Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Finland seems to be the best team of the group offensively, so the 5-3-2 might not be bad, but with different players

Nita

Ratiu-Rus-Burca-Ghita-Sorescu

M.Marin-R.Marin-Popescu

Puscas-Mihaila

Only Edi knows the state of the players so Chiriches/Ghita, Cicaldau/Marin/Olaru and Sorescu/Bancu are alternatives

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
I'd go with...

-----------------------------GK
-----------------Rus----------------------------Burca
Ratiu--------------------------------------------------------Bancu
-----------------M.Marin-------------Paun
Sorescu-----------------Popescu--------------Mihaila
----------------------------Puscas
I think we need a balanced midfielder like R.Marin, Cic or Olaru there. In your team only Tavi has some playmaking abilities. It's not easy at all but we need to hold the ball somehow

The first half against Bosnia was goos in thta sense, but the players were too defensive to take more advantage of it

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Yesterday there were some good moments of passing, on the first half. It's beautiful when it happens... But those moments are extremely rare and they suddenly forget how to do it...

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
GSP posted 2 different line ups the day before Bosnia. None were right. There was a time (mainly under Piturca) when they got it right. They probably had someone on the inside feeding them information back then, but for years it's not like that anymore

Considering the situation I think Edi might stick to the line up he thinks got him good results and that is the starting one against Bosnia (he didn't change it even when we conceded). But I hope he makes it more offensive cause it was extremely limited. With offensive wingbacks, a more offensive player instead of Cicaldau/Marin it might work better

I hope Tavi and Mihaila start, as they are the few that can make a difference, and I'd give Olaru another chance, despite his horrible performance in Montenegro

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
That's one option. The other being that anyone could read Piturca. As far as I know, he was very strict with media leaks.

That 5-3-2 I'm really not a big fan of. But with Sorescu/Ratiu/Bancu as SBs... and maybe... Mihaila and Puscas up front... may be better. Maxim is always wasted. He's a player for a 4-2-3-1, had the best performances lately at the club, and Edi wastes him.
True about Maxim, but it's hard to use a system for one player.

For instance we have too many players that are comfortable on the left, and almost none on the right without Man or Ianis. It's not an east job for Edi

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Strange about Ghita. Maybr because of his nose injury? I can't see another reason to not make the bench even with a 3 man defence last time

Stefanescu makes it today. Certainly not easy to trust newcomers in this scenario. There are players that should show up like Olaru, Cicaldau, Mihaila or Tanase before testing new ones

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Bancu did excellent today, over his level I'd say

Burca, Chiriches, Ratiu, M. Marin, Olaru, Puscas and Nita did very well

Puscas has huge troubles scoring but today he compensated by creating the goal and fighting a lot

Players like Cretu and Hanca weak links that cause us big problems.

For once we didn't choke, but some defensive mistakes and distractions could have led to that outcome. But also we could have scored and made things easier, we created chances

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Olaru, Ratiu and Sorescu our best players I'd say...

Ratiu's quality crosses remarked by the British commentator. Sorescu's speed and balls help even though he gets lost at times. Olaru very active and solid, with something to prove.

iMO M. Marin was excellent but Bancu MOTM. Ratiu and Marius Marin prove their worth once again. They have to be key parts for our future.

Olaru redeeming himself. Sorescu good aswell

Tavi worked a lot but very little offensively. Mihaila in some minutes shows how much we need him in form

·
Registered
18,372 Posts
Cretu was one of the best DM's of Liga I, even scoring and helping in attack. That's why. The problem is how big the level difference is. We sae it with Olaru vs Montenegro, yesterday he did much better

No way to know if Paun or Sut would do better. I would have called Nedelcu cause he has more experience and knows the team

Boloca should be there next time. Italy is calling players from Serie B, we better hurry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts