Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three Juventus stalwarts will be shown the door at the end of a disappointing season in Turin.
Defensive pair Mark Iuliano and Paolo Montero and midfielder Antonio Conte are all coming off contract and unlikely to be offered new deals after a poor domestic campaign.

Question marks also remain over the future of coach Marcello Lippi, with AS Monaco's Didier Deschamps, ex-Chelsea boss Gianluca Vialli and Parma's Cesare Prandelli all being linked with a move to Turin at the end of the season.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews290204.html

what is ur opinion?? :confused:

I think Montero should stay....

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Nothing to be sorry for. Montero is not a good player anymore. He makes too many mistakes and you can never rely on him. Iuliano has always been a semi-class player. And Conte is too old to be good.

And about Lippis' departure I would say that it mostly depends on results we achieve this season.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
VERY likely that Lippi becomes Azzuri coach after this season. I dont see it going any other way no matter what happens.

The 3 leaving should leave. Conte MIGHT stay as a 3rd choice player perhaps at the best, I hope.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the 3 players are old .... how about Ferrara??

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think all should leave really, I expect all to sign for teams in Serie A still with Montero staying at a slightly major club. e.g Lazio

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you campared the # of Juve players with Milan .. I think Milan is more than us ...

so we need to buy more not sell them .. if Juve are looking for 3 trophies, there should be enough players..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If you sell these 3 players, you have enough out on loan to bring players back in and have enough money to buy the best young players or just the best players in the world!!!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
We cannot sell them as they'll be off contract come the summer -bar Iuliano whose deal expires only in 2005 but could be on his way out just the same. Note that the deals that tie Ferrara, Birindelli and Chimenti to us, finish at the end of the season too.

Hopefully Ciro and Biri can have their contract extended by the management.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMO the first player that should leave is Di Vaio ...

he is unlucky with Juve he should find another team..

swaping Di Vaio with Fiore would be a good deal :cool:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Very much agreed Inza;) ,Di Vaio back to the capital may be just what he needs.At juve the pressure to perform is enormous.I would'nt say he's been a total flop there but Lazio remains close to his heart.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah, I know. But we still got Cannavaro and Bonera to sell before our idiots realise that older and stable is far better than young potential. Castellini, Iuliano... I love it.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
montero- more of a liability than an asset. has nothing to offer, even as back up these days. comical mistakes are starting to diminish his highly regarded career.

Iuliano- was a class defender. Again, has experience, but embarrasses himself more than anything.

Conte- great player for the club. does play the occasional blinder but more than often shows that he isnt good enough anymore. And lets be honest, with maresca, appiah, tacchinardi, blasi, brighi and possibly others joining the club, is Conte needed in the midfield unit?

Pessotto must be asked about also...surely with recent injuries and at his age, a mid table club is better suited for him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts