. The worst thing we have going for us, is that Abbiati is a shit goal keeper, and our defense is shaky. But if we manage to keep a hold of the ball, I can see us winning this game.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Massive game. Milan win this and it will send a big message to everyone.

I predict a 1-0. Mourinho's teams don't score often but they don't concede often either.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts