Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else wish this does not happen again. will this be a repeat of that ucl year :depress: The worst ucl ending in recent times. And the scary thing is that the level of the 3 Italian teams is worse than it was the last time this happens.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The worst ucl?

I thought it was a wondeful ucl that year and even the final was very good for the first 60 mins until both teams realised they could lose..

Anyway the UCL that year was one of the best there has been like I said with some brilliant games all the way until the final.

Anyway if it does happen it only shows the strength of these 3 teams (not the league necessarily). So if it does happen you can only congrtulate the teams instead of going on about all the crap you like to post. Also should it happen you are likely to get 2 mouthwatering ties between Inter-Juve and Milan-Barca.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im not sure, Ajax could pass the ball but they hardly threatened Inter in any way at the San Siro.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
They have always been like that though. If you added a couple of their old wingers then maybe they would have thrashed Inter.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
The final of the CL has been shitty since the mid-90's unless your team is there and you have your bias goggles on.

Whether they were Italian, English or Spanish.

·
Registered
27,295 Posts
Borruma II said:
Last year's final was Crap. :googly:. That's news to me.
Yeah, it was a good game and a good comeback.

It's probably the first and only time that I wanted Liverpool to win.

the 2003 CL semi-final between Juventus and Real Madrid was pretty damn good, if you ask me.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
the 2002-03 season was the best ever if u ask me......7out of the 8 teams in the q/f were past winners whilst the 8th had been in 2 of the last 3 finals[valencia]..the quality of the games from 2nd round onwards was awesome......the last 2 years have produced crap teams winning the title with truckloads of luck on their side whilst in that season the most deserving team won the trophy.......some of the games that year were so much fun like man u-real,valencia-inter,ajax-milan,barca-juve and most italian teams played good attakin football

·
Registered
866 Posts
the 2002-03 season was the best ever if u ask me......7out of the 8 teams in the q/f were past winners whilst the 8th had been in 2 of the last 3 finals[valencia]..the quality of the games from 2nd round onwards was awesome......the last 2 years have produced crap teams winning the title with truckloads of luck on their side whilst in that season the most deserving team won the trophy.......some of the games that year were so much fun like man u-real,valencia-inter,ajax-milan,barca-juve and most italian teams played good attakin football
You've got to be kidding me... that was the worst CL ever. As I posted in some other thread the only good knockout games were the Real ones and that's because they couldn't defend. And Milan were hardly the most deserving team.. Juve were no doubt. And face it, that final was boring.

I liked the all CL's from 2000-2002 and 2004 (until the semi finals)

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Borruma II said:
You've got to be kidding me... that was the worst CL ever. As I posted in some other thread the only good knockout games were the Real ones and that's because they couldn't defend. And Milan were hardly the most deserving team.. Juve were no doubt. And face it, that final was boring.

I liked the all CL's from 2000-2002 and 2004 (until the semi finals)

dude that season almost all groups whether in 1st group stage or 2nd were decided on the last night of matches==valencia-arse,roma-ajax,inter-leverkusen,real-lokomotiv,juve-basel.........everything was decided right at the death and it seem u only saw reals games ......the valencia-inter 2nd leg was just awesome where inter cudnt get out of their half for the last 60 mins and so was milan-ajax and barca-juve went into extra-time......for me that was the best season so far and mind u that season milan beat bayern,depor,real,ajax,inter and juve to win the thing no othert team has beaten such heavyweights so convincingly to win the cl

·
Registered
866 Posts
Except ACM only beat Ajax thanks to a jammy last minute goal, and they didn't beat Inter or Juve. The semi-final was a joke in it's result.

Porto, a year later and Real, a year earlier were far more deserving winners. Only Liverpool have been more lucky than Milan that year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How Milan weren't the most deserving team in 02-03 I fail to grasp.

We played spectacular football throughout the two group stages. We disintegrated Deportivo back when it was still a serious opponent, we spanked Bayern both in Munchen and in Milan, we beat the reigning champions Real Madrid with authority..

We then turned into a more cynical team in the two leg games, riding our luck against Ajax (though I'd rather call it perseverance given that Ajax had come from behind twice) and winning the nerve war with Inter. The final could have gone both ways but on the whole we were the team that tried harder.

In a nutshell, we showed brilliance when we were able to and character when the inspiration was lacking. These, to me, are the key attributes of a well-deserving European champion.

I have a feeling we will witness a remake of that year's final, and I think it will be entertaining. Besides, if we are into boring finals, Marseille-Red Star, Valencia-Bayern or even Man U-Bayern before the 90th minute tidal wave come to mind as well..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
After tonight I will just say that I hope no english people ever say Italian teams are defensive and boring ever again. This is not the first time english teams have completely defended their asses off and just played crappy hit and rush football against italian teams and so I would like this generalisation to stop from now on. Thanks :) Rant over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts