Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pep to Return?

OK, don't kill me for starting this thread. I normally hate these threads, but it's Pep we're talkin' 'bout here!

Both EMD and Sport are carrying the story. They say that he could be the midfield option for us in January. Sport claims that he can move if a bid comes in while EMD says that we'd only take him on a free. Also, he's reportedly impressing and his current employer, Al Alhi de Qatar, wants to offer him an extended contract. IMO it's a long shot and I haven't seen him play since he left us, but I love this guy and I would like to see him back at the club some day.

Jordi Cruyff was also mentioned as a possible January signing as well.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Nahh..I don't think Rijkaard wants him. He's a football brainer in midfield, not a physical DM we need!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
EMD is reporting that Luis Enrique is returning to Barcelona, the article sounded sure about that........ Imagine Eto'o and Enrique in the Bernabeu!!!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Lucho the 9 that barça need ?

In Mundo Deportivo today we have an article of the possible come bask of Luis Enrique in Barcelona. It should be a great surprise but I like it

The Barça wants that Luis Enrique offs-hook the boots

After tracking the market it has reached the conclusion that the Asturian one is the ' 9 ' ideal to replace Larsson

Writing / BARCELONA

28/12/04 03:00 h.Luis Enrique can be the draftee pump of the winter market that opens next the 1 of January. The FC Barcelona has tracked all the national and international panorama and has reached the conclusion that nobody fits better than the Asturian one to cover in the second part with the season the loss by injury with the Swedish Henrik Larsson. The confirmation of the news, that it can be immediate through the Web of the club and the one of the own player (www.LuisEnrique21.com), will make happy to million of Barcelonist, that already rub the together hands imagining the one that can organize Luis Enrique and Samuel Etóo the next time that the azulgrana equipment visits Santiago Bernabéu.

The club has put the five senses in the incorporation of the nine, trying to obtain the quadrature of the circle: to be engaged in to a great player without a hard investment. They asked for Batistuta, Carew, even for Anelka. All were excited with coming to the Camp Nou, even for months... until they commented the wage.

The problem worsened the talent of the equipment of Joan Laporta, Txiki Begiristain, Frank Rijkaard and Sandro Rosell, who had another luminous idea: why not to propose to Luis Enrique to him who offs-hook the boots until June? The advantages are many and the incovenientes, no. First, Luis Enrique is a symbol of the barcelonismo. Second, responds to the ' Larsson' profile that wanted Rijkaard, by veteranship, quality and integration in the style of game. Third, it would clip any spying of resurrection of the madridists forces, for which to say to Luis Enrique is as to say alive Fidel Castro in the White House. The fifth, ex- player is that he physically leaves, as recently demonstrated when running the Jean Bouin in Barcelona. As much he is so until stage of Peralada is seriously valued to postpone its last incorporation not to leave in evidence to average group. Sixth, Luis Enrique could fulfill a dream; to return to be a man of area like in its beginnings in the Sporting, with a smaller route to the one of its years of fullness.

The negotiation is in its definitive phase: Luis Enrique returns

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
I don't know if he is the suitable candidate (probably not) BUT BRING HIM BAAAACK YES YES YES.... I can't get enough of LE no matter how old he gets!!!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
In Mundo Deportivo today an article for Guardiola return

Guardiola, only if it comes free

28/12/04 03:00 h. Aside from the front center, the initial exposition of the technical body azulgrana was to obtain the cession of midfield of quality. The ideal candidate was the juventino Alessio Tacchinardi, but their high quotation and its wage(five million euros) have parked that option. So practically the draftee of a pivot is discarded. A bullet in the firing chamber, seemed to the option only has left Luis Enrique. One is Pep Guardiola, that militates in the Al-Ahli de Qatar, club that he tries to renew to him by his excellent yield. Before the suggestion of a possible return to the Barça, the one that outside azulgrana captain has delegated any conversation in his representative, Josep Maria Orobitg. In principle, to Pep he enjoys the idea to him to play in eleven like the present one, that remembers the best years to him of the Dream Team. But the club, before the budgetary scarcities, only him ficharía if it accepts to return free

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
zyad said:
I don't know if he is the suitable candidate (probably not) BUT BRING HIM BAAAACK YES YES YES.... I can't get enough of LE no matter how old he gets!!!
fans are imagining yet LE and Eto'o in Bernabeu !! He could play few games he is not bad and enjoying victories with him is an advantage. Into the team he gives motivation to everyones, also he can help new players from youth team, and players with less experiences. In many points he could help us

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
How about a players exchange between RM and Barça? I would send you Zidane over for Ronaldinho......you seem to have a weak spot for oldtimers!:pp:D

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
lili said:
How about a players exchange between RM and Barça? I would send you Zidane over for Ronaldinho......you seem to have a weak spot for oldtimers!:pp:D
I prefer to send you Luis Enrique,exchanged with Morientes ?

in past times one more time you showed yr weaknesses to evaluate skills potential of yr players :smileani:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
mateo21 said:
fans are imagining yet LE and Eto'o in Bernabeu !! He could play few games he is not bad and enjoying victories with him is an advantage. Into the team he gives motivation to everyones, also he can help new players from youth team, and players with less experiences. In many points he could help us

I am being serious about wanting him back... I wasn't joking.

But if he is suitable to play as a lone striker in this system is what I doubt.

Still it doesn't matter to me. I still think he can a good man off the bench and behind the scenes.

BRING BACK LUCHO!!!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I thought you want to win titles this season, so you should go for younger players. LE wouldn't be any improvment of your short bench, no matter of his attitude and great personality.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
zyad said:
I am being serious about wanting him back... I wasn't joking.

But if he is suitable to play as a lone striker in this system is what I doubt.

Still it doesn't matter to me. I still think he can a good man off the bench and behind the scenes.

BRING BACK LUCHO!!!
I'm happy that he can come back too. A good professional who can during few minutes being very important, also he has skills to score, in 97/98 first titles of Van Gaal he was scoring a lot. Also everybody knows how he is motivated and it is good to have Puyol, lucho, and Eto'o players who wants to fight to win

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
If Pep comes back, the first thing I am gong to do is order a brand new jersey with his name, and number (which Rafa will HAVE to give up!)...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think Rijkaard woulddefiintely get Pep back. Afterall, didn't Rijkaard play that position as well? And didn't he return at that age to the club he grew up at? And didn't he win the CL that year? So: he'll get Pep back and we will win the CL :D

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
well the reason I want him back is purely selfish... I don't want my last memory of him as a blaugrana to be that teary press conference... that shit was depressing to me, and I would love to see him again in a Barça winning something...

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
man its just like a dream comes true..

seeing Pep and Luis Enrique back..

the famous 4 + 21 jersy..

man I can't wait too see it happen, I'll order 2 with 4 and 21 ...

both players been my best and favourite since ever..

I'd sell my soul to see Enrique + Eto'o + Morients play for Barca in Bernabeu!!

man I think fans there will die if anyone score, hahaha

Visca el Barca..

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
maybe LUCHO is old in his age..

but sure he's still young in his HEART.. and he'll help Barca this season.

he can be addon for the team, and gives the young players a Symbol to look for.

and he's the best..

JUST BRING HIM BACK...

hell to Crew and anyother...

if it not Anelka..

THEN ITS LUIS ENRIQUE..

Visca el Barca

1 - 20 of 73 Posts