Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i still think 4-4-2 is more balanced...if the old adriano is back, there is no way we should sit him...it would be a waste...ibra is great...but i think it is better to have a natural goal scorer playing alongside with him...with ibra creating for him...Q and mancini on the wings crossing the ball...awesome... :cool:

so what u think is the best formation for INTER? what formation would u play in the CL?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Mourinho had a good partial answer:

"What's important for me is how we play, not our tactical system. Having an extra winger or two centre-forwards isn't important. I know that you talk a lot about tactics in Italy but this is too complicated for me. What's important is that the team plays well and improves match after match.

In our case, if the front line is RQ, Ibra, and Adriano, then the actual formation is one-wing/two-CF formation. If it's RQ, Ibra, and Mancini, then 4-3-3 with balanced wings. Whether it's listed as 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is up to the TV station and it has no importance, because in this case the players make up the formation naturally.

With Mancini, RQ, Adri, and Ibra, that's more like a 4-2-2(wide)-2. We shouldn't play this in CL knockout rounds because the midfield becomes too weak to hold the center unless we get a new midfielder that can hold possession well. 3 midfielders against tough teams, always. I'd play 4-3-3, with 1 winger and 2 CF's.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Mourinho has said that the formation is not important, its his philosphy that he needs to instill in the players, which determines how we play. As Talus said, its who is fielded which determines the way we play not how they are fielded.

Taking the recent Torino match as an example, we played Adri-Ibra-Mancini in attack, and we were labelled as playing a 4-3-3, which essentially means a centre forward and two wide men. That was far from the case, as we saw Mancini drift from flank to flank, and Adriano dropping deeper to retrieve the ball, and on occasions Ibra doing likewise.

·
Registered
62,707 Posts
Well, the one match where we played 442 is the one where we created the most (Catania) - may be it's because of the 2 wingers and 2 strikers, or because we were playing at home against a weaker opposition than Samp and Torino.. or a mix of both. But 3 central midfielders is what's the team been used to for a while now, and it makes it easier to fill spaces. We should use the 433 but alter it to a 442 during matches if in need, by taking out a CM and introducing a forward/winger in his place.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
442 again looking like the better option for Inter.

Ibra upfront looks much better when he has players around him where he can create a moment of magic rather than trying to take on 3/4 players when he hasnt got the burst of speed needed.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I think 442, 424, 4231 seems to be fitting.

2 central mids.

The rest attackers in front.

Ibrahimovic is a Starter for sure.
Adriano cant be left out. Unless he screws it up himself.
Quaresma is not going to see too much of the bench.
neither is Amantino.

Cruz, Crespo, Balotelli are waiting.

JimeGol and Figo arent far away

Obinna is knocking. JM used him, and probably Obinna impressed him in training. Apparently ahead of Crespo.

So, I think the mid 3 is reduced -1 for an attacker. Its only logical.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Our 4-2-4 has impressed in a few games but it has never been tested against a team with good ball possession.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
To me the formation does not matter. But Ibrahimovic cannot continue to play in the CF spot. I say give it to Balotelli or Adriano. Put Ibrahimovic on the wing, it won't matter cuz he'll come in the middle and be dangerous.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Why can't Zlatan play CF? To me, when you speak of the CF, as opposed to a striker, it's all about ball poaching and finishing inside the box. The issue is that right now...

Our best ball poacher: Zlatan
Our best finisher: Zlatan
Our best ball-header: Zlatan

·
Registered
17,597 Posts
I have little opposition to using a 4-2-4 but it will only work against weak teams. You can easily get killed if you play against a good counter.

And credit to Vieira because he made it work yesterday :rollani:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
He wastes too many chances. To me, the reason each game we played this year is characterized by millions of chances and few goals is b/c of him. He wastes too many. Our team has too good supporting characters for there to be such a low efficiency rate. I would prefer him on the wing forward role. I also prefer that one of Mancini and Quaresma plays, and that Balotelli or Adriano takes the CF spot.

·
Registered
17,597 Posts
When Mourinho has Adriano and Ibrahimovic available for 4-3-3 he puts Adrian on the side. This is a good indication. Ibra can go left and right, and he's amazing in the dribbles. Give him some time there and he will develop into a strong center forward. If he can't do it no one can.

Anyway, Adriano is playing great.

·
Registered
62,707 Posts
Nothing is set, even when Zlatan is CF on paper he drops a lot. Adriano always drops deep too, but now he drops and makes passes and crosses instead of drop and try to cut in and beat his man.

Anyway - I believe the 4231 which Aldo Serena suggested a couple of weeks or so ago is the best fit for this team. 442 for the home games against 'smaller' teams. 4231 is attacking but at the mean time midfield won't be thin.

·
Registered
33,714 Posts
Why can't Zlatan play CF? To me, when you speak of the CF, as opposed to a striker, it's all about ball poaching and finishing inside the box. The issue is that right now...

Our best ball poacher: Zlatan
Our best finisher: Zlatan
Our best ball-header: Zlatan
:eek:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Zlatan is our best finisher. For example, look at the backheel poached goal assisted by Adriano that day. Also, what about the close range goal against Parma on the last day assisted by Maicon?

The notion that Zlatan is a second striker is mainly from how he was played at this second season at Juve which does not represent all of his talent. He isn't the best finisher in the world, but who is in our squad? Crespo can't score for his life now. Cruz is 70% finished.

·
Registered
33,714 Posts
Adriano, Cruz and Balotelli are better finishers, imo.

Ibra does the impossible once in a while, but he tends to miss the sitters. See sunday's game.

·
Outstanding Post of the Year 2007
2,487 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts