Xtratime Community banner

Will we do it?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that we've reached the split and the remaining five rounds of matches have been announced I thought it would be a good time to gauge opinion on our chances of finishing second. I will say right now that it's disgraceful we're having to even discuss things like this.

Current Standings
Code:
                      P  W  D  L   F   A   GD  Pts 
01.Celtic             32 26 04 02  84 30   54  82  
02.Hearts             33 19 08 06  64 27   37  65  
03.Rangers            33 18 08 07  59 34   25  62 
04.Hibs               33 16 04 12  56 45   11  52 
05.Kilmarnock         32 14 09 09  58 52   06  51  
06.Aberdeen           33 12 12 09  38 35   03  48
Fixtures

Saturday, 15 April 2006
Hearts v Kilmarnock
Rangers v Aberdeen

Saturday, 22 April 2006
Hibernian v Hearts
Sunday, 23 April 2006
Celtic v Rangers

Saturday, 29 April 2006
Kilmarnock v Rangers
Sunday, 30 April 2006
Hearts v Celtic

Tuesday, 02 May 2006
Hibernian v Rangers
Wednesday, 03 May 2006
Hearts v Aberdeen

Sunday, 07 May 2006
Rangers v Hearts

I have to say that Hearts are slight favourites for second place in my book. To all intents and purpose they are 4 points ahead as there is no chance of us overturning a 12 goal deficit. Even allowing for us taking 3 points off them at Ibrox (which is no certainty) it's difficult to see how we'll take more points than them from the preceding 4 matches. Hibs are really falling away, and they've got Aberdeen and Kilmarnock at home.

I think we really have to win all 5 matches to stand any chance.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In a word,No.
Cant see us taking full points in all the remaining games.
Home win v Aberdeen
A typical woeful performance at Celtic
Away win at Kilmarnock
Away defeat at Hibs
Home win to the Jambos

As you say,its a disgrace that we're in this position.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As TSC goal difference is worth an extra point, but the SPL table should only show a 3 point gap. I'm blaming chivo for that though, cos I copy and pasted his table from the Aberdeen thread :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Serves you right ya thieving bassa. :D

I just can't see us doing it at the moment. We need performances like we put in away from home recently but our home performances have been dire. I can see us slipping up next week against Aberdeen. I can also see Hearts beating Hibs and Celtic.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
i dont think we'll do it. if our form had been better, then it would still be hard but i'd be confident we could manage it...but right now everything is pretty poor and we just need the season to finish and the managerial change to happen before there will be any significant improvement

it's a total embarrassment though - 3rd in a 2 horse race. the only thing that keeps everyone going is the knowledge that le guen will be coming very shortly....

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
The media are already talking about the last day decider. I'd be surprised if there is any less than a 3 point gap at that stage and with the goal difference I think it will be a nothing match.

We all have experiences the last day dramas of the past. This I doubt will be one of them. I think this game will be one will see Eck leave Ibrox in a whimper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts