Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some facts to enlighten the non Greeks in here the war that is being waged against Olympiakos by current Greek Prime Minister Kostas Karamanlis(hes fat and bisexual by the way).
Ms.Karamanlis ( thats the best title I can give him) has a personal Vendetta against Billionaire Olympiakos president Sokratis Kokkalis....a vendetta which dates back nearly a decade since Kokkalis always backed the opposing PASOK Political party.
Unfortunately though for us Olympiakos fans Ms. Karamanlis is trying to hurt Sokratis Kokkalis through Olympiakos, his efforts to undermine the most popular , the biggest and most successful football team inGreece are a big concern..
Since Ms.Karamanlis has come into power he and his cronies have tried their outmost to hurt Olympiakos.
Earlier this year Olympiakos had 3 points deducted because of Crowd trouble, this has never happened anywhere in Europe before nor is it sanctioned by UEFA or FIFA.....these points were given back on appeal after Olympiakos threatened to take the matter to the European courts and FIFA.
Early in the season we saw lots of crowd disturbances by Panathinaikos, PAOK and Aris fans....as a result of these troubles Panathinaikos recieved a 1 match home ban, a match against their sister club OFI crete. In other words not much was done, last week we saw PAOK fans invade the playing arena for the 4 th consecutive year inamatch against Olympiakos to intimidate our players. As is done every year POAK will most likely not recieve any home bans, a mere fine , slap on the wrist.
Olympiakos on the other hand recieved a 4 match home ban for crowd trouble in an away match and a 300,00 euro fine. On top of this ban we recieved an additional 2 match home ban for further disturbances in another away match. There is no consistency.
Panathinaikos 2 weeks ago recieved a home match ban against Iraklis , this ban was overturned on appeal. Olympiakos also appealed their 2 match ban but the powers to be decided to reject the appeal.

To date Olympiakos has been banned from playing with fans at home on 6 occassions depriving the club of finances close to 4 million euros and theadvantage of a pasionate home crowd.
We have also had referees screw us in matches.....The games at Xanthi and Kallithea stand out the most and only last week we had a perfectly good goal dissallowed.

Panathinaikos for years now has played in The Greek league owning 2 clubs, this is not only forbidden in Greece but also by FIFA....Panathinaikos and OFI are the same team, same owners, in the last 10 years over 70 players have transfered to and from these clubs and the Greek government has turned a blind eye.
Their matches are aways fixed (Panathinaikos wins) and former OFI players and coaches have come out and spoken about thearrangements these 2 clubs have.

AEK last year were exonerated of debts close to 100 million euros, debts which were incurred by their last 4 shonky presidents who stole and mismanaged money.In Italy clubs that were bankrupt were forced down a couple of divisions....not in Greece though!
In Greece ,you can be a football club that does not pay its players, does not pay other clubs the transfer fees for players they have bought and still be given a licence to continue. Thats AEK'sstory of the last 7 years, shonky presidents stealing from the club, in turn the club stealing from the playersand other clubs by way of non payment....the result an accruing debt of 100 million euros of which FIFA and UEFA were aware off.
Enter Kostas Karamanlis and his government and a loop law named article44 which exonerates AEK ( private company mind due) of all these debts . The debts will be payed by the taxpayer.

So next time you read anything about Olympiakos remember this post .
Olympiakos is the ONLY team in Greece to have build and self funded its own stadium whilst teams like POAk and Aris have had their stadiums refubished by the government with taxpayers money and teams like Panathinaikos are crying for handouts to the government to not only give them land for free but to also fund the building of their stadium.
Greek teams might not be up there compared to the bigger clubs in europe but Olympiakos is streets ahead of the rest.

Kosta Karamali ......kato ta xeria sou apo ton Thrylo hondroanomale.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Excellent post Redhot, I heard the interview Kokkali gave last night, he specifically said, come after me if you have a problem but lay your hands off Olympiakos! But let them do whatever they want, they can`t hurt us not even in their wildest dreams can ANY of those shitkicker teams challenge us...you want to play a derby with no fans, fine by us, they can throw anything at us - we are indestructible, not even that pousti Karamanli can bring us down.

KATO TA XERIA AP TON OLYMPIAKO

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ms.Karamanlis ( thats the best title I can give him) has a personal Vendetta against Billionaire Olympiakos president Sokratis Kokkalis....a vendetta which dates back nearly a decade since Kokkalis always backed the opposing PASOK Political party.
The bloke owns one of the largest companies in the country. And given the significance of telcos in this day & age it wouldn't be in the interests of the government of the day to "wage a war" with its owner just because he supposedly supported the opposition. :confused:

Earlier this year Olympiakos had 3 points deducted because of Crowd trouble, this has never happened anywhere in Europe before nor is it sanctioned by UEFA or FIFA...
Actually it did happen before, in 1991. OSFP were docked 3 points for a pitch invasion against Athinaikos thus ending the game earlier. Albeit by two minutes I think.

Panathinaikos for years now has played in The Greek league owning 2 clubs, this is not only forbidden in Greece but also by FIFA....Panathinaikos and OFI are the same team, same owners, in the last 10 years over 70 players have transfered to and from these clubs and the Greek government has turned a blind eye.

Vardinoyiannis uses a loophole saying his brother owns it. Same shit but I'm not sure what can be done about it. :sleepy:

AEK last year were exonerated of debts close to 100 million euros, debts which were incurred by their last 4 shonky presidents who stole and mismanaged money.In Italy clubs that were bankrupt were forced down a couple of divisions....not in Greece though!
In Greece ,you can be a football club that does not pay its players, does not pay other clubs the transfer fees for players they have bought and still be given a licence to continue. Thats AEK'sstory of the last 7 years, shonky presidents stealing from the club, in turn the club stealing from the playersand other clubs by way of non payment....the result an accruing debt of 100 million euros of which FIFA and UEFA were aware off.
Enter Kostas Karamanlis and his government and a loop law named article44 which exonerates AEK ( private company mind due) of all these debts . The debts will be payed by the taxpaye

Still There? Using the Italian example is pointless as their laws are diffirent to ours. Also don't forget Aris used this avenue as well. You could use the examples of giannina, Panahaiki, Fostiras and panaigaleos here, but I'm not 100% on their circumstances. Also had ND not won the election there would've probably been a greater chance of article44 going through so you can't really blame karamanlis there. As well as that the law has been existance long before all this took place. Just a case of us exploiting it. Wrong I know, but this is greece for you. :wallbang:

Early in the season we saw lots of crowd disturbances by Panathinaikos, PAOK and Aris fans....as a result of these troubles Panathinaikos recieved a 1 match home ban, a match against their sister club OFI crete. In other words not much was done, last week we saw PAOK fans invade the playing arena for the 4 th consecutive year inamatch against Olympiakos to intimidate our players. As is done every year POAK will most likely not recieve any home bans, a mere fine , slap on the wrist.
No arguments there. Though I'm not sure as to how PAO got to play in an empty stadium in the first place anyway. OSFP got shafted BIG TIME there. I mean weren't Panionios the home club? Wouldn't they have been responsible for the OVERALL security there?? No consistency period. It's absolutely f*cked to think that a club can be responsible for the antics of a few scatterbrains at an away game. No really. But then how are we suppossed to deal with it?? I mean in a general sense. You get every Tom, Dick and Harry on their soapbox one day and it's all forgotten in the next. The government has called on former UK Tory minister Colin Moynihan to deal with this. He of the ID card scheme for all football fans. And yes, he has brought on such a scheme here as well. Of course none of the fans could be bothered forming a united front against such a draconian measure since the petty club rivalries come first. Now that pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fero:

sorry about the lentgh of this by the way. :sigh:

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PAOK recieved only a 2 match ban for the their fans pitch invasion in the match against Olympiakos. Where is the consistency?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts