Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any good players in the 2nd highest league in in Holland? Prefarbley center backs or defensive mids

cheers

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Prefarbley center backs or defensive mids
Not any that really pop up into my mind straight away. Perhaps Glen Loovens at Excelsior, a 20 year old defender on loan from Feyenoord. Tall strong kid but he can be static and he can't pass to save his life :eek:
I don't really follow the second division so there might be some I don't know.

Attacking wise you got two which do come to mind. A right winger called Ugur Yildrim who'll go to Heerenveen next season. He's got the most assists so far this season I think for his current club Go Ahead Eagles and he once scored 6 goals in one game.

The second guy is Yuri Rose, now at Heracles, a player who plays in the hole or as a 2nd striker. Scored 14 or so goals do far this season. He'll also be making a move to Heerenveen next season.

Heerenveen will be the team to watch in the next few seasons btw in the Dutch league. They're going to increase the capacity of their stadium from 14000 to 28000 in the summer (and it should get filled too since they have a long waiting list for season tickets right now). They also seem to find decent players and their chairman is an ambitious man. Sounds good and they should do well. Hopefully they won't go down the same way as Vitesse Arnhem though.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Re: Re: 2nd Divson talents.

Wally said:
Not any that really pop up into my mind straight away. Perhaps Glen Loovens at Excelsior, a 20 year old defender on loan from Feyenoord. Tall strong kid but he can be static and he can't pass to save his life :eek:
Have you read he kicked Ono out of the 'friendly' game between Feyenoord and Excelsior? :howler:

·
Registered
282 Posts
loovens is a net-niet player who will never get higher than exelsior or a 12th placed erediv team or lower.
idem dito sprockel, haan, boutahar, buys, breinburg...:eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I can agree with most of the players you named, although I think that Boutahar is good enough for a subtopper. I mean normally RKC is that too and he has been one of their better players so far.

Wally already mentioned Yildirim. It will be interesting to see him next season in the Eredivisie. If you look at his stats and the fact that he says that he can still do better. I think he already has something around 10 goals and 10 assist halfway the season.

For the rest it's hard to say. Fortuna has a few youngster in it's team who also represent Oranje U-19. Only Fortuna is one of the worst teams in the GGD, so it's hard for them to impress there already in the league too. Another struggler from Limburg MVV has a talented keeper with Wintjens in it's squad.

·
Registered
59,048 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2nd Divson talents.

Kluivert said:
Have you read he kicked Ono out of the 'friendly' game between Feyenoord and Excelsior? :howler:
Yeah mentioned it in my match report. I'd have demanded that club immediately sell Loovens if it had been a serious injury :howler: luckily it wasn't!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts