Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woke up late this AM in Miami to find out this MONSTER eartquake hit central and southern Chile...We're watching live the NTV International signal..And considering the magnitude of the movement very few pwople have perished..
I have been trying to communicate with family and friends alike via phone and internet to no avail..
Hopefully by noon communications will be up and running !!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Are you (XT Chilean posters) guys okay?
Espero que sus familias esten bien. Los matendre en mis oraciones, GOD Bless you!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
PS - COLO COLO

Keep up the faith, hermano!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Thinking of the many Chilean friends. We have many acquaintances in Concepcion as well as a lot of business there. Hoping everyone is ok, I haven't been able to et through their cell phones. Terrible news:(

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're still in Limbo...those for us NOT in Chile....but somehow bad news always come in first....and no news is good for now

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PS - COLO COLO

Keep up the faith, hermano!
Thanx for the toughts and prayers...I just got off Skype with my brother in law in Viña del Mar...the entire family doing well with very little structural damage to their homes...The worst is in the higway Dept in Santiago and in the South...where roads and bridges have collapsed to no end.
Can you imagine if this eartquake (a full 2 points over the one in Port Au Prince) had hit the island nation ??? :eek: The island literally would have disappeared.
Thanks for your thoughts all of you friends at Xtratime. :thumbsup:

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking of the many Chilean friends. We have many acquaintances in Concepcion as well as a lot of business there. Hoping everyone is ok, I haven't been able to et through their cell phones. Terrible news:(
We are just beginning to see the enormous destruction in the Concepcion area via TVN Chile...Its goinn to be a tough reconstruction...its a blessing that so few people have died considering the magnitude of the quake and after shocks !!!

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
I hope all your family members are OK colo.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Woke up to this shocking news this morning. Still waiting to hear from most of my friends down there. CC, I'm glad your family sounds like they are OK. Things look terrible further south, but I also saw some shots of rubble/destruction in Viña and Valpo, do you know how things are there? My thoughts and prayers for the Chilean people.

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
naervod...The 5th Region is doing xtremelly well...after a shock of an 8.5 magnitude..that is the Bomb of all bombs...so considering the xtreme ... everyone and most buildings have been able to stay 90 to 95% intact..that is great news ...

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
That is great news indeed. I have started to hear from some friends who say there was a decent amount of material damage, but everyone seems OK there. I imagine Conce isn't quite as lucky. :(

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Dutch news reported a Tsunami will hit Hawaii in 20 minutes. May God help them!

And happy to hear good news from Chile. :thumbsup:

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
nothing happened.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Thinking of you and your friends and relatives in Chile -- colo, naervod, Cacique ... not to mention my old friend marceljasen's (Mau) relatives. My prayers for the Chilean people.

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chile calls off friendlies after earthquake

SANTIAGO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Chile has called of next week’s double bill of friendlies against Costa Rica and North Korea after the massive earthquake which hit the country in the early hours of Saturday.

“Football cannot remain indifferent to the catastrophe which has hit our country and certainly not to the pain and tragedy of thousands of Chileans,” soccer federation president Harold Mayne-Nicholls said on his organisation’s website (www.anfp.cl).

The players said in a statement: “At this moment, it is more important to look after the country’s urgent necessities. There will be time for football.”

In a highly unusual move, Chile, who have qualified for their first World Cup since 1998, were due to host Costa Rica and North Korea on the same evening at the National Stadium.

Both of Wednesday’s matches were listed as full internationals by governing body FIFA with coach Marcelo Bielsa saying he wanted to observe as many places as possible.

Last November, Chile’s friendly away to Germany was cancelled after the European team’s goalkeeper Robert Enke committed suicide.

One of the world’s most powerful earthquakes in a century hammered Chile early on Saturday, killing more than 300 people as it toppled buildings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts