Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply awesome....I know Yugoslavia made it easy for us...but tell me another team in the world, not just in Europe, that can produce that kind of result. Italy will make it difficult...but if we play like that who can stop us? France will have to play well, but first Italy....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yugoslvai didn't make it easy, they just never got into their rhytm. The Yugoslavs did get into their usual routine of diving and time-wasting, but that didn't stop the Dutch hammering them 6-1. The Dutch could have had double figures.
This was definitely the best match of the tournament so far, previous being Holland vs France and Spain being Yugoslavia. Funny how Holland and Yugoslavia were again invloved, well mostly Holland in another match of the tournament. France - Spain better be as entertaining, and I hope for some goals, although it will probably be tighter, but something like 3-2 would be great.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
3-2 is much better than a one-sided affair. Spain-Yugo is still the match of the tournament because it wasn't one-sided...still not to take away from the dutch performance...which was absolutely majestic.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
It wasn't the match of the tournament, but it certainly was the performance of the tournament :)

6-1 is the biggest victory in the history of the tournament, and Kluivert scoring 4 times in one single game (although he played only 60 minutes!) is also a record. HUP HOLLAND HUP!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Though it is not the really the MATCH of this tournament...BUT, it surely is the MATCH of MINE!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
More and more magnificent moments is coming....

Go Oranje~~~~~~~~

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's what I meant :), to me Oranje - Yugoslavia 6-1 was the match of the tournament for ME.
To see your team hammer another team like that is so great, as a neutral spectator, Spain 4-3 Yugoslavia was highly exciting, but not the match of the tournament for me.

I don't expect the Netherlands to get six past Italy, past Toldo, but I think Oranje will comfortably win, 3-1 perhaps. In this sort of form I can't see Van Der Sar conceding a goal, Oranje may cocnede one should Westerveld be sub-ed on again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts