Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly 3 years ago, on May 8th 1999, Hapoel Haifa beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 3:2 to clince their first and only league title. Hapoel Haifa was then coached by Eli Guttman and had stars such as Oren Zeituni, Dudu Awatt, Ran Ben Shimon, Oren Nissim, Giovanni Rosso, Dmirti Olyanov just to name a few. 3 years after, Hapoel Haifa are on the verge of a financial collapse and lie in the relegation territory, with only 2 games to go. Times change.... :(

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hapoel Haifa never had a big crowd.In thier championship season they had about 9000 fans in their home games.

They spent money without proportion to their income potential.
That's what happening in Maccabi Haifa right now so next year they will have a budget cut.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Its really sad how things went for Hapoel! I heard for one that they had a really good fan base, but it all just drited away.

Anyways, its sad whats happening to them! Im not a huge fan of them but i do feel that they are truly respected (even more respect then Hapoel Beit Shean...) but hopefully they can bounce back! :)

my dream is to have Hapoel Holon back in the Liga A'hal (hopefully), and 2 teams from Tel Aviv, 2 from Haifa and 2 from Jerusalem! :) that would be nice!! :)

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Well

the team never HAD MANY FANS AT ALL, True!!!!!!

Thing is, there heeart and soul was Robi

when the man died, the team somehow slowly started to sink with the cohen scandal being the final nail in their coffin. :depress:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I guess its kinda of an Akward Question, but how much money does it take to buy a team in Israel? :)

lets say if today i want a team and i will put them in some Liga Divison A, and i got all the sponsors and promotion and even a stadium......how much would it cost me?

And lets say we get fan base and we get all the goodies put into one. Than how much would it cost me?

Even more so? How much would it cost me to buy a team like Ironi Reshion Letzion??? :)

Is there any teams "B-STACHIM"???????

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Easy there boy, if you want to start a team you start from the bottom, Liga Gimel, and if you want to see them as soon as possible in Ligat Al you must get 5 successive promotions, which means only in the 6th season minimum they'll be in the Ligat Al. I don't know how much it will cost you to do all of that though.

If you want to buy a team like Rishon LeZion, you need to prepare several million dollars.

There are three teams in the "shtachim", Beitar Ariel (Liga Bet), Hapoel Bikat HaYarden (Liga Gimel), and Maccabi Maale Adumim (my home team, Liga Alef), though no one really considered Maale Adumim as "shtachim".

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you started talking about Liga Gimel already, I just want to tell Hapoel Namel Ashdod have gained promotion to Liga Bet. For those who don't know Hapoel Namel Ashdod were established by a bunch of fans of the old Hapoel Ashdod (before the latter was merged with Ironi Ashdod and became SC Ashdod) and it seems like they're going the right way. Maybe Yoav knows more details about them.... :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Not really, I do not have much info as for Liga Gimel teams that joined this season. However, this is interesting to hear that on their first season they gained promotion.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Do these teams get any paper awarness in yediot achronot or anything like that? Showing the socres or the leauge table???

Who are the referees? Whats the fan base for some of these teams from the "STACHIM"????

Is Maale Adumim Considered a Stachim?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Why don't you read? Read a couple of messages up and you'll see your answer for Maale Adumim.

In the papers you can find results for all leagues, and tables for all leagues down to Liga Bet.

As for the rest of the questions, you'll have to do some research if you'd like to know the answer. I have no clue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts