Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really makes me wonder, is Lazio are genuine Serie A contender and European challenger without King Italy himself, Alessandro Nesta?

The San Siro must be Lazio's worst ground to play on. A 2-0 to loss to Milan in the Serie A, and another 2-1 loss in the Coppa Italia and a 0-0 draw to Inter.

In the game against Milan, Nesta and Crespo both got injured, and both had to miss 1 month. When Lazio returned to San Siro a couple of months later to play Inter, Nesta was once again injured, and this time he was thought to miss the rest of the season and maybe even the World Cup. It was later confirmed he'll miss only 1 month.

3 weeks have passed since that injury, and Lazio have played 3 games. The results are:

Milan 2-1 Lazio (Coppa Italia)
Piacenza 1-0 Lazio (Serie A)
Lazio 2-3 Milan (Coppa Italia)

If Nesta was in these games, would the story have been a lot different? Probably just Lazio's bad form that lost them these games. But Lazio's defence is very weak, and I am sure with Stam and Nesta, these results would not have happened. Lazio's defence is somewhat weakened with without Stam and Nesta, with Couto, Favalli, and maybe just a slight bit Panacaro who are veru good defenders. I dunno about Negro, he's crap this year.

What do you think? Does Lazio need Nesta to finish near the top in Serie A? What if Mr Crag sells him at the end of this season or at any time, can Lazio live without him, or will there be another wonder replacement by then?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yes itt sux but itts da true Lazio kant win whithout Nesta.

:depress: :depress: :depress: :depress: :depress: :depress:

JF

·
International
6,519 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would have never imagined an Italian club playing the typical Catetcaino style (or something) would have a problem in the defence!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Lazio doesn't really play typical Catenaccio, we don't have enough good defenders for it anyway.
We do play a defensive game but not really Catenaccio.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lazio - Perugia 5-0 without Nesta...

I guess you were wrong.
By the way, Negro the scapegoat, scored. So did Fiore the scapegoat.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It's amazing eh Lindini. I still can't believe this result and that Negro scored in the other teams goal. :D

·
International
6,519 Posts
IL TORO said:
It's amazing eh Lindini. I still can't believe this result and that Negro scored in the other teams goal. :D
:dielaugh::D:D:D Great one Rob ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are proud over the Lazio history, then you should be proud over Paulo Negro. He is one of our champions. He always will be.

Some people tend to forget quickly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lindini said:
If you are proud over the Lazio history, then you should be proud over Paulo Negro. He is one of our champions. He always will be.

Some people tend to forget quickly.
i totally agree

negro has given so much to lazio

own goals... hes known for it but every body commits mistakes!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I don't mean any disrespect to Negro, I just wanted to make a joke.
I don't rate him as high as some of the other supporters but I can appreciate what he's done. However nowdays I think we could field someone better than him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
IL TORO said:
I don't mean any disrespect to Negro, I just wanted to make a joke.
I don't rate him as high as some of the other supporters but I can appreciate what he's done. However nowdays I think we could field someone better than him.
yeah i agree there are so many better players we can field there!

i respect what he has done, but his days at lazio are close to an end

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
No matter what anybody says, negro, although no "glorious" player, is a hard-working player who always gives his best, or at least tries to give. That can not be said for some other of ours super-stars.

Forza Negro!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts