Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
23. leg of Serie B: Genoa - Torino Calcio 0:0

Match preview:
23. leg of Serie B (03.02.2005, thursday, 20:30)
Venue: Luigi Ferraris - Genoa
Genoa - Torino Calcio

Club info:
Official web-sites: Genoa - http://www.genoacfc.it; Torino - http://www.toro.it
Year of foundation: Genoa - 1893; Torino - 1906
Trophies won: Genoa - 9 championships and 1 cup; Toro - 8 championships and 5 cups
Managers: Genoa - Serse Cosmi; Torino - Ezio Rossi

Past meetings & current form:
Last meeting: 21.09.2004 in Turin, Torino won 2:1
Last season results: Torino - Genoa 1:0 and Genoa - Torino 2:1
Previous leg results: Pescara - Genoa 2:2; Torino - Ascoli 2:1
Current league position: Genoa - first with 48 points; Torino - fourth with 40 ponts

Conclusion:
One of the toughest matches in the season for Toro. Although there is a historical friendship between these two clubs I'm sure that on thursday night the players won't act like friends at all. Genoa is on the first place with 48 points, 8 more than Empoli, Perugia and Toro. So if we manage to win against the best team in the league until now on their stadium the self-confidence of the players will be on the highest possible level and it will be much easier in the following matches. On the other hand if we lose it will be very hard to raise the morale of the squad again. So let's hope that our players will give 101% of themselves and bring the three points in Turin!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i haven't but i know that Mudingay and Mantovani are banned and Balzaretti and Mezzano are still out.
So i've read that Comotto will play like central defender, and Pesaresi will be a starter instead of Balzaretti

·
Registered
7 Posts
This game could really make our season. It's gonna be difficult with so many players out and an emergency defence but this is what Toro are all about. Roll up your sleeves lads and do us proud with some Toro fighting spirit. Going up with Genova would be the perfect end to the season. I'm gutted because I can't go. Thursday evening I'll be at work trying to avoid the score so I can watch it when I get home. Won't be easy as I work with a few gobbi and if we lose they'll let me know! I missed last Sunday as well because I was ill and can't go to the Bari game as I'll be in Puglia. The only good thing about this is that Toro tend to win when I'm not there, so here's hoping it's a good omen!!

FORZA TORO !!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Rossi will probably bring these players on the pitch:

---------Marazzina-----Quagliarella---------
------------------Pinga--------------------
Codrea---------Cagnaccio--------Conticchio
Pesaresi---Peccarisi--Comotto------Carbone
------------------Berti---------------------

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With win or defeat the Genovesi will enter Serie A anyway. :cool: The match should start any moment, FORZA TOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
my dad and my granddad are watching the game on the room near mine...and i've just hear my grand screaming bad words...maybe i should watch the game too?:wallbang:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arianna said:
my dad and my granddad are watching the game on the room near mine...and i've just hear my grand screaming bad words...maybe i should watch the game too?:wallbang:
Of course you should! I wish I could watch Toro games on TV, now I have only Livescore. :wallbang:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
but i'm tired about that...i watch Toro since i was born:eek: :howler:
And i fear if i watcxh it i will get mad :rollani: (esp if Toro lose in a bad way,wasting all the impossible...like they are doing since i hear my grand only scream!:howler: )

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arianna said:
but i'm tired about that...i watch Toro since i was born:eek: :howler:
And i fear if i watcxh it i will get mad :rollani: (esp if Toro lose in a bad way,wasting all the impossible...like they are doing since i hear my grand only scream!:howler: )
Maybe you'll bring luck to the ragazzi by watching them. :shades:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first half should end every moment, there are still no goals. I have to go now, but I pray to see a good result when I come back.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.