Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
It's very hard to tell if they can handle another game physically. It would be ideal to use a similar line up. Montenegro should face similar problems, I don't think they have much to choose from.

But we struggle physically and it will show if we can't keep up. If Edi makes changes that should be the reason

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Yeah, Marius Marin is too important, same for Ratiu. For Puscas we don't have an alternative. Cicaldau I'd rather start, and Olaru had physical problems.

The good news is that some players are confirming, the bad one is that it shows when they are absent

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
GSP with a slight update. And remember they actually got it right last time:

România: Fl. Niță - Rațiu, Chiricheș, Burcă, Bancu - R. Marin, M. Marin, Al. Maxim - Sorescu, G. Pușcaș, Mihăilă

This is basically the team I'd use (although Olaru, Cic & Rus could also be starters)

I checked and you are right, they got the line up last time. But yesterday they had Ivan as starter today so we'll see

That line up wouldn't be bad. Maxim has to step up if he plays, he has dissapointed too many times. If Olaru doesn't start it must be fitness problems, he was important against Finland

Once again we face an important game. If they step up today they can correct many of the previous problems and get in a good position in this group and face the september games with confidence. But it can easily be another mental and physical collapse that further sinks us, specially after such a string of games

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
It's strange if he uses Stefanescu on the right. But it seems like it. I don't think he'd change the system aswell

Sad that Ratiu can't start. The good thing is that there are alternatives on the bench

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Maxim has been terrible, awful for the NT. Loosing balls like an amateur. R. Marin dissapointing aswell, until that late action

Once again we didn't have the necessary intensity amd we allow them to become confident. Second half will be a nightmare eith them wasting time and we getting desperate

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Firing Edi won't do anything. He is one of the best coaches available. Reghe who just failed in Liga I? What would be different. We are very wrong if we think the coach is the problem

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I know it's not gonna solve anything...but keeping him is the same result so I'd rather try somebody else. Has anybody done worse than him in the past 10 years which were horrible?! Daum maybe....this is Lithuania 3:0 Romania again...getting rid of him will probably solve nothing, keeping him will definitely not solve anything.

Is him the problem? Radoi is our best option and he got humilliated aswell. Changing coaches every 5 minutes will only add desperation.

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Of course Edi has to go. There can't be a discussion about this. I'm 100% conservative about the coach thing, but if you fail in a group like this, bullied by Montenegro, you, as the coach, are the responsible. Edi brought nothing good, a bad atmosphere with angry players, a poor game and even poorer results.
And it was said he wouldn't continue if he didn't end top 2 in Nations League.

And then we'll talk about the players.
What did he do wrong that you can't be certain abother coach wouldn't?

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I have a better question: what did he do right?

There's never certainty in life/sports but keeping him won't do anything good...how? What has he shown? Playing Cretu and then send him home?!
That's the thing. If we are not sure what has he done wrong then we are being inmature, just looking for scapegoats. Chiriches, Iordanescu. I think Edi is a serious coach and you can't do much in a few games. I don't see any serious coaches around, it can be much worse

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Greece home 0:1, Israel away 2:2, Montenegro away 2:0, Bosnia away 1:0, Finland home 1:0, Montenegro home 0:3

I've seen 4 out of these 6 games and we showed zero, absolutely nothing, no plan, only 1 "good" result against a very average team.

You have been saying we make no progress and play nothing for as long as I can remember. What coach showed progress or a gameplan?

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Let's assume you're right. What's the solution?
A plan must come from above, of course. Players and coaches are the last brick of the wall

Our players can improve their situation, as long as they are subs or play badly, get injured easily and/or have terrible mentality it's a huge problem for any coach to do something.

But our coaches are far worse. They don't succeed anywhere outside of arabia. Who can change this?

@NoName. I'm sure Radoi got a lot of criticism in this forum and we are the most positive you can get in Ro Football. But he is gone, so no longer an option. Anything bad one can say about our players I can double it about our coaches. Cowards, no knowledge, no spirit to try on a serious level

R. Lucescu back would be a miracle. But he refused aswell

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
1. Stoichita out, and all those of the technical comission. They are a disaster.

2. Edi out. 6 matches and the team looks worse than under Radoi.

3. A little revolution is needed in the team. Chiriches can't be the leader of this group. Razvan Marin can't either.
Stanciu, Ianis and Man are needed. A different way of selection is needed.

Yeah, Stoichita and that comission is a disaster. Burleanu must respond for this aswell

I agree about Man, Ianis. Stanciu made his choice and as much as we need him playing in China it's hard for him to be useful. Ianis won't be back for a while, that hurt us a lot but there's no way to tell when he'll be on good form again

Mihaila need to be playing. Dobre, Boloca, maybe Dragus can help improve things a bit

Maxim needs to go. Huge dissapointment. We can get rid of many but the ones we can count on are the problem

Nita, Ratiu, Rus, Burca, Olaru, M. Marin, Cicaldau, Puscas.
R. Marin is a shadow of himself but we still need him. Not many more. Some others that are just fine

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I wasn't calling for Radoi to come back (how? why? I understand reality)....but you asked me who was better. I have never talked this badly about Radoi than I have about many other coaches.

I'm not even sure M Lucescu could save us. The problem is bigger than the coach obviously, but that doesn't mean Edi can stay after all this. He made zero arguments for his position.

Chiriches is past it...he was heavily involved in both goals against Montenegro away.
Chiriches messed up and he also played very well on 2 of the 4 games. But he is still a Serie A player. We can get rid of him and use players from Liga I or Húngary instead, but until we see them perform I'm skeptic Chiriches was our problem

About Radoi, IMO he is a "star" of a coach compared to the rest of what we have. Still, he made huge mistakes, his defence was terrible for half his mandate (we allowed way more chances than in these 6 games from Edi). It improved last year, but offensive problems got more evident. What is clear to me is that no other coach comes close to Radoi, so the NT under them can be much worse. The level we saw in most part of these games

And we did see good moments with Edi. A great first half against Israel, ok against Greece on the second half and against Finland, specially the first half. Some good momwnts against Bosnia aswell. For our level of course. So I would have some hope that he can improve if he wasn't in the most toxic atmosphere you can get and with such problems to find decent players

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I don't think opinions at this moment are very valid. We are hurt by what we are seeing and living

In some months we'll see what players and in what situation we can count on

Regarding Stanciu, the travel hours are a problem, and that's considering the chinese have tuned down their sanitary dictatorship by then, cause otherwise it's impossible. I recall Brazil calling players from China so it can't be out of the picture

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I thought Romanian youngsters are still being scooped up by Serie A and other big league clubs. Like from the U21 team.
Yeah, that is true. Talentwise there is still material. But as NoName said, they rarely confirm. Ianis Hagi is one of the exceptions, so far at least

How did you turn around your situation? Those results are incredible

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
You may not like the answer because part of it is naturalizing players with Hungarian ancestors - like Callum Styles or Willi Orbán, both world class players in my book.

Another thing I noticed is that the shaft of our team - the 3 Leipzig legionnaires - brought some sort of superior "world star" confidence that had the following effect:

-earlier the NT couldn't even live up to its own expectations, we lost to teams worse than us because everyone had to bear the unbearable pressure of the Magical Magyars past - Hidegkuti Puskás etc. Plus a lot of tax money went into development and stadiums so more pressure
-but the players like Sallai and Szoboszlai who developed abroad simply didn't care about that (same goes for Orbán, Styles, Szalai Attila), they just wanted to be the best and so this immense pressure evaporated within a year

Also, Rossi changed things up after the Wales game, he keeps saying stuff like "only winning mentality from now on, winning type players". It's funny because the vast majority of the squad remained.

Something like that. I'm not even saying I understand perfectly what happened cus obviously I don't.

Something obviously changed in the players' head. They went from "we try to lose by as few goals as possible" to "We dare you to attack us with all you got, we gonna kill you off with counterattacks and if you don't attack, WE WILL and you will regret it". That's what I pick up at least from body language (I studied commumication).

Fun fact: even the German NT has players who could have chosen Hungary ie. Niklas Süle (Süle Miklós) or Márton Dárdai.

Interesting. Most of it sounds a lot like the problem we have. Mentality, confidence and the pressure of past glories. No player that can take pressure from the rest like Húngary seems to be doing

Regarding naturalizing players, it's already happening with players raised abroad. BTW I noticed that even qhen you have important players abroad local players were still important part of these games. That's very interesting aswell

I remember how you guys made fun of your own team not so long ago, exactly what most people is doing with ours right now. Certainly a deserved come back for you after a lot of suffering

1 - 20 of 20 Posts