Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first friendly of the new campaign. Probably a new manager. Not a serious match, probably one that would remind us of our 2-0 loss to Croatia with half of an average Sampdoria team (at the time).

I expect something similar, if Lippi takes over he will call back some of his usuals to install the faith back in, but he will try out many players IMO... No Fiorentina or Juve players should be called for their participation in the CL qualifiers. No Olympics players can be called either, obviously.

So at this moment my squad would look like:

Amelia, Curci (if not at olympics).

Bonera, Accardi, Loria, Zambrotta, Grosso, Modesto, Maybe Nesta if he returns (No Cannavaro if injured, Gamberini with Fiorentina, Chiellini with Juve as is Legrottaglie, Barzagli injured, Santacroce and Canini with olympic squad, Doessena with Liverpool).

Aquilani, De Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Palombo, Rosina

Borriello, Toni, Quagliarella, Cassano.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
With the Supercoppa Italiana match on August 24th, I doubt any Roma players will be called for this friendly.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The supercoppa will probably be irrelevant in determining selection, just as Serie A games were when Donadoni chose the squad for the friendlies with Portugal and Spain.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A stupid friendly really... unless this is just for mid-table Serie A players to be called :pp

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Portieri: Amelia (Palermo), Buffon (Juventus);
Difensori: Barzagli (Wolfsburg), Bonera (Milan), Cassetti (Roma), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Grosso (Olympique Lione), Zambrotta (Milan);
Centrocampisti: Aquilani (Roma), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Palombo (Sampdoria), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan);
Attaccanti: Del Piero (Juventus), Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus).

Del Piero :confused: :yuck: Why wont this guy just go away. Retire already!

I'm pretty disappointed to not see Gamberini (is he injured?) and I remember hearing rumors of Bovo getting a call which would definitely be better than Bonera getting called up. I wonder when, if ever, Donadel will get a call too............

Oh well, its just a friendly

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
where is cassano?

·
Registered
788 Posts
me neither, but then again, with the appointment of lippi,
anyone expected panucci & cassano to be dropped (just like he did in 2006).

gila? :yuck: , bonera :yuck:
Bonera over Gamberini? Wow.

Every time i think of Cassetti now, i have the image of C. Ronaldo bulldozing him like a rag doll. The guy is already 31.

Barzagli? Probably the most overrated defender in Italy.

Gattuso & Perrotta : guys who are clearly passed it now.

Whatever. Lippi has a plan, and he knows better than me what's best for this squad. I was just hoping to see fresh faces

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
He actually called up alot of the regular NT players? Its not a team of Sampdoria and Palermo players as usual?

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
buffon; zambrotta, barzagli, chiellini, grosso; aquilani, de rossi, pirlo; camoranesi, iaquinta, di natale.

or for preparation:

buffon; zambrotta, barzagli, chiellini, grosso; aquilani, de rossi, pirlo; camoranesi, gilardino, iaquinta.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts