Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alberto Zaccheroni has admitted that he could consider using a 4-4-2 system in order to field Christian Vieri and Adriano simultaneously.

Zac is a disciple of the 3-4-3 formation but that usually consists of fielding just one central striker and not two.

"It will be difficult to get either Vieri or Adriano to play in a wide position," admitted the tactician.

"I’m looking to find a solution but it is something that needs to be assessed carefully as I need to get the best out of them both.

"Could I use a 4-4-2? Well that is a possibility if I feel that it will be an advantage to us. Even if I do have my doubts."

Adriano was signed last week from Parma and there are fears that the two players can’t co-exist in the same side.

However, Zac seems more keen to collect a victory against Siena at the weekend after a bad run of results.

"Our squad and club are very compact right now," added the former Milan Coach. "It is important to stay close to each other in difficult times.

"I spent Monday at the club’s headquarters where I met with President Facchetti, Moretti and Branca.

"We spoke at length about the situation and made sure we agreed on what path we were taking."

Inter are currently fourth in the table but a massive 11 points behind leaders Roma. That could increase to 13 if Milan beat Siena tonight to go top of the table.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a bad idea... but other than 4-4-2... he can also have a 3-5-2 to think about. If the idea of 4-4-2 is there, we can save kily from moving to spain again.. I just love Kily running down the left side, shooting and crossing with his left.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
very interesting indeed ...

-----toldo
j.zanetti---canna/mater--cordoba---???
VDM----c.zanetti/almeyda/farinos---emre---KILYYYY
----------------adriano---vieri/cruz/recoba/martins

a lot of options up front ... but a very good line-up

we just are lacking our LB ...

our we get our #10 (not adriano though ;) ) then i think we can move back to a 3-4-3 ... :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
i don't really like 442 with the players Inter have, coz it will all end up like the past two years ... with 442 we need a good passer in the center, which we don't have. The main reason why Inter never played good in the past two years IMO is Emre being the playmaker, IMO he is'nt the type of a player that directs the midfield (tugay does that job with the NT not Emre). For this reason i believe Inter will never be able to play as a team until they buy a director kind of a player, be it the type that does his work infront of the defence (Pirlo, Tugay, Xabi) or the type that plays behind the forwards (Aimar, zidane, Rui Costa).

So since Emre is a starter then i say either 4312 Or 3412 Or 352 which ever way Inter will have to buy someone who can control the midfield.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its hard to say which is better. the 4-4-2 makes one of cannavaro, cordoba or matrix be on bench as JZ and coco take the full back positions. unless cordoba is played out of position at left back.

it does give VDM and Kily their wings which is a good thing. but as Mohaned said, the centre becomes a problem. emre is great, but he isnt a playmaker. CZ adds nothing offensively.

unless inter dip into the market again try to sign a player such as Ballack for midfield, then the 4-4-2 wont work as great.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If Inter were to switch to a 442 then first they must sell Emre, coz IMO in a flat 442 he just does'nt have a place. Then they can buy Pizzaro, Ballack, Veron or whoever !!

For me Emre is just to good to be sold thats why i dont want Inter to go back to a flat 442.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mohaned said:
If Inter were to switch to a 442 then first they must sell Emre, coz IMO in a flat 442 he just does'nt have a place. Then they can buy Pizzaro, Ballack, Veron or whoever !!

For me Emre is just to good to be sold thats why i dont want Inter to go back to a flat 442.
I disagree with you.
Emre does well in 4-4-2. The problem is C.Zanetti, not Emre. C.Zanetti is good defensively but bad offensively.

Anyway, I prefer 4-3-3, rather than 4-4-2 (due to the arrivals of Stankovic and ??)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
pravesh hit the nail on the head, Emre isnt the problem, its CZ.

what about trying a diamond midfield with emre on the left as davids used to play at juve for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
CUG said:
pravesh hit the nail on the head, Emre isnt the problem, its CZ.

what about trying a diamond midfield with emre on the left as davids used to play at juve for quite some time.
;)

about the diamond one, I see the same 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 or whatever it's called. Something like this :

------------C.Zanetti--------
Stankovic-----------B.Emre
------------Pizarro/?---------

Whether it's Pizarro or Aimar or ??.
But the thing is we got a player - Van der Meyde, who's got talent and is good. So, I would be happy with flank forwards :

V.Meyde__Adriano__Recoba

OR

V.Meyde__Adriano__Martins

OR

V.Meyde____Aimar_
______Adriano___

I mean, why waste yet another talent ??

We could have something like this (without Vieri):

ADRIANO
MARTINS
V.MEYDE
FADIGA / AIMAR / DALMAT / CRUZ -----> (3 players from that)

:confused: :) ;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Emre on the left of a diamond 4 man midfield would be perfect for him ... don't forget this is the exact position that he plays at when with the NT.

As for CZ being the problem in a flat 442, well i dont think so ... CZ is the DM he the players the sits back and protects the back line. Emre is the one who is supposed take control of the midfield, and his in ability to play that role is why Inter failed with the 442 IMO.

To prove that all you have to do is look at examples of other teams who used the flat 442 with great results:

* Lazio 2000 - Almeyda was the DM, who is not much help in attack, while Veron controled the midfield. This is a perfect example since CZ and Almeyda are very similar.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A practise match with the youth team... It Does give us a clue

INTER (first half): Toldo , Cordoba , Cannavaro , Adani , J. Zanetti , Lamouchi , Kily Gonzalez , C.Zanetti , van der Meyde , Adriano , Vieri

Say 442

-----------------Toldo
JZ----Cnna----Adni---Crdba
VDM---Lmchi-----CZ-----Kly
---------Adno-----Bobo

or 352?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
where is he gonna get 4 good defenders in this injury epidemic we have.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The FIFA President said:
emre wasn't very good on the left, i don't think this will be a good solution.
don't know much about that, but last season against Milan, when we lost 0-1 (serie), Emre was the only player along with J.Zanetti (not sure if he played this game or not) who was so good......

Emre was played in the left wing that time...

But I am not saying play Emre in the left wing...it's actually not even his position.....he is good in centre....

I meant Emre in the left side in diamond midfield.....

;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
pravesh said:
don't know much about that, but last season against Milan, when we lost 0-1 (serie), Emre was the only player along with J.Zanetti (not sure if he played this game or not) who was so good......

Emre was played in the left wing that time...

But I am not saying play Emre in the left wing...it's actually not even his position.....he is good in centre....

I meant Emre in the left side in diamond midfield.....

;)
a diamond midfield is quite risky.
I think we need to establish what type of game we want to play.
If we want a wing based game, emre on the left wing is not going to work as well as someone like kily on the left.

But if we want play a more balanced game, and approach the opposition down the centre and the wings in equal strength, emre could cover the left side quite well.

How about this?

Toldo

Zanetti-Materazzi-Canna-Cordoba

Almeyda/C.Z/Emre

Van der Meyde Kily/Recoba

Emre/Recoba

Vieri/Adriano Martins/Cruz

Although i can almost guarantee Recoba will have some bad games.

If we have a solid back four, then the DM need not be a hardcore DM, and Emre can fill that position, and he has better passing than C.Zanetti

VDM On the right and Kily or Recoba on the left. I think we should start with Kily.

Player behind the front two could either be Recoba or Emre, if you go on the basis that the most creative player should play there. I think we could also have VDM here too..not too sure, but it could work?

Up front, i have opted to go for one slow powerhouse (Vieri/Cruz), and one RELATIVELY fast player. (Martins/Adriano)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now stankovic is in... many more options... 3-4-1-2?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Italia said:
now stankovic is in... many more options... 3-4-1-2?
or maybe 4-3-3...with brechet going to bolton (it might happen in summer) and coco never gets healthy, do we need a new left wing?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that we had seen Adriano's combination with Recoba. The possibility of having Recoba sitting on the bench is remote... some reports are suggesting Recoba behind the 2 of them. We seen 3-4-3 sometiimes 3-5-1-1 (kily deeper, Recoba alternating with Adriano) and its working fine.

To change the whole lineup just for BOBO (4-4-2) is ridiculous, as of now. changing it cuz of defender problems etc are inevitable. If the current systems are working well... just to fit Bobo in now will be messy. Also BObo is not the bench type, he cannot play as wing forward, where to place him then. People like Cruz, Martins, Recoba can play in 2 or 3 of the 3-men foward positions. Hope Zac will be strong on this one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe 352 is better,
Toldo
canna-mater-cordoba
-----Almeyda-CZ-----
VDM------------------Kily/Emre
----------Stankovic----
-------Adriano--Bobo---
Almeyda and CZ can protect each other,then if one lost the ball,the other would tackle it back.It'll be more safe I think.Stankovic would become another Nedvde I think,he is the organizer in Lazio,isn't he?
Emre would have less chance though,but his "rubbish"performance in the pass few games is unacceptable.He is young,maybe he would be the maker in a few years,but now,he should learn from others!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts