Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing throug the Funny Thread and I found this true perla and I thought it to be a crime to be laying dormant in the middle of total oblivion. It truly deserves a thread of its own as it is truly remarkable on top of being reminiscing us of memorable events of the past few decades. Enjoy!:cool:

Diavolo said:
Forty years ago, Football was Inter. "La Grande Inter", of legendary players such as Mazzola, Suarez, Corso and Picchi dominated football grounds across Italy, Europe and the rest of the World, still today our cousins (especially the aged ones) remember that team with tears pouring down their cheeks. We were in deep Beatlesmania, ever since major events have made history (I wont add tragic events, such as wars, cause we are talking about football). Whitch ones in members opinion are worth mentioning. I'll start with a few

Man on the moon, Colour TV, Computers, Woodstock, USSR no longer exists, The dark side of the moon, Euro, Milan in serie B twice, Reaganism, Monica Lewinsky, Internet, Xtratime, Charles Bukowski death (very personal), Gorbaciov, Cassius Clay, Chicago Bulls, Massimo Moratti buys Inter, Inter wins it's last Scudetto (1989), Watergate, Milan wins further 5 CL for a total of 6, Nike , Cheap Charter flights, Mobile phones, CD,..............................................................................................................................................

Feel free to add
Let me give my humble contribution to this tremendous idea!:thmbup:

Electronic/information age, metrosexuals :D, gay marriages being legalized :googly:, Ben Laden :boxing: , Dubbya :jester:, Greece Euro Champs :lala::googly:, Britney Spears :groan:, Rocco Siffredi :D, Gaucci :jester: , Owen Ballon d'Or :wth:, Milan wins # 17 :stuckup:, Robby Baggio :heart: retiring :depress: last time Inter won the CL, posts were square and ref's were wearing jackets, :jester:, globalisation :googly:, Birra Moretti, ;) etc...

To be continued...;) Feel free to add to it ladies...:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Mary Quant intoduces the mini-skirt back in 1966 :lick: :cool: :lick:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
'64 - '89 Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

Wheel of Fortune , Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore!

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning.
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
It will still burn on, and on, and on, and on...

Billy Joel lyrics for Inter ... :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
1967 :shades:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts