Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this bid was not a rumour:

From http://www.dailysoccer.com

MADRID, July 5 (Reuters)(DS) - Real Madrid have received a 5,000 million pesetas ($29 million) bid for problematic French striker Nicolas Anelka, club president Lorenzo Sanz said on Wednesday.

But even if the offer from an unnamed club is accepted, the
windfall will not lead to a Real spending spree, according to Sanz, whose future at the head of the club will be decided in a presidential vote on July 16.

"It will be the coaching staff who decide whether to accept
the bid," he said.

"We have to strengthen the squad in certain positions but I
believe the best players in the world are already at Real Madrid and we don't need many reinforcements.

"If the coach decides a player is needed we will do what we
can to bring him in but no more than that."

Spanish newspapers have speculated that Paris St Germain are bidding to bring Anelka back to France, while the player has also been linked with a move to Italy.

Anelka, who was signed by Real shortly before the start of
the 1999-2000 season for $35 million, responded by scoring just two league goals and picking up a lengthy suspension for missing training.

His form improved slightly towards the end of the season as
he scored vital goals in both legs of the Champions League
semifinal against Bayern Munich and he was a member of France's successful Euro 2000 squad.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My analysis:

1/ When the f*ck has the coaching staff ever had the right to make the decision and not him? I'm sure that even Toshack's choices came after much fighting on his end.

1a/ This must be because he is not president at the moment, thus cannot approve/disapprove deals and is kicking himself in the ass for calling elections early.

2/ The greatest players in the world are already at Real Madrid and we don't need much more? Guys, when your president says *that* you know you're fu*ked! =) We have great pools of talent, but I still remind everyone that, for whatever reason, we still we're 5th in La Liga.

3/ No Spending spree? Celades? Cesar? Solari? Possibly Munitis? Almost Pires?

Whatever my opinions of his person, I still think it would be unwise to get rid of Anelka yet. I think it would be bad for all parties involved for him to leave.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Do you want the worst case scenario?

Anelka leaving for PSG, has an awesome season there next year while we buy Milosevic/whoever else that performs poorly (or average at the most).
What do we have then? Us kicking our a**sses and being the laughing stock of the football market just like a lot of Italian "prominent" clubs. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! :(

Want more? We'll have sold him short of $6 million too!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We're in trouble!:mad: I agree with you totally Hala! We cannot take that risk, not only will we become the laughing stock of Europe, but the players will lose faith in our team. Everyone who comes flops! That sais a lot about the club, and we've already lost Pires because of that:mad: I hope someone sloves this riddle, because to be honest I'm tired...and confused:confused:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Should we really discuss it over and over again?
My standard:
1) Never sell a YOUNG player without getting benefits from him!...So in the case of Anelka, if someone doesn't offer us >$35M, KEEP him!!!
2) Never flow $ among the players with the same quality. OK, I never consider Anelka as a TRUE talent, but how about Milosevic? He's in the same level as Anelka indeed. So why we spend time on those dealings?

From what we see, in next year, Raul and Mori probably are still our regular forwards, does it really matter to have Anelka sitting on the bench (even though we might still blame him doing nothing for Real)?....and what if Mori/Raul is injury or not in form, Anelka can do something for us (as last year in CL)....he has this ability, I'm sure.

The only thing we should hope for is that Anelka doesn't make much troubles (and doesn't give many "freak talks") for the team.....then he is OK to stay here.

[Edited by real player on 06-07-2000 at 01:43]

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I don't see Anelka's role changing for this year and I don't see his attitude improving (I want him to stay, but there are some truths to realise). I'm sure that he will cut practices because he is tired of being on the bench.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I agree, but something I just realised, may be the answer - how about loaning Anelka - I know, I know, this is not any kind of a solution, but how about he goes to PSG for an offer like this:
1) you pay his wages, I remind you this is 95,000 $ weekly!
2) if he scores less than 10 goals in the regular season, you buy him for the 29 mln$!

haha, do you think they'll settle for it?:) I really don't know what to do, but something will certainly happen --> you did make me realise something Pablo, as much as I want Anelka to stay the facts are he will indeed bring more trouble, because he simply isn't as good as R&M (for the moent at least). And he is deemed to sit on the bench a ot, and how will he react? If anyone can answer this one I'll send him my autograph:D hehe, seriously though, it's just sooo risky, the club really can't afford another scandal, it's just so boring, and it hurts the players especially. I just wish that dumb brother of Nic's would leave him be - he is a very bad influence to him:mad:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
In my book labas, Nico is a much much greater talent than Mori. He has all the potential to outclass him and leave him on the bench. If he sets his mind to work none of us will even remember Mori in a couple of years.

The question is though, will he?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if I'd go that far Hala, but I think maybe a loan could be an option. I remember it being discussed here several months ago.

I guess we'll just have to see what del Bosque's plans are.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I wouldn't go that far Hala - I know you're french, but Morientes just turned 24 too. That's very young and dare me say, he' achieved more than 22 year old Nic. I know that 2 years is a lot in a players career, but Nic has realy ruined it for himself with all thos scandals. I hope he'll be great one day, but the question is, will he be in Real than? It's so sad, we have to discuss this so much. I remember the loan thing too Pablo, but I say a- I have no idea what to do! Poor del Bosque:) And to discuss Nicola$ himself, Hala did you see him play in the Premiersh|t? don't you think he was great there?, and look at him now, he doesn't look quick anymore!:mad: Also he seems to have lost that touch of a great striker, i dunno what to think, but for me something has goe very wrong woth Ni and it's not only his mind...:eek:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
You know, a talent is a talent, it's always there, the problem is it doesn't shine unless you work on it (which Nico doesn't do for the moment).

It has nothing to do with my being half-French, Nico has been nothing but a pain in the ass for my club and that's enough to make me want to get rid of him.
But I deeply believe Nico is more of a gifted player than Mori. Look at the money thrown at his feet from every direction!!! Nowhere near Mori's figures (how much was Roma's bid on him?). I know that figures don't tell the exact truth, but they're an indication, right?

I'd just hate to see us act like another e.g. Inter Milan that got rid of Roberto Carlos on the grounds that he was no good for them. An undeniable talent, yet, look where hasty decisions lead...

P.S. And the age difference is 3 years, Mori born 1976, Nico 1979.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, that's your opinion, I thought Nico could be one of the greatest, when i saw him at Arsenal at age 19. But it has all gone, he's not the player he used to be...And i don't think ti'll come back either:mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think a good start for him would be getting a new agent. His brothers mean well, but I think they brainwash him into having certain attitudes. It just seems that once that much money gets involved, better not to work with your family.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I couldn't agree more! I mean his brother has been the cause for many of his problems. Why can't Nic see this?:( BTW if you happn to be reading this Nicola$, I might find the time to take over from him:D:D:D hehe

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I just read on the Italian forum of Mianmania that Milan have offered 35 BIllion Lire + Bierhoff for...Nico Anelka!!!It's also believed that next week he should come to Milanello to do his medical tests...
If he can get rid of the very harmful influence of his brothers, who are also his agents, he will really be a phenomenon!He has it all: speed, technic, the flair for goals and he's only 21!

Welcome Nico!
Bienvenu Nico!
If he comes, Real will be really regretting that move!

Forza Anelka!
Forza Magico Milan!
The world is ours...once again!

the world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...again...and again!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Come on Labas, don't be so disapointed!!!:)You get in exchange $+Bierhoff (Golden Head!):):):)

Forza Magico Labas!:):):)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts