Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's abit premature. But what should we play against Czech/Turkey? 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

Both formations have there pros and cons. Playing a 4-4-2, shows we are taking the game to the opponent and are confident in our midfield of 4 to dictate the terms, which we couldn't we against Austria, but we will have more options up front...In this formation, Kranjcar is pretty useless at LM and doesn't give barely any support to Pranjic, which is a worry. Or. We play 4-2-3-1, and which is more conservative, add the extra man in the midfield, Rakitic, in order to get ahold of the tight midfield. Play Kranjcar in the middle where he belongs, but consequently leaving Olic more isolated up front (and fact is Olic would NOT have scored if it wasn't for that divine piece of luck he got).

I think we will play, the same formation against the German's, but Slaven has used the 4-4-2 basically everytime, we have played. And it's fair to say German's are stronger then both of out possible oppenents. But, can we drop Raketa? who was brilliant.

·
Registered
235 Posts
4-2-3-1

It is not a defensive formation. We are not playing Vukojevic instead of Petric. It is a very attacking formation. Olic set up Kranjcar beautifully twice, only for him to hit it into Row Z then Lehmann's chest. Raketa played tremendously well. It does not matter what our formation shows, it matters what it does. Without Eduardo, we need the extra man in mid.

Klagenfurt is the best we have played since Wembley. Let us hope Bilic sticks with that winning formula.

The Dutch are playing 4-2-3-1, with Kuyt, Schneider and van der Vaart playing behind van Nistelrooy. Granted, Olic is no van Nistelrooy, but he runs like a mad man and is the form of his career. It is not as though Modric is defensive either.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The tinkering that Bilic made in the line up against Germany was spot on.

I'm hoping for the same against the Turks... they play rough and tumble with less skill... our mids should be able to control that game. We will have many chances hope we can finish them.

Krunchie is due for a nice goal! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
The tinkering that Bilic made in the line up against Germany was spot on.

I'm hoping for the same against the Turks... they play rough and tumble with less skill... our mids should be able to control that game. We will have many chances hope we can finish them.

Krunchie is due for a nice goal! :thumbsup:
I think its a must that we take advantage of as many chances as we can...I also think we need to do exactly what we did against the German's and that is play an attacking style of game without comprimising the defense, which we've been able to do. as crazy as this sounds, I think in a game like this Olic could thrive because his running around will drive the Turkish defenders batty.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
No team in this tournament can say they have 3 natural play makers in the starting XI, I said we should go with a 4-2-3-1 before the tournament and lucky Bilic listened to me.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
judging by your avatar, you were spot on!! :pp

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If I was Bilic, I would have Klasnic starting as the "1". Then I would bring in Olic after an hour-75 minutes. I wish we had done this in the Germany game..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts