Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, 4-2-3-1, thats the feckin formation we used the last time we won the EPL back in 2003.

---------Barthez----------
-Gaz--Rio--Blanc--Silvestre-
------Keano--Butt/Veron----
-Faggotham--Scholes--Giggs-
------------RvN-------------

Now that is a quality line-up but this one is potentially much, much better and if we could pull off the predicted Diarra and Mascherano deals we'd be a fearsome side:

---------Edwin---------
-Gaz--Rio--Vidic--Heinze-
----Diarra-Mascherano---
--Ronaldo--Rooney--Lennon??? :pp
---------Ruud------------

What do you guys think?

And don't say im dreaming because those targets are very attainable. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I bet that you don't sign Mascherano and Diarra.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CardiffRed said:
I bet that you don't sign Mascherano and Diarra.
Who are you?

Your opinion doesn't matter here.

Now scram you bag of crips. :finger:

PS. I know you are here just to **** up our thread again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I'm not so sure if they are attainable.

Mascherano has only recently moved to Corinthians along with Tevez & co under Joorabchian's control. I don't think he's assembled that title winning team (the most expensive in South American history), just to let some European swine take his best player off him.

Diarra is not only in a very good footballing side right now enjoying continued success even under Houlier (shows how good a job Le Guen did there), but Lyon are unlikely to want to let him go for anything less than a sum equal to Essien. Furthermore, Milan and others are supposed to be interested in him which all makes things a little trickier for us.

I think you're talking in excess of £20million, each, if we're lucky.

Also, is there actually any foundation to these players as United targets, other than media speculation & rumor?

I would not hold our hopes too high, it's setting yourself up to be let down by the eventual and real signings in the summer.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Red Bed said:
---------Edwin---------
----Diarra-Mascherano---
--Ronaldo--Rooney--Lennon??? :pp

What do you guys think?

And don't say im dreaming because those targets are very attainable. :thumbsup:
Thats a good line-up but i think that this one will be the more realistic for next season.

---------Edwin---------
----Diarra-Scholes---
--Ronaldo--Rooney--Rossi/Park

I have to admit its basically the same line-up but with a couple of changes. I dont think that mascherano will come in the summer. I hope he does but theres a 70:30 chance he doesn't.
Rossi is definately in the first team next season, and why would fergie buy lennon, when he has rossi and park at his disposal.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I dont see either Mascherano or Diarra coming. Most likely One of Duscher, Cambiasso and Gattuso. and one of Davis and Nolan.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well I'd take Gattusso/Cambiasso + Davis/Nolan at a push But i do believe that one of Diarra or Maschy will come

·
Registered
4,925 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
---------------Edwin-----------------
Gaz--------Rio-------Brown-------Heinze

Ronaldo----Diarra-----Ballack------Park

----------------Rooney---------------

-----------------RVN-----------------

I think that this would be the more ideal and affordable way. We splash out on Diarra and then get Ballack for nothing (which tbh would probably be the steal of the centuary). I think that Park will take over from Giggs and is starting to show some promise... Vidic will be there or there-abouts, whilst Rossi will feature far more on the bench and slowly make his way into the team!

But I hate speculating on which players we should buy because we only get dissapointed at the beginning of the new season

·
Registered
338 Posts
I asked myself the same question when many other people appart from Yatta put forward their ideas. It becomes more like a game of Championship Manager.

But at the end of the day we all like to dream and think "what if".

Just like Manchester City do about winning any form of trophy :howler:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm up for fizzi g's idea. Looks good. But that's too defensive for my liking. Might have won Manchester United the trophy in 2003 but I don't think its going to work to well nowadays.

·
Registered
338 Posts
fizzi_g said:
Thats a good line-up but i think that this one will be the more realistic for next season.

---------Edwin---------
----Diarra-Scholes---
--Ronaldo--Rooney--Rossi/Park

I have to admit its basically the same line-up but with a couple of changes. I dont think that mascherano will come in the summer. I hope he does but theres a 70:30 chance he doesn't.
Rossi is definately in the first team next season, and why would fergie buy lennon, when he has rossi and park at his disposal.
I don't think that this is any more defensive than it has been for the last few seasons. The only change is Diarra for Keane, I think that it is probably a more accurate idea of the team to be.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes we can afford all those players... concentrate on paying off your own £200m worth of debt. Funny how Miss Russia won't pay off that debt for you :googly:

What makes me laugh more about Chelski fans is that they are all sat there so smug laughing at all the hard working teams in the league who have to try and earn their transfer money! Also what makes me laugh is the lack of concern from any Chelski fan about the debt and the fact that Miss Russia won't pay it off.

Lets just imagine for 1 minute if he turns around and thinks "I'm bored of this premiership lark, I am going to sit on my Island in the Maldives and chill out". He then pulls out of owning Chelski... that would mean that you are £200m in debt and more wages to pay than a small country! :howler: :howler: :howler:

Now that would be something to behold. I would help Chelski avoid going bankcrupt by purchasing a small area of the pitch to let my mates dog piss on! :finger:

·
Registered
305 Posts
IF is a very big word. IF only man utd would die out, unfortunately it won't happen same as Roman leaving Chelsea without a future that it deserves (this one of titles and CL glory, btw YOU CRASHED OUT!!).

More so, the debts is nothing to worry about as it's been adressed before and everything will be taken care of, something I can't say the same about YOUR debts.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts