Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep... Four past and present referees arrested for alleged involvement in game-rigging betting ring. The 4 names are Savi Alnekave who retired 2 seasons ago, present Liga Leumit referee Barik Tahsin, and past referees Moshe Atias and Haim Mirovkey. I have no further details on the investigation but for those who remember, the first publish was made by Niv Raskin half a year ago. Seems like there was fire where there smoke afterall...

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There probaly some senior ref's that were involved.

I hope that the police will arrest them.

(I have one suspect :fero: )

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Kappa18 said:
I heard they're all corrupted :D

We should punish them

How far does Toto and 2x1 go to?? only liga a'hal and leumit?
:) :) :)

It's not toto it's some illegal gambleing

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. The bets: Apparently, some of the bets were about various trivial issues, such as in what minute the ref will show a red cad, which team is going to win a penalty, what minute this team is going to score, how many goals will there be in this match and so forth...

2. Barik Tahsin was the referee of a Liga Artzit game thisS aturday, between top club Maccabi Sha'arayim and bottom club Kfar Shalem. Sha'arayim was undefeated at home until this game, but lost 3:1 and had a player sent off. Before the match, one of Sha'arayim's players told the management they should ask to disqualify this referee 'because he is a gambler'. The player refused to tell his source.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
It seems that the Ligat Al will be frozen, and there were suggestion to freeze all of the leagues. Unfortunately, it seems that it will stay like that... We need to clean up the whole damn system.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So wait a moment here!?!?!

If they freeze all the Leauges does that mean there will be no Promotion in all the top leauges as well as the regional ones as well?!?!??!!? :(

Gavri must Resign!!!!!! Bastard!!!:fero: :fero:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
If all the leagues freeze it means that no one gets relegated and no one gets promoted, yes. That also means that Bet Shean stays :depress: .

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If Hapoel Beit Shean is still in! :) this is good news....

possibly by the end of the season we can see Hapoel making a triumphant return back into Liga A'hal!!

YALLA BEIT SHEAN!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually they'll take use of the situation to expend the league so the relegation are to be freeze not promotions.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rozen stunned as bribery refs are held / www.onefootball.com

Monday 6th May 2002

The chairman of the Israeli Football Association's Referee's Committee, Zvi Rozen, has expressed his dismay after four referees arrested for alleged bribery had their remand extended.

The scandal came to light last November when allegations were made that referees in the top three divisions were involved in illegal gambling relating to matches with sums of £3,000 thought to have changed hands.

While Rozen was shocked by the latest action to be taken, the head of Intelligence division of the police, Moshe Levin, insisted there was more to come.

"We have been investigating this matter for the last four months and this is only the tip of an iceberg," he said.

The four referees in question have had their period of detention extended by between two and three days.

----------------------------

As said, there will be further arrests of some 'big names' amongst the Israeli referees, and this can of worms was described by Yedioth as the worst case in the history of Israeli sport. :(

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Johana Chibotaro arrested this morning.

Chibotaro is senior referre.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Yochanan Chibortero has been a Liga Al ref in the last 2 seasons. However he did have several decisions in games that he seemed to be favoring one team over another. Chibortero is the first major active referee to be arrested.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now they point out specific games that were rigged, and named 3 matches from the 1998/99 season:

Code:
Hapoel Ironi Rishon-Lezion - Hapoel Tel-Aviv            3-7
Rafi Cohen (42, 46)                    Salim Tuama (21)
Nisan Kapeta (55 pen)                  Asi Tubi (34, 60, 67)
                                       Eyal Ben-Ami (37)
                                       Shimon Gershon (51)
                                       Shalom Tikva (80)

Hapoel Jerusalem           - Maccabi Ironi Ashdod       4-2
Victor Pacha (11, 50)                  Amir Turjeman (10)
Tomer Azulay (45)                      Alberto Naveda (18)
Josef Kostelnik (90)

Hapoel Jerusalem           - Maccabi Ironi Ashdod       4-2
Victor Pacha (11, 50)                  Amir Turjeman (10)
Tomer Azulay (45)                      Alberto Naveda (18)
Josef Kostelnik (90)
Basically, those 3 matches were rigged by awarding imagionary penalties, showing red cards and etc. In the Ashdod - Bney Yehuda game for instance, Alnekave showed 7 yellow cards alltogether and 3 red cards to Bney Yehuda players! Apart from that, he awarded Ashdod a penalty-kick which was re-taken was it wasn't 'taken properly'.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
National League referee Yariv Ma'atuk became the sixth soccer official to be hauled in for questioning by the police yesterday as a part of the match fixing investigation which has thrown the game here into turmoil.

Ma'atuk, 28, of Ashdod, has not officiated in any fixture for the past six months. He is the first official involved in the affair not from the northern sector. He had officiated in the lower divisions recently and his name came to light in a National League match between Hapoel Kfar Sava and Hapoel Ramat Gan where he awarded lowly Ramat Gan two penalties against the most dominant outfit in the league this season.

Former referee Sabi Elnekaveh, who is now retired, and linesman Bari Tahsin, who were arrested on Monday, had their remand extended by another threee days yesterday. Elnekaveh is suspected of having fixed the results of matches in 1998.

Officers at the police's international serious crimes unit which is in charge of the investigation, said yesterday that the way in which the referees operated was by awarding penalties, or red or yellow cards, and even calling a halt to games.

Elnekaveh is suspected of having shown three red cards to Bnei Yehuda players in their game against Ashdod SC in September 1998. He also issued seven yellow cards in that game and ordered a penalty to be re-taken which was converted for a goal against Bnei Yehuda. There were similar incidences in two other games in which he officiated.

Several referees expressed their dissatisfaction yesterday with the way in which the referees' association has handled the affair, saying that seeing colleagues in court with handcuffs on made it difficult for them to do their jobs as normal.

Professional committee chairman Zvi Rosen said that any referee who felt he was not able to officiate would not be forced into doing so and association chairman Arie Zeiff tried to allay fears at an emergency news conference yesterday by saying that the organization had turned to the police. "We have done everything. We asked the police to investigate the affair," he said.

IFA chairman Gavri Levy also said that matters would be looked at very seriously. "We are the only sports association which works constantly with an investigating team," he said.

Zeiff said that referees would undergo "reliability tests" although he said that the tests had still to be devised.

From www.haaretzdaily.com

·
International
6,724 Posts
Ref admission casts shadow on Israeli game

From Onefootball
------------------------------------

One of the referees at the centre of Israel's match-fixing scandal has admitted to gambling on sports whilst still an active linesman. "I managed to make some sort of profit," Haim Mirovski admitted after police questioned former Ahi Nazareth chairman Bassam Suliman.

Police had decided that the three referees who were arrested last week - Sabi Elnekave, Mirovski and Moshe Atias - would be placed under house arrest, thought they allowed the two other referees who had their remand extended before the weekend - Barik Tachsin and Yariv Ma'atuk - to be released under similar conditions.

Yochanan Chiboteru is the only referee languishing behind bars.

But Mirovski, who has retired from officiating in the last three years, told Army Radio on Sunday that had taken part in illegal sports gambling.

"I also used to gamble on the Toto (legalised gambling) and managed to make some sort of profit at the time. In my investigation I provided the police with my bank details to prove that I didn't receive any further income," Mirovski said.

The match-fixing scandal took another twist on Sunday when a former chairman of a second division club was question by police. Bassam Suliman, who was Ahi Nazareth's chairman until last season as well as being a member of the IFA management committee, became the first functionary to be questioned on the matter.

Suliman, a 46-year old school principal of 'Amal' Tamrah, received a call to his office in which he was asked to arrive in Petah Tikva for questioning. Suliman was interrogated by the International Serious Crime Unit for an hour before being released to his home and ordered not to leave the country during the next six months.

After his ordeal, Suliman told reporters: "I co-operated with the police and answered every question I was asked. The fact that I was released shortly after proves that I'm clean."

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Uri Biton arrested today.

Biton is a Liga Artzit ref.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I heard something about Ahi Nazareth owner or staff members being questioned by police...

possibly this issue may have gotten to the Liga Leumit as well...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts