Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benfica already guaranteed a Uefa cup place and if they win this match they guarantee the qualifying round for Champions League. Argel is suspended. Match is televised Saturday 3th May at 19.30 in Sporttv.

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
we would have to lose all the games to lose 2nd place now...right?

its as good as ours:howler:

ps: i'm fed up with sport tv:fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm hoping for a convincing win, i know that Sporting will be much more motivated than they were in the last game but it won't be enough to stop our great attack. I think that we will win the game in the midfield and have the control of the game. Too bad i can't go to Lisbon to watch the game :(

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think it will either be a draw or a Benfica win.

Unfortunately, Boloni is still in charge so I guess his firing can only be after this game.

If Boloni is smart, he won't keep Jardel in the game and rather opt to play Joao Veira Pinto and Cristiano Ronaldo up front with support from Tonito, Quaresma, Niculae. If he doesn't play Cesar Prates then I'll really be pissed.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jardel is suspend because of the "shirt" episode. Only now he's suspended? Reminds me of the "Simão assault" episode with Costinha (got injured at that time) and Jorge Costa, this is portuguese football in most ridiculous way and Benfica don't need this at all!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
Honestly it's better for Sporting, they will play with 11 men and not with 10 like when they play with Jardel
When you exclude our manager's brain you can pretty much limit that to about 2 men.;)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Despite getting a scary foot injury against Holland, Tiago is fit to play Sporting. Roger is back but he surely can't play 90 minutes, only about 45mins as he said.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probable lineup

------------------------Moreira--------------------------
--Miguel------J.M.Pinto----------Hélder--------Rocha---
----------------Tiago------------Petit----------------------
--Geovanni-----------Zahovic-------------Simão-------
--------------------Nuno Gomes--------------------------

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
its gametime:cool:

cummon GEOVANNI, put in the performance of your life so you can make barca a small fortune:D

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
goal scored by ricardo quaresma

great goal, from about 20 yards after taking it past a player or two. if you want ill keep you updated as im watching it.

quaresma is the difference in the game so far. benfica have been poor.

just as im typing... 2-0 Joao Pinto!

sorry if im sounding pro sporting but i have no bias in the game;)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
from a freekick. poor marking from benfica as joao pinto is free on the back post. takes it down on the chest and strikes it in from about 4 yards.

sporting look like the home time but the way these fixtures have gone in the last few seasons i sense youll get atleast a goal back:)

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Zahovic snapped. handbags happened between him and pinto and both were sent off!
zahovic then ran after someone, i think pinto, but was stopped by a load of his team and officials. no need to wait for de la hoya tonight

before that quarema missed a great chance from about 8 yards out. 5 mins later you went down the other end and scored. tapped in by sokota but it was all made by Miguel

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
2-1 baby WHOOOO!! GONNA PLAY THE LOTTERY TONIGHT!!

Quaresma, Pinto...

Unless Boloni beats Porto I can't see him staying though

·
Administrator
24,773 Posts
pitty:depress:

oh well, shit happens......

if only this could make boloni stay;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts