Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Barcelona's looking very good. I don't know if anyone can stand against them if they play like this. Champions League for Barca this year? Quite possible.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
i have to agree this is one if the most amazing matches i have ever seen.
I bet anything, The Katalans are the champion this year.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
ITS OVER!! I havent seen a team play so well in years...

G

·
Absolutely fantastic! Indredible game. I think, if we (well, not me of course) keep on playing this well NO ONE can stop Barca from winning CL.

But, at the same time i´m amazed and very happy, i´m also very confused about this:

1-3, 0-3, 0-3, 0-3, 5-1!!! Where did the guys suddenly get the spirit from?

But, who cares now!! Let´s just be happy tonight!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yes it was amazing game, and captain Pep bravely asked before the game the supporters not to miss what he promised would be an historic night in the club's history , and said "We are not going to let this opportunity slip away from us.
"It's going to be a great game and we're going to win and we're going to go through to the semifinals. I'm convinced of it."
and yes it happened and was a great game..

Viva BARCA

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I think this is a perfect chance to remind everyone to never, NEVER, give up on this team. We are so good, we can win everything. Of course things go bad from time to time, but we must stay behind the team and push them towards bigger and better things. Let's hope this momentum carries into the liga and copa del rey.If you don't know by now, with this team, anything is possible.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well, I didn't get the score right, but... who cares?!?!?!??!?
Barsa gave Chelsea a "FIVER"!!!!!!
Who dared not to believe???
And La Liga and Copa del Rey aren't an illusion anymore, are they?
JUST BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

G

·
Quite simply the best match I have ever seen...certainly in my time being a football supporter. Barca were brilliant....why can't they play like that even half the time?
Everyone was brilliant except Hesp....give VG credit for bringing on Dani...what a master stroke....Reiziger was exceptional.
If we play like that...no one can stop us.

G

·
Best match Iv'e ever seen is a bit exaggerated, but what a fantastic performance by Barca, this was really a one-team show, a one-man show almost, Figo ripped Chelsea apart. Rivaldo was back to his best also, and Kluivert showed that he is truly a world-class no.9. That goal from Flo stunned me, but gladly Dani Garcia got Figo's free-kick. Wave after wave of attack was coming De goey's way, Chelsea were powerless, Barca absolutely ran them riot especially in the first-half. I'm aware Valencia have achieved something extraodinary this season in the CL, but at this form, Barca could rip them to shreds too.

G

·
Yeah, well played guys. I was watching the match with 2 Chelsea fans in London and even they agreed that they were outclassed and that Barcelona were amazing. Just one thing though, if u meet Manchester Utd in the final, make sure you destroy them...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
......This is one of the most awesome performances I've ever seen..This team showed that when they are in the right mood, no one can stop them. They have been in such terrible form lately, but I had a feeling we were going to see Barca at their best tonight. Simply awesome.....

Just one more thing. I believe the only team left that can stop Barca is Valencia, and they also qualified for the semis...

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Congrats guys. From a Chelsea and Valenica fan.

See you in the Semis.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

G

·
This is coming from a female Juve fan. I would just like to congratulate u for ur performance last night. I was hoping u would make it through, because frankly speaking the champions league needs teams like Barcelona, a great team worthy of at least a semi final spot.
I hope ur team continues to play like this, and hopefully in May they will be the eventual winners of this year's champions league

Viva Barca

p.s if u meet manure .....oops Man u , make sure u destroy them and show them which team is the better

G

·
Pep must be Barcelona's most Influencing player. He is back, Barac wins !!!???
He better be careful with injuries to prevent him from going to the Euro.Unfornuted to miss out wc98.

Good match on the whole.But the defence is still having some problems!!!

But Valencia is more technically superior than Chelsea!!!

G

·
Pep must be Barcelona's most Influencing player. He is back, Barac wins !!!???
He better be careful with injuries to prevent him from going to the Euro.Unfornuted to miss out wc98.

Good match on the whole.But the defence is still having some problems!!!

But Valencia is more technically superior than Chelsea!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
it is a great match. it is Figo who destroyed chelsea's defence and their moral.
could not see chelsea's counter attack.
wishes

·
Registered
138 Posts
:) !!OH WHAT A NIGHT!! :)

FC Barcelona played nearly perfectly tonight! Everbody (except for Hesp - he made one big mistake, but also saved our a$$es with some great saves later) was 100% concentrated. Figo was brilliant, Kluivert outstanding. Even our defense was nearly perfect - Puyol had a great match, together with Reiziger and Frank de Boer.
But I think the three best players were Figo, Guardiola (his return was crucial for the victory) and Gabri, who had an outstanding match!

!!Visca el Barça!!

[This message has been edited by Funari (edited 19-04-2000).]

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
CONGRATS BARCA.

Barca on song is a treat to watch and nearly unbeatable. IF however so much revolves around Guardiola's presence I would deem that as a problem. Just the same- when he's there- everything runs like clockwork.
Figo is an alltime favourite of mine, Rivaldo was not as dominant as has been seen before, but still an imposing figure. Kluivert... this man makes everything look easy. AWESOME technique for a man of his size. What a game he had. I litteraly jumped when he scored 'cause he really deserved that. Did You see the flick-on for Gabri? Art!!!

Generally Barca were SO good that it was almost scary, and they have now established themselves as favourits for the CL, but You all know how lethal Valencia can be on the break. As far as I remember Barca played another cracker against them recently (3-0 ?), but Lopez, Gerrard, Mendieta and the rest of the "pace boys" needs just a blink of an eye. Thriller ahead.

Ciao.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts