Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Joined
·
3,578 Posts
TURKIYE BUYUK MILLET MECLISI'nin kurularak egemenligin halka birakilmasi sebebi ile kutlanan ve dunyada cocuklara adanmis tek gun olan 23 NISAN ULUSAL EGEMENLIK VE COCUK BAYRAMINIZ kutlu olsun :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For our non-Turkish members:

Today is the 23 April National Sovereignty and Children`s Day.

The one and only day in the world dedicated for children!!!!

Thank you for one of your many presents Mustafa Kemal Atatürk....:)





:proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mareşal Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (1922)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
25,391 Posts
happy sovereignity and childrens day :)

ps: 1st of june is childrens day here btw, and in other countries too;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
inacio said:
happy sovereignity and childrens day :)

ps: 1st of june is childrens day here btw, and in other countries too;)
Is it a holiday?;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
25,391 Posts
Cengo said:
Is it a holiday?;)

unfortunately no:(

but we have quite a few as it is:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tolga said:
BTW, is that Pierre's son in that pic?
Nope....it's just another fanatic Fenerbahce fan like me! :pp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,971 Posts
Kutlu olsun :)

Cengo, will you be joining Butcher Yasko in the Norwegian celebrations today?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
inacio said:
unfortunately no:(

but we have quite a few as it is:D
Well, that's what im talking about.;)

Here in Türkiye there are big festivities all around Türkiye.

They invite children from all around the world to join a festivity where the children are representing their country by dancing a traditional folklor.

As i said Türkiye is the only country in the world that has dedicated a day for celebrating children....thanks to Mustafa kemal Atatürk! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jemster said:
Kutlu olsun :)

Cengo, will you be joining Butcher Yasko in the Norwegian celebrations today?
He lives in Stockholm ( i think) and im in Malmö.....;)

But i wouldnt mind dancing some halay.....:D
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
25,391 Posts
Cengo said:
Well, that's what im talking about.;)

Here in Türkiye there are big festivities all around Türkiye.

They invite children from all around the world to join a festivity where the children are representing their country by dancing a traditional folklor.

As i said Türkiye is the only country in the world that has dedicated a day for celebrating children....thanks to Mustafa kemal Atatürk! :)
well u didnt say the only country making it a holiday;)
coz 1st june is a day with celebrations too, in schools, in museums,concerts etc etc

but sounds very nice:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59,176 Posts
Cengo said:
As i said Türkiye is the only country in the world that has dedicated a day for celebrating children
you want a fight with Nakamura when he joins GS :nono: :pp

Japan celebrates it too as a public holiday in early May
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,015 Posts
Cengo said:
He lives in Stockholm ( i think) and im in Malmö.....;)

But i wouldnt mind dancing some halay.....:D

There were LOTS of halay. At the end of the day all chicks danced, while 95% of the boys were looking at them. It happens all the time when i am in turkish or greek parties. :dielaugh:

We had a folklore group from Turkey, the girl dancing in the front had a hell of a body! :drool:

Since the one of the anouncers had a problem with her voice, i had to step in sometimes in turkish and anouncing. :nervous: When the Greek group entered the stage, i had to give little bit "gaz" to the audiance, so i just copied the Fener anouncer from the Denizli game "yunanli kardeslerimize coskulu bir alkisla, hos geldiniz diyelim!!" :scream: :D The turks were applouding like maniacs after this :dielaugh: .

Lots of flags, lots of young people(mostly 20-30 year old) and it was fun, we had dance groups from Sweden, (swedish)Greece and some turkish dance groups..... :thmbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like you guys had lots of fun....:)

We used to have Turkish parties for every occasion....but that was long ago. Our dernek isnt as good as it was before....now it's mainly used for watching games and playing cards.....oh yes.....and smoking like chimneys....:rollani: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,015 Posts
Cengo said:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun....:)

We used to have Turkish parties for every occasion....but that was long ago. Our dernek isnt as good as it was before....now it's mainly used for watching games and playing cards.....oh yes.....and smoking like chimneys....:rollani: :D
I know the situation in Malmö, its unfortunate. I live in Gävle and this one was cooperation between several ascosiations under TUF, so i bet that there were some people from Malmö too... Like you say its fun to have days like this once or twice in year, especially for the youngest ones has the oppurtunity to meet other turks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like 10 years ago....a group of us started a "Turkisk ungdomsförening" but still under the original dernek. We started this because we wanted the Turkish youth to get together and have fun together. So, in the beginning it was mainly about arrangeing parties. These parties became very popular amongst the Turks and we had like over 200 guests in average at every party....some werent even Turks. These parties was liked most by the female Turks as it's very difficult for them to party otherwise....strickt parents and all!

But like always our "büyükler" got themselves a braindamage and thought we wanted to seperate from the original dernek, why would we.....????

So they started working against us...and eventually we got frustrated and quit one by one.....:rollani:

btw, im getting the euroturk magazine....:)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top