Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incoming rumours, not much yet:

- Adam Maher is available on a free. Could be a replacement for Clasie or Vilhena, but quite a few clubs are reportedly interested in him (Championship and Turkish ones)

Outgoing rumours:

- Bart Nieuwkoop to PEC if Kingsley Ehizibue goes to FC Köln

- As mentioned in the other thread, Steven Berghuis to PSV

We can do with some contract renewals too.

All in all, it'd be surprising if this were to be a quiet summer.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Apparently Maher has signed with Utrecht, so so much for that. We'll see what comes.
Will he play the same position that Simon Gustafson was playing? Gustafson had a very good season with Utrecht, 11 goals and probably an equal number of assists. Utrecht will be playing in the Europa League qualifiers in August.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At AZ, Maher played closer to defence. I guess his position at Utrecht it'll depend on who will get sold.

Quiet week for us on the transfer front. Vague rumours from abroad link us to a Nigerian kid in Sweden and a Ghanaian winger at Waasland Beveren. We'll probably hear nothing about it next week.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Neither a transfer nor a rumour, but it has been stated in another forum that Sinisterra made quite an impression during the Under-20 World Cup.

Colombia faces on Wednesday its third match in the Under 20 World Cup against Tahiti, with the firm intention of securing its qualification for the last eight. The 'cafeteros' cling to the goals of 'Cucho' Hernandez and the fantasy of Luis Sinisterra, the king of dribbling in the tournament that is being played in Poland.

Sinisterra is a must for Arturo Reyes. The coach fully relies on the Feyenoord footballer. And reasons are not lacking for what it contributes both in defense and in attack. In the Colombian national team they are happy with the performance of a player with a great physical display in the 180 minutes he has played in the matches against Senegal and Poland.

According to instascout data, Luis Sinisterra is fundamental in defensive tasks with four balls stolen per game, which makes him an aid for the side. In the first games of Colombia played on the left wing where he always tried to create danger by contributing a lot in attack.

The Colombian end has 90.1% of completed passes, but it is in the imbalance where its best version is being seen. When the defenses are closed and are more impenetrable appears the magic of Sinisterra, who has 17 dribbles attempted in just two games, with 83% success.

Many scouts are very attentive in this Under 20 World Cup. At the moment, Luis Sinisterra intends to stay at Feyenoord after completing his first year in Holland. It is expected that next season have more minutes and increase their participation in the team. About to turn 20, his future in Europe is more than promising.

From the Spanish Marca website.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully he'll get a chance. We're pretty much now waiting for a club to make a bid for one of our players before doing anything in the transfer market.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting news involving a former player of ours. AZ are said to be interested in taking Jordy Clasie on loan for next season. Clasie has already held talks with new AZ coach Arne Slot. He also comes from Noord Holland.
Feyenoord apparently aren't interested in his services for next season. To be fair he wasn't all that great at all last season. Van Bronckhorst gave him the benefit of the doubt throughout the season and played him every single game. Now Ayoub will have more of a proper chance of showing what he's worth.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Saw an interesting blurb on FB, something about Luciano Narsingh stating that he has positive feelings towards Feyenoord. Does that mean we are looking at him? Does he come to Rotterdam while Berghuis heads the other direction?

Just watched Peru down Chile 3-0 in the Copa America semi-final. Tapia looked good in central midfield, and gave a nifty through ball to Guererro for the 3rd goal. Hopefully, Feyenoord make better use of him this season or he will be gone to a club that recognises his talent.

How will the midfield look this season? Kokcu, Toornstra, Ayoub? Toornstra, Ayoub, Tapia? Since Feyenoord is stuck on the 4-3-3, how do you see the middle three?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
The news has it that Leroy Fer will join Feyenoord at their summer camp in Austria in an attempt to train back into playing form. No contractual arrangement yet, but if he could get fit again, that could be a big plus for his hometown squad.

https://www.feyenoord.nl/nieuws/nieuwsoverzicht/leroy-fer-traint-bij-feyenoord---070719?fbclid=IwAR2k2TcDr36rbZIr8YfLwAPvSFblcckiRUemfZm2tH8vYpM613gTVC7ONz0

Leroy Fer will be training with Feyenoord in the near future. At the club where he was trained, broke through and left eight seasons ago, the 29-year-old midfielder wants to fully recover from his last injury and get fit again.

Feyenoord is happy to cooperate and tomorrow the player will go directly to training camp to Austria. Fer and Feyenoord emphasize that there is currently no contractual situation.

Leroy Fer and Feyenoord have a long history with each other. The moment the midfielder made his debut in the first team at the age of seventeen, he was already part of the youth academy for eight years. From 2007 to 2011, Fer played a total of 104 official games for Feyenoord, in which he scored fourteen times and became international.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fer will probably be soon offered a contract once he's fully fit.

There's also a rumour that we are interested in Reading midfielder Liam Kelly. He played a lot under Stam, but fell out of favour after that. Rumours say he's available for 500k.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today's most interesting rumour was that Lokomotiv Moscow want Renato Tapia. Cruz Azul also apparently want him.
We paid €1,5m for him back in 2016. Thanks to his caps for Peru we might not make a loss on him.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tapia turned down Lokomotiv Moscow :D they were prepared to pay him good wages and Feyenoord a few million.
Rumours say he wants to secure a Dutch passport, which he should actually already be eligible for since he joined Twente in the summer of 2013. You only need 5 years here, so I'm not sure about that story.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
So how do you rate Tapia versus Kelly? At least Tapia has the physique to play as a defensive mid; this Kelly ... <shaking my head>.

I can stand to finish third yet again, but I fear that we will sink to 7th or lower if Stam does not strengthen the midfield. And I mean STRONGER, not short little midgets.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Fer is plenty powerful. I think Kelly is supposed to be a regista type player, which would then designate the physical duties mostly to the other midfielders. I don't think player size is terribly important for most players; it's the quality of the player we should look at. That said, if Kelly is to start, we do need to balance that with at least one more physical midfielder. We have two enforcer at the back behind Kelly too. But we'll see. I have no idea what to expect of this season. Not expecting us to top the table though :D

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If he has a bodyguard next to him, he might succeed. Clasie without El Ahmadi hasn't really succeeded anywhere at club level too.

Got to at least try to be hopeful at the start of the season :D

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Fer is plenty powerful. I think Kelly is supposed to be a regista type player, which would then designate the physical duties mostly to the other midfielders.
Clocker, I had never seen this term before: regista. I had to look it up. Now I understand the role that Stam expects Mr. Kelly to play, and the need for a Toornstra or Fer to play alongside him.

I learned something today!! :D

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You get to see Pirlo whenever you type in regista :D
Jaap Stam is apparently the only manager in Kelly's career who has really rated him. Would be nice if it were to pan out well.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hahah, that's great Teak! But yeah I do share some of these concerns. Like Wally I hope things will pan out well and Kelly has had some good spells, but at the same time I have an eerie...presentiment that Stam is (more than) a bit of an idealist as a coach.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We've been linked to 18 year old Velez Sarsfield winger Alvaro Barreal. Feyenoord can only buy him if Berghuis is sold (which probably isn't unrealistic)

Feyenoord want a CB, striker (Jorgensen is out for 6 to 8 weeks!) and a winger. Wonder if Fer will be seen as a CB:|

1 - 20 of 53 Posts