Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a bit wierd that they have 2 left backs and only 1 sweeper, and no right backs or stoppers.

Also, Baggio and Zidane ahea of Garrincha is a big mistery!:eek: :(

But anyway, here is the FIFA internet dream team:

Yashim (ex-URSS),

Maldini (Itália), Beckenbauer (Alemanha), Roberto Carlos (Brasil),

Maradona (Argentina), Zidane (França), Baggio (Itália), Platini (França),

Cruyff (Holanda), Pelé (Brasil) e Romário (Brasil).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ha, very good that there is no doubt about who should be the striker on this team...:D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Not Really Relevant, Is It?

It's just one more of those silly Internet polls. They mean very little, as most of the greatest players from history are 'forgotten' and substituted by modern 'fan favourites'.

That places Roberto Baggio (!!!!!!!) on the team instead of Puskas, Di Stefano, Falcão, Gento, Eusebio, Zico (a player who happens to be Baggio's biggest idol, LOL) and others. Any of these footballing gods deserve a spot more than Zidane too - but of course, it's just my opinion.

And I'm not even mentioning defenders like Cabrini, Nilton Santos and Figueroa. These giants were ridiculously overlooked for the sake of Maldini, a superb defender who certainly deserves praise, but CHRIST - where the fock is Franco Baresi?!?!?!?!?!?

This list, I'm sorry to say, is meaningless.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garrincha,
Your last but one phrase says it all... WERE IS BARESI? How can Maldini be ahead of him is beyond any reasonable explanation....even Maldini would not be able to explain that!:eek: :(

Robeto Carlos ahead of Nilton Santos and Junior is a complete joke also!:eek: :devil:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah, the whole list is a joke. it's a popularity contest.

i mean, come on, roberto carlos? brazil has had many players in history in the position better than roberto carlos. in fact, the 2002 team has a left back better than roberto carlos: junior.

and where is falcao? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also what about the likes of Bobby Charleton ? Or Van basten ? Bobby moore, who was undoubtly one of the greatest defenders of all time. He played for the 66 & 70`s England side in the world cup. And I dont rate Maldina anymore as one of the top defenders! Every major tornament he looks average! And R Carlos should NOWAY be there. The greatest left back ever ? NOWAY!!! Anyhow I rate defebders on their ability to defend, not their ability to attack.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Van Basten? Note this is a FIFA WORLD CUP dream team...
Van Basten only played 1 World Cup and failed to score in that one...so why the hell should he be on this team?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts