Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great matchday in preview as Sporting will travel to Boavista and they are very unlikely to have Douala and Enakarhire available, just like Custódio. Douala is a bit more likely to recover but even if he makes it, he won't be 100% fit. Will Jaime Pacheco bench João Pinto and bet on Toñito? Hugo Almeida seems to be in a great moment and he even scored a great goal at Slovakia (u21). On the other hand, the kid João Moutinho (MOM against Porto) will get a starting spot again, after debuting with the u21 NT. Must win for Sporting, who go for this match with much more pressure than Boavista.

Porto are, once again, forced to beat Gil Vicente but they can't count on Pedro Emanuel, Seitaridis and Benni. Hélder Postiga scored in the last two NT matches and he will have Couceiro's confidence for this one. I'm not sure but I think the last Porto home win was in September or November, against Moreirense (?).

Benfica have a tough task against Marítimo. Mariano Barreto left the club due to personal reasons and Juca took control. It will be Marítimo's debut with their new coach and there might be some changes in the usual eleven. Yet Trapattoni's main doubt is whether he will select Karadas or Nuno Gomes. Petit seems to be recovering well from injury.

Death matches in Académica-Estoril and Beira-Mar - Penafiel. Moreirense are also desperate to get a win match against Belenenses. Guimarães will play Friday against Rio Ave and they will try to keep their outstanding moment. Rio Ave will make his first match since centre-back Franco left the club this week to FC Seul, joining the other ex-Rio Ave Ricardo Nascimento.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Seems like an interesting matchday indeed. If Benfica is still 6 clear after these matches it would be another massive step towards the title.
My predictions: Benfica a win, Porto a draw, Sporting a loss... ;)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Wow ... that would be the third Benfica-matchday in a row... and I gotta catch some sleep now :eek: ... argh those computer games, I can tell :D

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Porto aren't well but I don't see them losing points at home again. Maniche and Costinha are in awful form and that's one big worry for Couceiro.. let's see. Gil Vicente aren't that well either, even if they won Nacional in the last matchday. Their commanding centre-back Marcos António is doubtful because he's loaned by Porto and he might not play.

There's a funny thing around the new Marítimo coach Juca. In 1987, Marítimo coach Stefan Lundin was fired and Juca assumed control, precisely at Estádio da Luz. Benfica won 3-1 and were champions in that season. Newspapers are "forcing" a full-house on Sunday against Marítimo and there are already 40.000 tickets sold which is quite good. I wouldn't be surprised if Karadas starts and Nuno Gomes, still recovering from injury, would sit on bench. Anyway, I read that Juca is likely to make some changes in the usual eleven so there's some expectation. Good news is that Luís Filipe is probably going to be benched, such as defensive midfielder Wênio.

If Douala misses the Bessa match it would be a tremendous blow. He's the main key player in the squad, the one that decides every single 1 to 1 and could origin an assist or a shot. Sporting were getting used to his excellent form and now Sá Pinto could return to the centre-forward position again.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Douala and Enak out

Marítimo will use Marcos; Luís Filipe, van der Gaag, Tonel, Briguel; Chainho, Wênio; Alan, Silas, Manduca; Pena.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Oh Pena ... this man is a weapon ... it's just theirs no suiting ammunition :eek:

·
Administrator
25,391 Posts
are u sure about douala and the best defender of the portuguese league out?:D

ill believe it, when i see it...peseiro always says a couple key players are out, and then they turn up like by miracle :wallbang:

·
Administrator
25,391 Posts
Bier said:
Oh Pena ... this man is a weapon ... it's just theirs no suiting ammunition :eek:

are u trying to grab gabriel alves spot? :pp :D

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
inacio said:
are u sure about douala and the best defender of the portuguese league out?:D

ill believe it, when i see it...peseiro always says a couple key players are out, and then they turn up like by miracle :wallbang:
hmm actually Sporting's medical department is quite accurate in their decisions and there aren't many doubts when a player is unavailable or not. check out the select players for tomorrow

Guarda-redes: Ricardo e Tiago
Defesas: Rogério, Miguel Garcia, Mário Sérgio, Polga, Beto, Paíto e Rui Jorge
Médios: Carlos Martins, Pedro Barbosa, Rodrigo Tello, Rochemback, João Moutinho e Hugo Viana
Avançados: Niculae, Sá Pinto, Liedson e Mota

Probable 11 should be:

----------------Ricardo---------------
-Rogério---Polga------Beto----Rui Jorge-
-------------João Moutinho------------
--Pedro Barbosa-Rochemback-Viana------
------Sá Pinto--------Liedson-----------

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
inacio said:
are u trying to grab gabriel alves spot? :pp :D
:D As if you wished for it ... here are some highlights:

Gabriel Alves e o polivalente Paulinho Santos:
"... é um jogador polivalente na defesa, que tanto joga a central como a central de marcação."
Gabriel Alves contínua:
"Vejam como Paulinho Santos não deixa Sá Pinto penetrar!!!"

Gabriel Alves comenta uma excelente defesa de Silvino ao serviço do FC Porto:
"Eeee pá... Silvino... a levar a mão às bolas..."

Gabriel Alves comenta a juventude de Hugo Leal:
"Este jogador é uma jovem esperança do futebol português que se não se vislumbrar nem embandeirar em arco se poderá concretizar numa certeza."

Gabriel Alves e a nova táctica que Souness aplicou no Benfica:
"O Benfica está em excelente forma, a jogar num 3x4x3x3"
(this one is too good ... Souness will find it hard to explain why still he did only manage them to a vice-championship :D )

Gabriel Alves comenta um excelente pormenor técnico de um jogador:
"... trabalhando muito bem debaixo das pernas do adversário"

·
Administrator
25,391 Posts
Bier said:
:D As if you wished for it ... here are some highlights:

Gabriel Alves e o polivalente Paulinho Santos:
"... é um jogador polivalente na defesa, que tanto joga a central como a central de marcação."

Gabriel Alves contínua:
"Vejam como Paulinho Santos não deixa Sá Pinto penetrar!!!"

Gabriel Alves comenta uma excelente defesa de Silvino ao serviço do FC Porto:
"Eeee pá... Silvino... a levar a mão às bolas..."

Gabriel Alves comenta a juventude de Hugo Leal:
"Este jogador é uma jovem esperança do futebol português que se não se vislumbrar nem embandeirar em arco se poderá concretizar numa certeza."

Gabriel Alves e a nova táctica que Souness aplicou no Benfica:
"O Benfica está em excelente forma, a jogar num 3x4x3x3"
(this one is too good ... Souness will find it hard to explain why still he did only manage them to a vice-championship :D )

Gabriel Alves comenta um excelente pormenor técnico de um jogador:
"... trabalhando muito bem debaixo das pernas do adversário"
im dying here :D LOL we must have the gayiest league around :howler:

and that 3 x 4 x 3 x3 is a classic, i think i heard him say that a couple times:D maybe he should be our coach :howler:

i think we should have a thread with gabriels poetry alone:D

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he's a myth, no doubt.

Some hours before Inter-Porto I watched some commentators in RTP-N making the preview of the match. There was Luís Castro there (Penafiel's coach) and he said: "there's the doubt about who will play next to Adriano. Martins has a back injury but if he can't make it there will be Cruz who is a player in the same style". Brilliant stuff.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But if we're talking about fantastic sentences in football we must talk in José Marinho, SportTv commentator.

Talking about Arrieta's (Estoril) possible transfer to South Korea

"...o grupo tem todos os jogadores disponíveis. Mas novidades, novidades, só no continente asiático onde Arrieta...bla bla bla"

There are hundreds of Marinho but my head is too tired now!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
inacio said:
i think we should have a thread with gabriels poetry alone:D
It would definately be worth it :D

Get some sleep LPC and then come up with more Marinho-stuff! Can't wait :D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sporting is just killing Boavista ... finally no one will tell me Boavista are title contenders anymore... :D

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Rod said:
Sporting is just killing Boavista ... finally no one will tell me Boavista are title contenders anymore... :D
Well, that's the good side of it ... but this Sporting-victory put's an extremely high pressure on Benfica tomorrow. Forza Calcio di Trap :D (I got no clue if this is correct italian though, but I think it needed to be said ;) )

·
Administrator
25,391 Posts
a tie would have been much better, but sporting really did play well, and boavista was just a joke...their defense was simply non existant ,and their midfield...dear lord, they didnt even put any any pressure watsoever on the sporting players who had the ball :rollani:

i think the pressure on us will be big either way, its just the way its gonna be till the end, but at least we know sporting is gonna fall next week...we can rely on them to put up a good performance and result, and to screw up the following game:D

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
inacio said:
i think the pressure on us will be big either way, its just the way its gonna be till the end, but at least we know sporting is gonna fall next week...we can rely on them to put up a good performance and result, and to screw up the following game:D
Yeah, you got a point there, plus we have to hope for them to do as outstanding as thus far in the UEFA-Cup for much longer. Not only for them flying the portuguese flag this way but also for always losing the next match in SuperLiga ;) :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts