Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking to myself last night why Fergi never opted/experiment with the 3-5-2 tactic.This was all the superstarts at united wouldve been kept happy.

Im sure Veron would fit really well into that system.I think United must keep Veron.He is clearly a world class player that just need some time to adapt.Say we do get Thuram or another world class center Defender, which does seem likely.Look how tthe 3-5-2 looks.

Personally i think Giggs and Becks would work wonders as wing backs,the are fast and work extremely hard

----------------------------------Barthez--------------------------------

--------------G. Neville---------Thuram-------Silvestre----------------

------Beckham-------------------Keane----------------------Giggs-------

-------------------------Veron------------------Scholes--------------------

-------------------Van Nistlerooy-------------Solskjear-------------------

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
1)man utd's defence was already wobbly enough with four, let alone playing three.
2)most teams in england play 4-4-2
3)it's never caused us any problems in the past
4)we're too attack-minded already
5)blanc was brought in for wes brown to learn from
6)we need to bring in a world-class defender if we're going to play that sytem and none were or are available
7)altough the system would suit veron, what about the other 10?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
no way..defence too crap, midfield too crowded....4-4-2 only...

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
For 3-5-2 to work you need a couple of good wingbacks who are solid in defending and unfortunately neither Becks nor Giggsy are just that.

To play 3-5-2 Fergie needs players like Zannetti,Cafu,Candela and Carlos.These players are extremely hard-working who run up and down the flank all day and are good both in attack as well as defence(well in Carlos' case maybe not so in defending;):D).

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
K-2 said:
...good both in attack as well as defence(well in Carlos' case maybe not so in defending;):D).
after watching him complete mark beckham out of the game the other year i'd have to disagree with that statement.:(

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah becks has improved with defedning so he might be okay with, although you wouldnt expect many crosses and goals from anymore.

Giggs defending??? :D that will never happen!!

and Carlos can defend, he is great at everythiong he does, its not fair that Real Madrid have him, greedy bastards LOL.

to play with a 3 man defence, you need top central defenders, even if thuram joins, where are your other two??? neville is good, but not grat as centre back, blanc :tongue: Silvestre is a left back, not centre back......

man u would have to re-structure their midfield completely to play that formation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts