Xtratime Community banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Heard nothing about van Beek. I don't expect anyone to want him now with his injury.

Senesi would be a replacement for Botteghin who is going into the last year of his contract.

So with 8 days left in the transfer window:

Possible departures:
- Jan-Arie vd Heijden - free transfer to...
- Yassin Ayoub - missing from the last three squads, officially because his wife is about to give birth

Possible arrivals:
- Marcos Senesi - 7m euros for 80% of his transfer rights?
- some striker - probably on loan or a freebie

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
What?! A striker?! Who needs a striker going into three competitions?? We need more centre backs ....

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Some Turkish site linked us to Adam Szalai, but he has signed for Mainz.

Jan-Arie vd Heijden has been linked to Panathinaikos, but they apparently want to offer him less than the 590k a year he apparently earns at Feyenoord.

Radio Rijnmond has confirmed that Ayoub is being allowed to leave the club.

Both Ayoub and vd Heijden have been left out of the squad to travel to Israel.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Ayoub must feel good about his trip to Rotterdam. Though the fact that two coaches considered him surplus to requirements might suggest something. Still, he looked quite convincing when on.

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ayoub might had more luck had Gio had stuck by Clasie the whole time, but who knows, maybe the Feyenoord coaches will be proven right. Looks so with Amrabat who didn't make it at Club Brugge too.

Looks like we might be seeing a change from the spend 4m on a promising midtable Eredivisie player Martin van Geel days.

We've been linked by France Football to Chilean striker Ignacio Jeraldino who plays for Audax Italiano. Price 1,5m euros

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
We've been linked by France Football to Chilean striker Ignacio Jeraldino who plays for Audax Italiano. Price 1,5m euros
Well, that would be a change. That's a good name at least. Hope he'll be good if we get him! Apparently he's just had a breakthrough season in Chile, but that's not saying much about how he'd do in Eredivisie. Anyhow, as long as we get a striker who should be able to score goals, I'm happy. Can't really think of anyone else. Either we'd get someone a bit out of the box type like Jeraldino, or maybe a veteran from somewhere as a clear back-up, like we did with Michael Mols back then (and I thought he did well for what was expected of him).

Oh re: Ayoub, yeah, could be. Though with Amrabat I thought from the first time I saw him he's not good enough. Good physical and technical attributes but didn't know how to play football; no football intelligence whatsoever. Ayoub seemed like a pretty intelligent player to me, at least attacking wise. Saw some good passes from him, and a few goals too. Amrabat was just running around.

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We've now been linked to a 24 year old Peruvian defender called Miguel Araujo from Alianza Lima who's apparently in Holland to conclude a deal according to his agent. He'd cost a lot less than Senesi, but he's not rated as highly as him either. We'll see what comes of it.

Winger Summerville has been linked to Cambuur, but that deal hasn't been concluded yet. Feyenoord are hoping to loan him to an Eredivisie club and playing a waiting game.

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Bart Nieuwkoop has joined Willem II on loan. He extended his Feyenoord by a year before being sent out on loan.

Crysencio Summerville has joined ADO on loan. Cambuur will be disappointed. Only 17 years old.

Marcos Senesi looks to have played his last game for San Lorenzo. The club's vice president has more or less confirmed that he's going to Feyenoord.

On the striker front, John Guidetti is being offered around :D no link to Feyenoord yet. Anderlecht have been linked to him. Don't know what to make of it, if he were to be linked. He hasn't done much since his loan spell here.
There still are free agents around btw. Wilfred Bony, Jonathas, Emanuel Emmenike, Victor Anichebe :D, Seydou Doumbia.
Better to find a younger player, but I doubt we have any money. Could also give Bannis a real chance instead of playing Narsingh up front when Jorgensen is injured again.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I think if we're desperate and if we trust Jorgi still, we might just as well get a more experienced striker in my view, as a stand in, but who can also start if needed. Not sure if Bannis is ready to properly stunt for Jorgi in case he's out for longer still or won't be able to find his form. In fact I doubt he's ready judging from what I've seen thus far.

Still think it's weird we're getting another CB.

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
The Chilean seems to have disappeared off the radar.

https://youtu.be/Xi76gdvBTsw

Senesi has meanwhile signed. Sums of between 6 and 7,5m euros are being mentioned by the media. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

4 year deal for our new LCB.

·
Registered
58,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
In the end we signed no striker. Jan-Arie is still at the club too (Istanbul Basaksehir went for Martin Skrtel instead of him).

Toornstra and Jorgensen are expected to make the squad for the game against ADO on the 15th of September, with Jens being the fitter of the two.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts