Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
70,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, 11 June. 21:45.

Giulesti stadium, Bucharest

PORTARI: Florin Niță (Sparta Praga | Cehia, 15/0), Marian Aioani (Farul Constanța, 0/0), Horațiu Moldovan (FC Rapid 1923, 0/0), Ștefan Târnovanu (FCSB, 0/0)

FUNDAȘI: Andrei Rațiu (Huesca | Spania, 6/0), Cristian Manea (CFR Cluj, 16/2), Adrian Rus (Fehervar | Ungaria, 12/0), Iulian Cristea (FCSB, 3/0), Virgil Ghiță (KS Cracovia | Polonia, 1/0), Vlad Chiricheș (Sassuolo | Italia, 71/0), Andrei Burcă (CFR Cluj, 9/0), Nicușor Bancu (Universitatea Craiova, 23/1), Mario Camora (CFR Cluj, 7/0), Marius Ștefănescu (Sepsi OSK, 0/0)

MIJLOCAȘI: Deian Sorescu (Rakow Czestochowa | Polonia, 5/0), Alexandru Cicâldău (Galatasaray | Turcia, 22/3), Darius Olaru (FCSB, 3/0), Alexandru Maxim (Gaziantep F.K. | Turcia, 52/6), Sergiu Hanca (KS Cracovia | Polonia, 5/0), Octavian Popescu (FCSB, 2/0), Nicolae Păun (Sepsi OSK, 0/0), Valentin Mihăilă (Atalanta | Italia, 7/1), Alexandru Mitriță (PAOK Salonic | Grecia, 17/3), Alexandru Crețu (Universitatea Craiova, 5/0), Răzvan Marin (Cagliari | Italia, 37/2), Marius Marin (Pisa | Italia, 3/0)

ATACANȚI: Denis Alibec (Atromitos | Grecia, 23/2), Andrei Ivan (Universitatea Craiova, 15/1), George Pușcaș (Pisa | Italia, 27/8), Florin Tănase (FCSB, 11/1)

Try to make your best team for this game with Edi's squad.

It seems Alibec is injured.

Head to Head: 11 matches, 8 Romanian wins, 3 draws.

Finland is the team with the most games against Romania without winning. Lithuania (11-0-1) is close but we lost shamefully that game in 2008.

·
Registered
70,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd go with...

-----------------------------GK
-----------------Rus----------------------------Burca
Ratiu--------------------------------------------------------Bancu
-----------------M.Marin-------------Paun
Sorescu-----------------Popescu--------------Mihaila
----------------------------Puscas

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
Head to Head: 11 matches, 8 Romanian wins, 3 draws.

Finland is the team with the most games against Romania without winning.
Not for long. Surely we'll lose at least one of the games this year.

Cristea also out alongside Alibec. Everyone else hopefully fit (?)

Pretty much agree with your team. Sorescu has to start. Burca, Rus and M. Marin as well. IDK about Paun but no harm trying him.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Finland seems to be the best team of the group offensively, so the 5-3-2 might not be bad, but with different players

Nita

Ratiu-Rus-Burca-Ghita-Sorescu

M.Marin-R.Marin-Popescu

Puscas-Mihaila

Only Edi knows the state of the players so Chiriches/Ghita, Cicaldau/Marin/Olaru and Sorescu/Bancu are alternatives

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I'd go with...

-----------------------------GK
-----------------Rus----------------------------Burca
Ratiu--------------------------------------------------------Bancu
-----------------M.Marin-------------Paun
Sorescu-----------------Popescu--------------Mihaila
----------------------------Puscas
I think we need a balanced midfielder like R.Marin, Cic or Olaru there. In your team only Tavi has some playmaking abilities. It's not easy at all but we need to hold the ball somehow

The first half against Bosnia was goos in thta sense, but the players were too defensive to take more advantage of it

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
We don't hold the ball. Whatever midfield you try, won't do it. It's a miracle if they link 3 passes.
The funny and sad thing is that it's actually just the reality and not even an exaggeration. I remember against England 1998 we had so many phases of passing the ball intelligently in the opponents half for long periods...I know, very different team and players...but not being able to link 3 passes is a little bit problematic if you want to produce something in football.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Yesterday there were some good moments of passing, on the first half. It's beautiful when it happens... But those moments are extremely rare and they suddenly forget how to do it...

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
TBH Florin Tanase looked great of late and it makes no sense to pick Puscas ahead of him. Also Sorescu has been nice when he plays, same with Paun.

You can't go with Marin-Marin.. They need to drop someone the way we utilized Sanmartean vs Northern Ireland. That someone is probably Maxim. He needs to gather and send Tanase or Sorescu, maybe utilize Olaru with them.

If we don't push the pace on counter, this team is gonna get eaten alive losing the ball in mid.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
I think the only 'objective' left here is to be #30 so that we reach the 3rd pot for the Euro qualification and hope for a miracle.

Luckily Slovenia has a group with the 3 best teams in League B so they may well end on 0 points. Problem is, so can we.

Imagine if we had a group with Norway, Sweden and Serbia. We'd end up with 1 point and 2-20 goal difference. And I think even that's a bit generous.

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
GSP made an InStat 11:

• Portar: Niță
  • Apărarea: Rațiu (216), Burcă (252), A. Rus (246), Camora (221)
  • Închizători”: R. Marin (221), M. Marin (229)
  • Mijlocași: Oct. Popescu (216), Cicâdău (234), V. Mihăilă (211)
  • Vârf”: G. Pușcaș (190)

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
GSP posted 2 different line ups the day before Bosnia. None were right. There was a time (mainly under Piturca) when they got it right. They probably had someone on the inside feeding them information back then, but for years it's not like that anymore

Considering the situation I think Edi might stick to the line up he thinks got him good results and that is the starting one against Bosnia (he didn't change it even when we conceded). But I hope he makes it more offensive cause it was extremely limited. With offensive wingbacks, a more offensive player instead of Cicaldau/Marin it might work better

I hope Tavi and Mihaila start, as they are the few that can make a difference, and I'd give Olaru another chance, despite his horrible performance in Montenegro

·
General Iordanescu
31,204 Posts
GSP posted 2 different line ups the day before Bosnia. None were right. There was a time (mainly under Piturca) when they got it right. They probably had someone on the inside feeding them information back then, but for years it's not like that anymore
That's one option. The other being that anyone could read Piturca. As far as I know, he was very strict with media leaks.

That 5-3-2 I'm really not a big fan of. But with Sorescu/Ratiu/Bancu as SBs... and maybe... Mihaila and Puscas up front... may be better. Maxim is always wasted. He's a player for a 4-2-3-1, had the best performances lately at the club, and Edi wastes him.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
That's one option. The other being that anyone could read Piturca. As far as I know, he was very strict with media leaks.

That 5-3-2 I'm really not a big fan of. But with Sorescu/Ratiu/Bancu as SBs... and maybe... Mihaila and Puscas up front... may be better. Maxim is always wasted. He's a player for a 4-2-3-1, had the best performances lately at the club, and Edi wastes him.
True about Maxim, but it's hard to use a system for one player.

For instance we have too many players that are comfortable on the left, and almost none on the right without Man or Ianis. It's not an east job for Edi

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
It's not easy for sure but even with our limitations he has to do better. This can't be the best possible from what we have seen til now (with "his" team). Finland is a team which comes close to getting out 100% of their possibilities with their squad, we don't.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts