1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From kataweb:

Calcio, Lazio: Zaccheroni prova nuovo modulo

Roma - (25 Gennaio 2002 13:57)
Lavoro prevalentemente atletico e partitella con sperimentazione di un nuovo modulo per la Lazio, che a Formello sta preparando la trasferta con il Torino. Zaccheroni, costretto a trovare nuove soluzioni e sconvolgere gli equilibri creati in questi mesi per i diversi infortuni, ha provato il modulo 4-2-3-1, con Giannichedda e Liverani davanti la difesa e tre centrocampisti offensivi dietro l'unica punta Lopez. Lavoro differenziato per Crespo e Favalli, mentre Nesta, così come preannunciato in questi giorni, si è allenato con il gruppo: crescono sempre di più le possibilità di vederlo con il Milan. Peruzzi ha avuto un piccolo problema al ginocchio destro che comunque non preclude la sua presenza domenica. Simone Inzaghi ha lavorato a parte e a mezzogiorno ha fatto un'ecografia che non ha evidenziato nulla di rilevante: l'infiammazione andata via, nessun gonfiore, domani mattina proverà nell'allenamento di rifinitura. (Spr)

----

Zaccheroni is trying a new line up, the 4-2-3-1, with Liverani and Giannichedda ahead of the defenders and behind three offensive midfielders. I guess the line up would be:

Peruzzi

Pancaro
Couto
Mihajlovic
Cesar

Giannichedda
Liverani

Poborsky
Fiore
Stankovic

Lòpez

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
well, i guess it makes sense at this point in time. Without Crespo upfront, midfield will have to make up for the lack of scoring capability.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nothing Wrong with that lineup.
When we won scudetto in 99/00 season, Eriksson sometimes use 4-5-1 formation, and it works. I hope the same good result with this "Zac's 4-3-2-1".

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
It Looks Feasible

Hey, looks very clever to me. The problem might be Mihajlovic having to cover for Cesar's moves forward; Miha may lack the speed necessary, even with Liverani's aid. But Zaccheroni is clearly making the best with what he's got. I like that attitude in a manager. :)

When does Nesta return? Without Stam and Nesta, the defense may be a problem. Which is, of course, the whole principle that led to the 4-man defense. I don't like Stankovic very much, though; but I guess it's what's available.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I personally think Piojo is too small to play alone up front. Unless of course you opt for a tottaly counter attacking system.

I think Lazio would be better of using someone out of position as forward than playing Lopez alone. I reckon Stankovic or Fiore could manage that role.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
How would you set up the midfield then, with Stankovic or Fiore up front? What are the options for the mid?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I think this is a good tactical move by Zac. With the many players unavailable we need to do something and this tactic was very successful under Eriksson and Lopez surely has the speed to play as a lone striker. Maybe even Fiore could benefit from this if he is played between the midfied line and Lopez.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well its the 2nd best possible line up. The best would be to have Negro instead of Miha ;)

Garrincha: I see where there needs to be change in the midfield because Fiore will be playing next to Lopez. That meaning that midfielder goes to striker leaving 11 men on the field. But If we were to play Fiore alone up front with Lopez on the bench :confused: then Baggio or Mendieta come in. There are many options, even Mihajlovic can come into midfield or DeLaPena but hes out of favour.

I like the idea but I think that it has been pointed out wrong. It will be 4-1-2-2-1. Gianni holding midfield with Deki and Liverani in front. Poborsky and Fiore will be very attacking wingers.

Well at least that was the SGE tactic. Im also curious to see if Le Noci will come on for a first debut ;)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
With those players the tactic seems solid enough, although I too have my doubts about Lopez all alone in the attack. But who knows how he might turn out. And Fiore has been saying for a long time how much he prefers to play behind the strikers, well he'll get his chance know, even if it is only one striker. The most interesting postions will be those of Stankovic and Poborsky.... will Zac have them play as wingers or will they stay central when Fiore moves forward? To me they would seem better suited as wingers, even more so with the two defensive midfielders already there! But it is good to see a different tactic every now and then... keeps our opponents guessing :)

Oddly enough, I posted this exact same tactic last week at LMF! Could Zac secretly be checking out these forums ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Re: It Looks Feasible

Garrincha said:
How would you set up the midfield then, with Stankovic or Fiore up front? What are the options for the mid?
Poborsky Giannichedda Liverani Stankovic

Fiore Lopez

I just think Lopez is too small and "forwardish" to play the striker role all alone. With 3 players behind him you basically encourage wing play but most crosses will end at the heads of the defenders or go begging in the other side of the pitch cause Lazio will lack a poacher in the are. I know Fiore isnt a striker, but he could try and play like one.

It will be a lightweight attack anyway, and I dont understand why Lazio loaned Emanuele Berettoni to Perugia, he never plays there anyway...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am with this tactic , but I prefer to see D.Baggio there instead of Liverani...

Zac have no choice anyway... it's the only tactic that fits to the team with all those players injured...

·
Registered
713 Posts
well Glen , I watched every single Lazio match this season...
yes Liverani is a good player but he didn't impress very much lately , in contrary...
D.Baggio is a fighter and I think that we need fighters to win against Torino...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts