Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
31,200 Posts
Head to Head: 11 matches, 8 Romanian wins, 3 draws.

Finland is the team with the most games against Romania without winning.
Not for long. Surely we'll lose at least one of the games this year.

Cristea also out alongside Alibec. Everyone else hopefully fit (?)

Pretty much agree with your team. Sorescu has to start. Burca, Rus and M. Marin as well. IDK about Paun but no harm trying him.

·
General Iordanescu
31,200 Posts
I think the only 'objective' left here is to be #30 so that we reach the 3rd pot for the Euro qualification and hope for a miracle.

Luckily Slovenia has a group with the 3 best teams in League B so they may well end on 0 points. Problem is, so can we.

Imagine if we had a group with Norway, Sweden and Serbia. We'd end up with 1 point and 2-20 goal difference. And I think even that's a bit generous.

·
General Iordanescu
31,200 Posts
GSP made an InStat 11:

• Portar: Niță
  • Apărarea: Rațiu (216), Burcă (252), A. Rus (246), Camora (221)
  • Închizători”: R. Marin (221), M. Marin (229)
  • Mijlocași: Oct. Popescu (216), Cicâdău (234), V. Mihăilă (211)
  • Vârf”: G. Pușcaș (190)

·
General Iordanescu
31,200 Posts
GSP posted 2 different line ups the day before Bosnia. None were right. There was a time (mainly under Piturca) when they got it right. They probably had someone on the inside feeding them information back then, but for years it's not like that anymore
That's one option. The other being that anyone could read Piturca. As far as I know, he was very strict with media leaks.

That 5-3-2 I'm really not a big fan of. But with Sorescu/Ratiu/Bancu as SBs... and maybe... Mihaila and Puscas up front... may be better. Maxim is always wasted. He's a player for a 4-2-3-1, had the best performances lately at the club, and Edi wastes him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts