Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I i were Camacho i would either exchange Urzaiz for Alfonso and Fran for Mendieta OR make a new 4-3-3.

Molina
Salgado-Hierro-Paco-Aranzabal(Or should Sergi be there?)
Etxeberria-Guardiola-Mendieta
Raul-Alfonso
Urzaiz

What do you think?

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well I will tell you what I would do and then I will tell you what Camacho will do (in all probilities).

First change is to change the goal keeper. Molina is the weaker of the three keepers in my opinion. I'd put Cañizares in there. Next I would sub Sergi into Aranzabal's spot. Aranzabal was way too static vs Norway, we had no depth vs Norway as all of our attacks came from the right. Now for our midfield we could do two things, we could leave Fran on the left (who still has quality in my opinion) and leave Exteberria on the right. My only change would be to put Mendieta in the center to replace Valeron (who has no business being on the national squad). Up front I would pair Raul with either Alfonso or Munitis (I prefer Munitis).

Another option would be to put Mendieta on the right to replace Exteberria, replace Fran with Munitis on the left, and then pair Guardiola with Helguera. Up front use Raul and Alfonso.

If using the first option (Fran, Mendieta, Guardiola, Exteberria) I would use Helguera in place of Paco. If using the second idea I would still use both Paco and Hierro. I think using Abelardo and Hierro in the center will make our central defense super slow.

After thinking it out I like my second option better. So here would be my team:

Cañizares
Salgado - Hierro - Paco - Sergi
Mendieta - Guardiola - Helguera - Munitis
Alfonso - Raul

·
Registered
526 Posts
So despite my opinions Camacho will obviously do something different. Here is Camacho's likely lineup:

Molina
Salgado - Hierro - Abelardo - Aranzabal
Exteberria - Guardiola - Valeron - Mendieta
Alfonso - Raul

I have several problems with this. First is that our central defense will be extremely slow. Any kind of speed by the opponents strikers will kill us. Second is that why Valeron and Exteberria (to a certain extent) is still in the lineup I have no idea. Camacho has this love affair with both players that is really killing our midfield. Both players should be benched and Valeron should never be allowed to be in the Spanish Nats ever again. Also I think Sergi (despite his rust) should be placed instead of Aranzabal. Well I just hope we don't get overrun again.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Camacho did exactly what you said , and i really cant get what you have against Valeron. Its strange that a player that is benched under Claudio Ranieri is a regular in a star-packed Spain...

But i like his confidence right now. In Spain he is another player! You could even call him a good playmaker!

You also express sypathies for Fran which in my opinion is a poor player. He rarely gets anything started and those runs along the edge can be done by anyone :)

And at last. Aranzabal is much larger then Sergi. That has helped him many times. Maybe Sergi has the Pace (Or maybe he hasnt, no matches for about three months!)

Real&Barcafan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts