Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indeed you are rude Amoroso :) hehe Seriously I wouldn't but Thuram on my list neither. I just don't like the guy and I think he's overrated.

My list:
1 Stam
2 Canavarro
3 Nesta
4 Desailly
5 Kuffour
6 F. de Boer
7 Lebouef

Managers:

1 Valerij Lobanovski
2 the rest will never even come close to the master...

And anyone who places Sir Alex Fuc*er on the list is IMO pathetic :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thuram overrated? maybe underrated but overrated NO WAY!

He is definitely better than Leboeuf,Frank De Boer (talking about overrated?) and Mihajlovic...

In my opinion,Thuram is simply the best...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

R

·
0 Posts
1. Nesta
2. Sol Campbell
3. Stam
4. Thuram
5. Desailly
5. Maldinin (can play in center, too)
6. F. De Boer
7. Kuffour

1. Alex Ferguson
2. Marcelo Lippi
3. Hitzfeld
4. Cuper
5. Houllier
6. Leverkusen coach (daum?)
7. Jaquet

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
1.LILIAN THURAM
2.Alessandro Nesta
3.Jaap Stam
4.Fabio Cannavaro
5.Sol Cambell
6.Marcel Dessailly
7.I would say Hierro,but not anymore...so I'll go for Laurent Blanc

------------------

D

·
0 Posts
1. Stam
1. Desailly
3. Nesta
4. Cannavaro
5. Hyppia
6. Hierro
7. Mihajlovic

Hierro and Mija are not as good at plain defending (Hierro used to be as good as anyone but not anymore) but still I think they belong there cause they're the best at connecting defense with offense.

1. Cruyff :(
2. Hitzfeld
3. Houllier
4. Wenger
5. Camacho
6. Ferguson
7. Van Gaal :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I dont want to be rude,but why ragulate didnt pick Cannavaro or dwMB dint pick Thuram,is beyond me...

Could you explain me guys?

------------------

C

·
0 Posts
1: Sammi Hyppia
2: Thuram
3 : Canavaro
4: Desailly
5: Stam
6: Campbell
these six stand out a bit and the rest including Blanc , De Boer , etc mentioned and all much a much .

D

·
0 Posts
To tell you the truth Amoroso!, Thuram would have been No.1 if this topic was brought up last year. But now, Lilian hasn't been as impressive. He is still very good but, IMO, not any better than the seven I just mentioned.

Then again, I may just be frustrated at Lilian's rumored transfer to Real last summer not coming true. Your president was so adamant at keeping him, he annoyed the hell outta me and made me get over Thuram!

P.S.
Labas, I know Ferguson is the man we all love to hate because his team is the team we all live to loathe but he has been winning hasn't he? He did win the treble last year and that is no mean feat! He did end Liverpool's dominance in the Premiership and made Man U the richest club in the world. And he achieved that through a great youth system, shrewd buys, and sound tactics, not by buying his way to every title. That's good management to me. Lobanovski indeed is one I forgot to mention. He is right there among the best.

R

·
0 Posts
I too forgot about Lobanovski. A year ago I would have also included the ex-Norweigan national team coach Olsen, but now he is not doing so well. And AMOROSO, the reason Cannavaro is not on the list is simply because he is a good player, but not among the world's seven best in his position. And Labas, you may hate him, but Ferguson is an incredible coach, at least admit that!

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. Cordoba
2. Cannavaro
3. Nesta
4. Maldini
5. Thuram
6. Hyppia
7. Saveljic

1. Lobanovsky
2. Fergusson
3. Hitzfeld
4. Camacho
5. Houllier
6. Ancelotti (also the most boring)
7. Daum

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Fergie is a great players, but shrewd buys?????? Silvestre and Taibi???

Defenders.

Nesta
S Campbell
Thuram
Madini
Desailly
Stam
Hyppia

That was quite easy.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

M

·
0 Posts
Did you see what Taibi did against Liverpool? He won the game for MU. But the goal from LeTissier simply killed him. Silvestre? Yeah, sloppy defender, but there was not much to choose from those who were available. He'll sign Sol in the summer. That's a done deal already. And him with Stam will make quite a duo.
I find this poll much more sobre and objective than the striker's list.

1.Fergie (sorry Labas, hate him or love him he is THE MAN)
2.Lobanovski
3.Hitzfeld
4.Houllier
5.Wenger
6.Lippi
7.Vialli

1.-7.Hyypia,Stam, Campbell,Adams,Keown,Nesta,Thuram. Last year I would put Desailly and Leboef in the first place, but this season they had just too many games where both looked pathetic, like at home against Lazio.As a rookie of the year I'd pick Woodgate from Leeds, he was absolutely fabulous against Spartak Moscow, the way he played I'd have never guessed he's only 19.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I have a problem choosing the managers as it seems that it only goes on sucess. Look at what O'Neil has done at Leicester or Kinnear at Wimbledon - great achievements but no titles.
How could you compare them with Robson or Erikson. Similarily it would be hard to compare Jaques with Fergie. There are loads of great managers out there and to pick the top 7 would be too hard.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

1 - 14 of 14 Posts