Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can liverpool make it once again dis year??

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I think we will... (forever the optimist)

Big game against Everton at weekend, if we lose it's over, if we win we've got to hope Everton drop more points thoughout the season (which I think they will, tough fixtures left)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
FiveMagics said:
They wont even hold on to the uefa cup place :howler:
oh hillarious :rollani:

we don't have a sence of humour in the Liverpool forum so I think your comedy genious is best served in the ManUre forum.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the times running up for liverpool.......they cant even make use of blackburn's game...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
FiveMagics said:
They wont even hold on to the uefa cup place :howler:
Its interesting on how close the league has become - Liverpool could well end up in 8th place by kick off on Sunday, with middlesbourgh not far behind either, looks like it'll all be down to the derby, though the Liverpool-Bolton match on April the 2nd could well be vital as well.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
Its interesting on how close the league has become - Liverpool could well end up in 8th place by kick off on Sunday, with middlesbourgh not far behind either, looks like it'll all be down to the derby, though the Liverpool-Bolton match on April the 2nd could well be vital as well.
I think every match is vital. If we beat you I think it might go right down to the wire. That's why it's nice that we've played attractive football this season and so have a decent goal difference compared to yours.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
I think we will... (forever the optimist)

Big game against Everton at weekend, if we lose it's over, if we win we've got to hope Everton drop more points thoughout the season (which I think they will, tough fixtures left)
Actually you have the tougher schedule. You keep adding matches in the CL you will not catch us reguardless of what happens on Sunday. So you can bet I will be rooting for you in the next round. :)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
It would be great if Everon finished 4th and we win the Champions League. I can see their faces.
I dont know about everyone else but I can live with that. Im not sure about the Man U and Arsenal fans though. :notlist:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Actually you have the tougher schedule. You keep adding matches in the CL you will not catch us reguardless of what happens on Sunday. So you can bet I will be rooting for you in the next round. :)
Think thats a tad far fetched, We are used to having a packed schedule at the end of the season with Champs league/UEFA Cup, FA Cup and the League.Doing well in the Champs league only brings confidence and momentum in the long run imo.When it comes down to it, our league fixtures and your league fixtures.Ours is easier on paper, but that could count for nothing with this unpredictable side.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fezbone84 said:
yes..you'll never walk alone...Liverpool will join Chelsea, MU and Arsenal in CL next season...

ya you are rite dear......

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Away from Anfield I'd agree bar perhaps the Fulham game. Whereas Everton have played attractive 1-0 football all season :rollani:

·
Registered
204 Posts
In which games exactly have you played "attractive football"? Is there a European place for these things now? Get a grip lad.

You lot are always going on about being the greatest club in the world and it is cracking the rest of us up (after spending over £100 MILLION in the last few years) how desperate you are to overhaul your poor neighbours, in order to be the 4th best team in England..

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Fish said:
In which games exactly have you played "attractive football"? Is there a European place for these things now? Get a grip lad.

You lot are always going on about being the greatest club in the world and it is cracking the rest of us up (after spending over £100 MILLION in the last few years) how desperate you are to overhaul your poor neighbours, in order to be the 4th best team in England..
When have you ever played attractive football?

Face it even if you do get fourth you probably wont even get through the qualifying stages of the Champions League, it would be a waste giving the 4th CL spot to you.

You're a very bitter man/boy? btw

·
Registered
604 Posts
Fieldys Review

LVERPOOL - NO CHANCE

why would gerrard want to stay to play in the uefa cup and also not being the best side in merseyside

·
Registered
204 Posts
SM, when did I say that we played attractive football? I didn't. I don't give a toss what kind of football Everton play. I'd prefer attractive football, obviously, but seeing as how Moyes had a a fraction - literally - of the transfer money available to Houllier and Benitez, I'm content that we are showing you lot up.

I'm not bitter. What have I got to be bitter about? I love Everton. I love seeing us beat the teams that 'bigger' clubs EXPECT to beat. That still has meaning for us Evertonians. If you beat Portsmouth, you just sigh and reflect 'well, we expected that', but we don't because we have been rubbish and winning in any fashion means a lot to us. And you'll never have that, and I pity you. Oh, and you didn't beat Portsmouth did you. And that is because regardless of Sunday's result, you have the worst Liverpool team I can ever remember seeing right now.

And if we do finish 4th, so what? I didn't expect us to finish in the top half of the table. We were favourites to go down! 17th was the highest prediction I saw pre-season for Everton, so whatever happens in the next few months, we can reflect that this season has been great already, giving us more than most of the last 10 seasons, so I don't care. I'd prefer to finish above Liverpool so I can lord it over my mates and family, but, I'm not going to cry if we don't. Whatever happens, I think Moyes deserves manager of the season for what Everton have achieved this season, and deep down, you know you'd swap Benitez for him any day, because I reckon the (cough) Rafalution (cringe) would have been over a few months back had you not still been in the CL.

Back to your lives citizens...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Owzat said:
Away from Anfield I'd agree bar perhaps the Fulham game. Whereas Everton have played attractive 1-0 football all season :rollani:
Yeah I agree, against Aston Villa, we did only win against them 3-1 :rollani:

1 - 20 of 229 Posts