Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
70,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Burca is suspended for this game. Stanciu and Sorescu not in good conditions.

GSP speaks of a team made by: Radu - Ratiu, Rus, Nedelcearu, Bancu - R.Marin, Baluta, Cicaldau - Man, Puscas, Tanase.

If that's true, some of these players need to take a step forward regarding the June games, especially R.Marin, Cicaldau and Tanase. They were disssapointing players.

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
Damn, Burca is a loss specially if Nedelcearu starts..

We know GSP talks shit.

Puscas starting when he has so little playing time would be ridiculous, Tanase and Cicaldau...

I hope Edi is smarter than this.

I think M.Marin will start, Olaru probably aswell. Alibec our most in form striker

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Don't hold your breath.
If we still play as bad as in the past few months and years,still no evolution and development to be seen (Edi: 6 games, 0,67 points/game, 3!!! scored and 9 conceded...against the mighty Finland, 2x Montenegro, Bosnia, Israel and Greece) I hope he's gone asap...he should've been fired a long time ago honestly...how does he plan to turn this around??? I just don't see it....only chance is if God exists and he's a huge Romania fan....but that would mean he has slept the last 20 years...and honestly, not even miracles (plural!) can save this coach and his team.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Don't hold your breath.
If we still play as bad as in the past few months and years,still no evolution and development to be seen (Edi: 6 games, 0,67 points/game, 3!!! scored and 9 conceded...against the mighty Finland, 2x Montenegro, Bosnia, Israel and Greece) I hope he's gone asap...he should've been fired a long time ago honestly...how does he plan to turn this around??? I just don't see it....only chance is if God exists and he's a huge Romania fan....but that would mean he has slept the last 20 years...and honestly, not even miracles (plural!) can save this coach and his team.

I agree, but I also think we could throw a squad together that would beat this one, and it's a very random squad of non call ups:

---Eric--Munteanu--Torje
--Dragomir--Popescu--Nistor--Mitrita
-----Grigore---Dragusin---Tamas
------------Papp---------------------

This lineup alone would probably beat our current NT playing finland. That's sad, no?

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
Don't hold your breath.
I'm not against him. He is one of the serious coaches we have, and I'm afraid we are too much a problem for any coach to solve. I don't believe he lost all his knowledge overnight.

We have a terrible combination of bad mentality, lack of quality, lack of fitness, zero influence so any ref can **** us, etc

He doesn't have much at disposal, players get
Injured all the time, players who play at low level or don't play, ones that come and don't give 100% for the team, others that choke when it matters...

·
General Iordanescu
31,460 Posts
Damn, Burca is a loss specially if Nedelcearu starts..

We know GSP talks shit.

Puscas starting when he has so little playing time would be ridiculous, Tanase and Cicaldau...

I think M.Marin will start, Olaru probably aswell. Alibec our most in form striker
He knew Burca was suspended and still only called 4 CBs? Knowing our players consider the round before a NT game injury time? What a dumbass...

If Tanase starts, ugh...

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
He knew Burca was suspended and still only called 4 CBs? Knowing our players consider the round before a NT game injury time? What a dumbass...

If Tanase starts, ugh...
That's incredible. He called 27 players, had to choose from. He called 4 DM's...
He could have dropped Paun or Baluta and called another CB

·
General Iordanescu
31,460 Posts
Radu -- Ratiu, Nedelcearu, Rus, Bancu -- Boloca -- R. Marin, M. Marin --- Man, Alibec, Dragus

I consider Sorescu, Stanciu, Coman potentially out with injuries. Burca is suspended.

Otherwise, I'd exclude Paun, Tanase and ??? from the 23-man squad. (In principle, Camora but we only barely have enough DFs)

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
Not sure if he considered Marin or Boloca DMs... Something tells me Baluta starts tomorrow. Personally I'd play Boloca. Maybe even with 2 Marins in front of him.
Marin has been our DM in 3 out of the 4 last games. He can do that role for sure. So can Razvan if needed, he's playing there for Empoli (altough not the best for him IMO). I think Marius and a DM seems suited for a game against stronger teams.

We'll see about Boloca but he seems more of a CM

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
I'm not against him. He is one of the serious coaches we have, and I'm afraid we are too much a problem for any coach to solve. I don't believe he lost all his knowledge overnight.

We have a terrible combination of bad mentality, lack of quality, lack of fitness, zero influence so any ref can **** us, etc

He doesn't have much at disposal, players get
Injured all the time, players who play at low level or don't play, ones that come and don't give 100% for the team, others that choke when it matters...
I agree but he doesn't make his life easier regarding some of his call ups.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Prediction?

For me, easy, 1-0 Finland.
I don't know but I can make one prediction: it won't be pretty...even our rare wins feel like losses honestly...because after those wins there's not much reason to feel more optimistic regarding the future. Our performances are just bad.

I'm gonna be a believer and say it ends 1:1...becoming a legendary game in rom football history when we got a draw away against the mighty Finland.

·
Registered
18,537 Posts
Prediction?

For me, easy, 1-0 Finland.
Hard to be optimistic. I can imagine a good, motivated start for us, even creating some chances (like against Montenegro). We could even score one of those. Or I can imagine a slow cautious start and becoming better with some subs on the last 30 when we are down...

But it seems impossible to expect a steady performamce troughout the match. So I guess 1-0 is a likely result

·
Registered
831 Posts
Being a starter in a top 5 league is a pretty good reason for a country whose players are mostly Serie C level according to you. R Marin is one of the few players who should always be called in our current situation...we can't replace such players with some ~18 year old who has played zero games on senior level. You can probably count our starters in top 5 leagues with one hand.
yes, indeed, we dont have so much top 5 starters. We have players who didnt rezist in Turkey so they are now loaned in other (low) leagues. I heard Sumudica criticized Edward Iordanescu about Maxim and Mitrita. Maybe he had a point, but what glorious results have we with them in the squad? :(

21 - 40 of 85 Posts