La Liga:
FC Barcelona vs. Real Madrid @ 18.15 UAE / 14.15 UK time

Serie A:
AS Roma vs. Napoli @ 20.00 UAE time / 16.00 UK time

inter milan vs. Juventus @ 22.45 UAE time / 18.45 UK time

Ligue 1:
Olympique de Marseille vs. Paris St. Germain @ 22.45 UAE / 18.45 UK time

Eredivisie:
Ajax vs. PSV Eindhoven @ 18.45 UAE / 14.45 UAE (literally 1st vs. 2nd, with a point separating them)

Extra:
West Ham United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (London derby, 7th vs. 5th respectively with a point separating them)
AS Monaco vs. Montpellier (South of France kind of derby with only a point separating them at lower-ish mid table)
Atletico Madrid vs. Real Sociedad (the latter are top of the league for now, as some other teams have games in hand)

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still the manager of Man United FC as I write this at this moment, is still beyond me.

Man's finished, and his side look completely lost of any ideas or purpose on the pitch. What happened yesterday is unacceptable at any level for MUFC.

Also, hand over the balon d'or to Mohamed Salah right now. Cancel the vote, just give it to him, coz he's literally the best active footballer on the planet and there is no debate on this topic.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just me or was La Liga's el Clasico very much an average affair?

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The derby d'Italia for Juve was a strange one. Why did Allegri put out a slightly weaker squad? Granted he got away with a point, that could've easily been a defeat in the first half especially.

Speaking of which Juve, this season have played a lot of good 1st halves, while shitting themselves in the 2nd. Last night was quite the opposite, they played a poor 1H while improving in the 2nd.

I guess it was a fair result.

·
Registered
80,163 Posts
My take on Ole and Man United is there is too much rotation in the team. He can't keep chopping and changing.

Ole needs to pick what he believes is his best 11 for the majority of opponents. Let them play 12-15 games together. Let them gel because the team are just individuals right now. They need to learn how to play with each other.

No point sacking Ole...bringing in another manager who brings in another 4-5 players and sells players. In 2 years time after a few bad results he'd be sacked too.

United need to support the current manager. At least buy one midfield player to come in during Jan...and at the end of the season see where the club's at.

More than enough talent currently in the squad. Time for some coaching! Especially defending.

·
Registered
67,116 Posts
My take on Ole and Man United is there is too much rotation in the team. He can't keep chopping and changing.

Ole needs to pick what he believes is his best 11 for the majority of opponents. Let them play 12-15 games together. Let them gel because the team are just individuals right now. They need to learn how to play with each other.

No point sacking Ole...bringing in another manager who brings in another 4-5 players and sells players. In 2 years time after a few bad results he'd be sacked too.

United need to support the current manager. At least buy one midfield player to come in during Jan...and at the end of the season see where the club's at.

More than enough talent currently in the squad. Time for some coaching! Especially defending.
So basically what you're saying is that Man U lack playing as a collective, can't defend and lack coaching. What is Solsjkaer doing in training then? Mind you Ole hasn't been appointed 2-3 months ago.

All top clubs have to rotate when they have 10-15 players on international duty and have to play every 3 days between leagues, cups and Europe.

Seriously, Salah scored the easiest hattrick ever in his life without having to do much and without being bothered by defenders, Keita and Jota were all alone on their goals, the assisters had acres of space not just the scorers. And those Man U players can't be that bad, they all play for their NTs. Literally all of them are international players.

So it's on the coach, and the sooner he is replaced by a real coach like Zidane or Conte, the better for Manchester United.

Reactions: LCF

·
Registered
80,163 Posts
So basically what you're saying is that Man U lack playing as a collective, can't defend and lack coaching. What is Solsjkaer doing in training then? Mind you Ole hasn't been appointed 2-3 months ago.

All top clubs have to rotate when they have 10-15 players on international duty and have to play every 3 days between leagues, cups and Europe.

Seriously, Salah scored the easiest hattrick ever in his life without having to do much and without being bothered by defenders, Keita and Jota were all alone on their goals, the assisters had acres of space not just the scorers. And those Man U players can't be that bad, they all play for their NTs. Literally all of them are international players.

So it's on the coach, and the sooner he is replaced by a real coach like Zidane or Conte, the better for Manchester United.

Remind me where did United finish last season?

There is zero doubt progress has been made.

Bringing Ronaldo and Sancho into a team unit doesn't happen in a few weeks... neither does bringing in a new defender. It took Vidic 6 months before he settled in. Same with Pallister and Stam (we all know how that season ended).

A week is a long time in football. United could go down to Spurs and win 0-3 while Citeh lose at home to Palace and Liverpool draw with Brighton. You never know....easy to be critical after a loss. But is a loss critical?

·
Registered
67,116 Posts
They finished 2nd last season 100 km behind City. Didn't Mourinho also finish 2nd before with United? Why was he fired then? Tottenham are generally struggling themselves, it's a pretty good result but it's about consistency and Solskjaer doesn't have that. One off good results here and there shouldn't be enough for a club that size and budget.

·
Registered
80,163 Posts
They finished 2nd ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool. Who finished a lot further back to Citeh.

Just imagine down the years how many bad results and bad runs SAF suffered. When I say bad runs I don't mean the diarrhea he suffered on the motorway ;)

Most of the time it was a wake up call the club needed.

José finished a superb 2nd. A great achievement....I would have fought to keep him. He did however lose the dressing room and started petty fights with the club's hierarchy. That's why he was sacked. Ole clearly hasn't lost the players. He's not fighting with the hierarchy. It's not even November and the club had a bad result. No need for drama.

Good times ahead.

·
Registered
Valencia CF
318 Posts
Good times ahead as in?

United will not fight for CL or PL titles under Ole.

If good times ahead means finishing 4th and maybe winning the EL, then yeah I guess.

·
Registered
67,116 Posts
They finished 2nd ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool. Who finished a lot further back to Citeh.

Just imagine down the years how many bad results and bad runs SAF suffered. When I say bad runs I don't mean the diarrhea he suffered on the motorway ;)

Most of the time it was a wake up call the club needed.

José finished a superb 2nd. A great achievement....I would have fought to keep him. He did however lose the dressing room and started petty fights with the club's hierarchy. That's why he was sacked. Ole clearly hasn't lost the players. He's not fighting with the hierarchy. It's not even November and the club had a bad result. No need for drama.

Good times ahead.
Liverpool won the CL in 2019 and the title in 2020 and have a top coach, a bad season is ok, can be forgiven. Chelsea won the CL last season and have a top coach and he arrived midseason. And in any case 2nd in the league isn't that different compared to 3rd/4th.

Ferguson did wonders with Aberdeen before he was given the United job, different situation compared to Solskjaer. Solskjaer didn't win a European trophy at the expense of Real Madrid and Bayern like Sir Alex did at Aberdeen. So it makes sense to give Ferguson time, he had earned it previously in his career. Solskjaer not so much..

A bad result isn't very accurate. They also lost to Leicester and Aston Villa, not to mention Young Boys. Sure everyone drops points and it's still early but losing 5-0 to Liverpool, 4-2 to Leicester and losing at home to Aston Villa aren't results indicative of a title challenger..

With Conte (that ship has sailed now) or Zidane this team can win the league next season imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts