Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from bbc

West Brom v QPR
West Brom striker Kevin Phillips is back in training after a calf injury and could feature against QPR.

John Hartson (wrist) could play some part but Paul Robinson is absent after he was sent off against Birmingham.

QPR could hand a first start to on-loan Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne if Pat Kanyuka does not recover from the knock he sustained at the weekend.

Marc Bircham (hamstring) may be missing while Simon Royce is expected to be preferred to Paul Jones in goal again.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I wonder who's starting instead of Robinson, there is no other left back, maybe McShane if does play in left though.

I say a 2:0 win with Kamara scoring at least once ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Starting lineup

ZUBERBUHLER

ALBRECHTSEN - DAVIES - PERRY - WATSON

GERA - KOUMAS - WALLWORK - GREENING

ELLINGTON - KAMARA

26' minute

WBA - QPR 1:0

Ellington scored in 8th minute ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
2-0 already... boo :doh:

Kamara in the 40th minute

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yabadabadooooo :) The most entertaining team has visited The Hawthorns! he, he, he ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Not only 2 pts are droped, but all rivals (Cardiff, Blues, Preston) won

Kamara, what a suprise start this season :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah 2 points dropped, you just need to stop them scoring, there's plenty of goals to be had from them, no good if you let as many in as well though ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Mowbray after the match:

'We created plenty of chances which was pleasing but it's probably the first time I can say since I've come that we weren't solid at the back. I have felt very safe at the back over the last three or four weeks but I couldn't say that on this occasion.'

'We conceded the goals at very poor times - we conceded one on 47 minutes in the first half and then after the restart,' he said.

'Whether we didn't work hard enough to stop them putting balls in or didn't defend the ball better in the box I don't know. That's football. I like to look at the positives, I am very aware of the negatives and I will be looking to address that.

'This game is about scoring goals at one end and keeping them out at the other and we have achieved half of that. We're obviously disappointed - it will be interesting to see what John (Gregory) makes of it. I think they'll be pretty happy to get a point.'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts