Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's not as fancy as it sounds...

Anyway, some people have started games in the CM 3 series and then gone on holiday for up to 100 seasons. I plan on doing a bit longer. Ten times longer, to be specific.

So I've started a game in CM 01/02, running only one country (English Premiership through Division 3) for size and time considerations. I chose Liverpool but resigned immediately, and then put the game in holiday mode.

I'm going to save it every once in a while and check what's going on. The aim is to get to 3001, if that's possible, but I'll be giving updates periodically. Feel free to ask questions about any specific standings, results, and statistics.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Lemme see if I got this straight... "you" will return from vacation in a million years and apply for some job at the tender age of 1035 or something? Or do you intend to just add a new manager when 3001 arrives?
:confused:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, Leslie. I just wanted to see how the game would act so far into the future. If it turns out to be very interesting, I might let it run beyond 3001. If the periodic checks do not reveal anything interest, however, i.e. things don't change much in the power order, then I might not even let it run to 3001.

It is not a game I intend on playing. I'm just letting it run on a computer I don't use all that often. I've got a River Plate game going in CM 03/04 on my laptop, which being given most of my attention.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had to interrupt a few times when I needed to use the computer, so it has not been going as fast as it could have.

It's done about 12 seasons in slightly over 5 hours, so I reckon this will take between a month and two, considering interruptions and so forth.

So far I seem to have taken jobs with Colchester, Bristol Rovers, and now Portsmouth. I wish there were an option that would allow me to keep from taking manager jobs while on holiday, but accepting the jobs probably doesn't slow the game down much, if at all.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,621 Posts
Somebody once tried a similar thing on SIgames forum.He reached about 600 seasons or so.There were some bizarre stuff happening like some players over 200 years old and still playing (I quess the game engine just "forgot" to regenerate them).

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Very interesting Tim,and i'm curious to see how things will be in about a thousand years.;)

Once i tried in CM01/02 to reach 2030+ (not far,of course) but i had a first view of what i would meet in 500 years.

1)When a nation has only a few players in the game,the regenarated ones may have an other nationality,by an other nation with less than 20-30 players in the game.I found some great players from improbable nations such as the great Newcastle's GK who was from...Cook Islands!!!(i liked it though:cool: )So let me know about such players or if a weak nation (Trinidad Tobago f.e.) had won a major tournament like a World Cup.;)

2)After years pass,i saw that the clubs of the league(s) you run have all the best players.So you may see Real Madrid,Milan having just a few crap Spanish and Italian players respectively,or even if you play with normal database you may see the majority of their squad being "grey" players.

I made some other conclusions too,but i'll wait to certify them by happening in your game too.

:)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 2973 Inter-Planetary Cup Final, featuring Water World FC vs. AC Uranus... :D

I just got it started again a few minutes ago, and it had been up to the 31st season. Therefore, it should hit 60 seasons by tomorrow, and 100 seasons by Saturday. Might even get as far as 200 at the start of the week if I leave it running long enough without interruption.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Sounds crazy and pointless.
I like the idea a lot! :) :thumbsup:

Whizz, I'm glad I crashed the wedding... :tongue:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MxPx said:
Sounds crazy and pointless.
I like the idea a lot! :) :thumbsup:
Very much so. I've wanted to do this before, but I never had a good reason to justify it. Now that I have the newest version of Championship Manager, I was able to pu CM 01/02 on another computer and just leave it running for several hours each day.

Glad you like it; I think it'll be fun. :)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just changed the title of the thread. It's not terribly original, but a bit more entertaining.

Right, 2041 just rolled on by. Italy's won the WC several times, and Barnsley managed a few CL victories. But... surprise, surprise... Man Utd have been dominating both England and Europe. They've got a total of 40 EPL titles and 14 CL titles (of course also counting the ones that came before the start of the game).

Anyway, I'll give a major update when the first century has passed. I'll share the the statistics, standings, curious goings-on, and so forth.

There are a number of competitions available:

World Cup
All World Cup qualifying sections
European Championship
European Championship qualifying sections
Olympics
African Nations
Copa America
OFC Nations Cup
Asian Cup
Confederations Cup
World Club Championships
Intercontinental Cup
Inter-American Cup
Champions League
UEFA Cup
Inter-Toto
European Super Cup
English Premier League
English Division 1
English Division 2
English Division 3
English FA Cup
English League Cup
English Vans Trophy
English Charity Shield

...in case you want to ask any specific questions.

Stadium capacities might also be interesting. If this were CM 99/00, there'd probably be multi-million seater stadiums 1000 years into the future. But the expansions have been limited a great deal in CM 01/02 compared to 99/00, so there won't be the same monstrous capacities bording on insanity. Nevertheless, ask away. Maybe there'll be something interesting. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just walked by and noticed that it seems to be picking up speed; it's about to hit 60 seasons. At that rate, it will probably reach 100 tonight/early tomorrow.

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
whats the highest position of a non league club ( at begining of the game)

has a non league club won anything

size of brazils national stadium

oldest player ypou can find

any unusual WC results

highest score in all competions

highest/lowest attendence in all comps

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just briefly took a look around during 2063, and I nearly spewed my sip of water all over the monitor. Apparently I am now in charge of Chelsea, who are in Division 2. The crazy thing, however, is that their bank balance is...

1.75 billion pounds!!! :eek:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future, because the game cannot handle bank balances over 2.4 billion or so.

Argentina has been winning several of the World Cups, but Yugoslavia won the last. The winners of the EPL and Champions League are becoming more varied, with Man Utd only adding two or three titles in each.

Back on holiday...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just saved the game and then took a peek with CM Scout. The oldest player is Craig Harrison, and he's 87.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts