Xtratime Community banner

Who is more guilty?

• the players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the referees (for those who believe in Santa Klaus ;) )

• Lady Luck

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Levato_Italia said:
How about Colombo not being Bazzani or Bonazzoli?
That for sure.... :yuck:

so, according to that, in your opinion who is more guilty? Lady Luck... or maybe the management who chose Colombo in January as a replacement for Bonazzoli?

Of course, it must be said that the management could not predict another injury for Bazzani... or maybe they could at least consider that he was coming from an ACL injury which is not a joke....

Vote! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Novellino got my vote without thinking. Losers blame it on the ref (although sometimes, not many, they can be to blame).......

·
Registered
347 Posts
all of the above maybe? injuries, suspentions (in this game we got 4(!) yellows) and lack of motivation from time to time has made novellino forced to make changes he probably wouldnt want to do and if the management wanted uefagames they probably should buy quality players insted of borrowing milanrejects and cardsearching defense. its just something really wrong in sampa right now, everybody seems to be fed up with something. i still call bullshit on 5 in a row losses. it didnt happend, im sure.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Today vs Palermo you lot were indeed unlucky.

P.S. BTW, Lady Luck is a patented trademark ;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
This season's been a washout since Bonazzoli got injured :sigh: I've not seen the games recently( maybe I'm lucky ;) ), but from the reaction here it seems that the team have lost the fight that they have showed in previous years. We've had good first halves but capitulated as soon as the opposition score.
Who's to blame? Well, probably the club management for not giving the coach the money to buy better quality players,the coach for being tactically inflexible and stubborn in his team selection,and the players for their lack of discipline at crucial times.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Novellino is to blame for the bad performance.He should be sacked.We are reaching the record of 8 consecutive defeats created in the 97/98 season.

·
Registered
906 Posts
i think management cause their system in mercato for looked on loan and free always every year

i remebred when we promoted the president promised and targeting recoba and some other names ,and i sure we can start again after our long sleep in serie b ,but this is bullshit ,im only happy and glad last season when we got the uefa ticket

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
I also picked management, for pretty much the same reasons as Indosamp here. I think they haven´t invested enough money into the squad and it´s showing. The team doesn´t seem to have enough depth and in a league like the Serie A, where a team plays 38 games, plus cup games and European football, that can really kill you.

You don´t always need to have lots of money to find good players. It´s also about being alert and smart in the field of management.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think you can pick just one, Lady luck left us this season, and we all know about the boards lack of investment in the team, Novellino's poor squad/sub selection and the teams lack of spirit, drive and determination. I just hope that things change, and quickly especially as I'm thinking of going to Italy to see Samp play next season. Also disappointing to read we now play rubbish football, where's all the flair gone?

We all know Samp's many problems at the moment, but what'd you think can be done to make things better?

Time for a new manager?
Investment in the team?
What players need to leave?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I am not putting my voice to this poll because it is hard to say who is more guilty? I don't blame referees and generally players. All the rest has made their touch to our currently SerieA place.

:greed: Management- it is great that we esteem money, and I guess we have solid finacial situation. I know we are not Juve,Milan or Inter to pay enormous money for (and to) players but...We were a little bit to mean last days.

:confused: Walter Novellino- my only charge is that he puts Colombo on the pitch...+ maybe some weird substitutions sometimes.

:eyepatch: Lady Luck-not incriminated yet but to be honest...bad luck with strikers and last second goal vs.Lens could not happened. (I think staying in UEFA Cup would have forced us to different mercato strategy this winter and enhanced spirit of the team)...

So in my opinion we don't have only one wrongdoer in Samp this season...
And we have to remember that comming back to the top (from SerieB) is not so easy and not so fast. Humility is what we need. It is difficult as we all (me too!) expected much this season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts