Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the offical site they say that Parma will hold a meeting today, basically for Parma's future.
They will also release a new Coppa Italia shirt for the final against Juve. Looks much like last years with the Coppa Italia final text and new sponsor.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Is it just me or home shirts this season have been plain agree? I do like the white and the gray ones though...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard some good things about him, but don't really know about him. Just make sure we get someone who will stay here for many years :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
cannavaro77 said:
I have heard some good things about him, but don't really know about him. Just make sure we get someone who will stay here for many years :)
Who? :confused: Is it about Daum maybe? ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Probably, but its my fault. I posted the article as reply here accidentally and then moved it but poor Canna77 had already posted apparently... ;)

Sorry mate :embarassed:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ok, seriously. Could you maybe translate the most important parts of this plan from the offical site, Amo?

I've run it through Babelfish but I can't make much sense out of it. I think it's mainly economical aspects and not so much talk about the team. Baraldi did say that within two years Parma will again be ready to qualify for the CL. Ie, if everything go according to plan we could see CL games from the Tardini in the 2004/05 season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
There are many financial terms included so its not all that easy for me to translate, so you guys will have to wait for the English version of the site to be updated. The important thing is that Baraldi said that we will aim for the CL within two years and Sacchi said we'll be trying to lower the costs and discover young talent before anyone else. Then Baraldi and Francesca Tanzi presented the new shirt (check attachment). Parma and Parmalat will continue a common financial and commercial strategy etc etc.

Why dont we just keep the Parmalat logo as our sponsor? It looks so much nicer in our shirts.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If the shirt is just for the coppa final, why doesn't it just say "juve merda"? ;)

Anyway, it's real nice to see that there is some kind of longterm plan. I've been a little worried the past months about the future of the club.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
enola said:
If the shirt is just for the coppa final, why doesn't it just say "juve merda"? ;)

Anyway, it's real nice to see that there is some kind of longterm plan. I've been a little worried the past months about the future of the club.
:dielaugh:

I'd buy it!

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's a good thing to build a really Parmisan team from young talents. Thus Parma shall have its own heroes, not ones who became famous with other teams. I'm sure that there will be great names like Minotti, Apolloni, Benarrivo or Cannavaro in the future what names will mean one with our beloved club.

Parma always won trophies with different teams. The '99 UEFA-Cup winner team was absolutely different from the team from '95. It seems that the new generation is coming. I really hope that they win many trophies and give us many things to celebrate for!

But are these words true? Can we believe them? I really hope so! It is a very bad thing to see our heroes leaving our team. If Parma really wants to make such team, they may not sell always our best players. If there will be a great Parma team in the future will we keep them for more years than one? Will we win more than one trophy with them? We shall see...

The shirt for the Coppa Italia Final is not the best. I don't like it. Why do we use such a dark shirt for this important final? Parma's colours ar the yellow and blue. I should have been better to see our yellow-blue shirt in these two matches with the "parmalat" sponsor. But it really doesn't interests me IF WE WIN THE CUP!!!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In 3 years time, we should be top challengers IMO.
Ferarri, Bonera, hopefully Zauri, we will have a great all-italian defence. Along with hopefully Marchionni and Appiah.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I'm not bothered at all by this new strategy. All of our good signings have been relatively cheap anyway. When was the last time we bought anyone expensive who actually contributed to the team? Must have been Chiesa back in 1996...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Veron wasn't a good signing. If he had been a good signing he would be in Parma right now. We need consistency, not mercenaries...

Frey? Well, I guess we'll find out in the summer...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
VERDI said:
Veron wasn't a good signing. If he had been a good signing he would be in Parma right now. We need consistency, not mercenaries...

Frey? Well, I guess we'll find out in the summer...
IMO you can sell one player after a great year and for much more $$ than you buyed them, but we did that with too many...:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts