Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday, 14 June. 21:45.

Giulesti stadium

Absolutely forced to win.

Bosnia 5
Finland 4
Montenegro 4
Romania 3

Head to Head: 6 matches, 2 Romania wins, 2 draws, 2 Montenegro wins.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Yeah we need to win.

Nita -- Ratiu, Chiriches, Burca (Rus), Bancu -- Marin (Olaru), Marin -- Sorescu, Cicaldau (Maxim), Mihaila -- Puscas

Assuming no physical problems...

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
It's very hard to tell if they can handle another game physically. It would be ideal to use a similar line up. Montenegro should face similar problems, I don't think they have much to choose from.

But we struggle physically and it will show if we can't keep up. If Edi makes changes that should be the reason

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Marusic won't join the squad. So yeah, they're suffering.

I get if Chiriches and maybe Burca, M. Marin, Cicaldau, Puscas are tired but the rest should be ready.

Rus, Maxim, Fl. Tanase could well start. M. Marin we'll have to force though.

From GSP:

Font Terrestrial plant Electric blue Pattern Screenshot

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Yeah, Marius Marin is too important, same for Ratiu. For Puscas we don't have an alternative. Cicaldau I'd rather start, and Olaru had physical problems.

The good news is that some players are confirming, the bad one is that it shows when they are absent

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
I'm pretty sure Chiriches can't do a full 90 minutes but I assume he'll still start. Replaced by Burca (or Rus) at HT.

I'd force M. Marin, Ratiu and Bancu.

Olaru might not be fit enough, so R. Marin and Max or Cic will probably start.

We do have an alternative for Puscas: Fl. Tanase. Not a good one. Or Ivan. Even worse.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I'm so glad M.Marin and Ratiu are getting credit. They have been our best players since they came to the NT.
TBH the loss of Tatarusanu has been really hurting us too. Nita doesn't command the backline the way that Tata did.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
GSP with a slight update. And remember they actually got it right last time:

România: Fl. Niță - Rațiu, Chiricheș, Burcă, Bancu - R. Marin, M. Marin, Al. Maxim - Sorescu, G. Pușcaș, Mihăilă

This is basically the team I'd use (although Olaru, Cic & Rus could also be starters)

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
GSP with a slight update. And remember they actually got it right last time:

România: Fl. Niță - Rațiu, Chiricheș, Burcă, Bancu - R. Marin, M. Marin, Al. Maxim - Sorescu, G. Pușcaș, Mihăilă

This is basically the team I'd use (although Olaru, Cic & Rus could also be starters)

I checked and you are right, they got the line up last time. But yesterday they had Ivan as starter today so we'll see

That line up wouldn't be bad. Maxim has to step up if he plays, he has dissapointed too many times. If Olaru doesn't start it must be fitness problems, he was important against Finland

Once again we face an important game. If they step up today they can correct many of the previous problems and get in a good position in this group and face the september games with confidence. But it can easily be another mental and physical collapse that further sinks us, specially after such a string of games

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Nita - Manea, Chiriches, Burca, Bancu - Marin, Marin, Maxim - Stefanescu???, Puscas, Mihaila

Maybe it's a different formation, like a 4-4-2. Not sure who's RW in this one.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
It's strange if he uses Stefanescu on the right. But it seems like it. I don't think he'd change the system aswell

Sad that Ratiu can't start. The good thing is that there are alternatives on the bench

1 - 20 of 115 Posts