Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hope we at least retain a significant portion of Ayoub's transfer rights. I fear not though. His contract will apparently be terminated
Ayoub is already in Athens to sign a 3,5 year contract.

Bozenik seems out of our reach.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Well alright then. Clearly Advocaat wasn't happy with Ayoub either. Maybe there's something about his personality or mentality then. On the pitch he looked good, at least for a rotation player.

As for Narsingh, I see him more as a Ruben Schaken type, very much a speed winger who can cross, and score the occasional goal. I guess he sees himself as more of a scoring attacker, but a great finisher he is not. The window's still open though right?

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Ayoub has joined Panathinkaikos.

Wout Burger has joined Excelsior on loan, currently 7th in the Jupiler League. Hopefully he'll play many games there. This leaves us with just Tapia on the bench for midfield.

De telegraaf and vi report that we're in pole position for Bozenik as the player wants to come here. I think we'll probably have to borrow money to get him.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I again saw some FB news that Bozenik is in Rotterdam and prefers joining Feyenoord over the other clubs that were chasing him.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes, Bozenik has passed his medical. He will reportedly sign a contract early next week. Fee hasn't been announced yet. Didn't expect it to happen as HSV and especially CSKA Moscow have more money.

A foreign based midfielder is expected to come on loan too next week. Haven't heard a name yet.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Robert Bozenik has signed! 4,5 year deal so he's tied till the summer of 2024.

20 years old - signed from MSK Zilina

Maybe money doesn't always talk as CSKA Moscow are so much more powerful than us. Still wonder how we paid for Bozenik. Dirk out of his pocket? :D

Dutch born Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Özyakup is reportedly the foreign based midfielder wanted on loan

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Advocaat has pretty much rubbished the Lewis Baker rumour.

Ozyakup is reportedly going to sign on loan today or tomorrow. 5m euro buy-out fee to possibly be included in the loan contract.
Wonder where Tapia was last night. No sign of him on the bench. Larsson was sick. Our bench was wafer-thin. We had like 4 defenders in Ie, Karsdorp, George Johnson (when / where will he get some playing time?) and Jan-Arie with Narsingh being the only other field player. Our third goalie now is Ramon ten Hove, but he was deemed to be surplus to requirements at FC Dordrecht. Hope he just had a blip and really isn't completely unsuitable for pro football, as both Bijlow and Marsman have had injuries this season.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Happy with Bozenik and if Ozyakup can get back to his old form, he might actually bring something different to our midfield. He's still only 27, so no reason why his career should fizzle out already. I think he just needs a new challenge and a change of scenery. And good to see a buyout clause there as well. If he really gets it going, 5 million is not a crazy amount.

I'm not expecting many goals from him though as he's only scored 2 during the last 2 and a half seasons. I know Advocaat mentioned he wanted a scoring midfielder.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

We got him. On loan till the end of the season.

No confirmation of the buy-out clause

but if he indeed can be the player of a few years back, then we've got someone decent.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Happy with Bozenik and if Ozyakup can get back to his old form, he might actually bring something different to our midfield. He's still only 27, so no reason why his career should fizzle out already. I think he just needs a new challenge and a change of scenery. And good to see a buyout clause there as well. If he really gets it going, 5 million is not a crazy amount.

I'm not expecting many goals from him though as he's only scored 2 during the last 2 and a half seasons. I know Advocaat mentioned he wanted a scoring midfielder.
Krle is back!! Not sure why you went into hiding, but you have to admit that Advocaat has brought this squad back into a competitive unit.

I thought that Kokcu was an attacking midfielder but his stats sure don't prove that. Ayoub brought more offense in the few minutes that he played than Kokcu has. Maybe Ozyakup takes Toornstra's spot (box-to-box) so that Jens can be the #10.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
We got him. On loan till the end of the season.

No confirmation of the buy-out clause

but if he indeed can be the player of a few years back, then we've got someone decent.
Feyenoord: resurrecting careers since who knows when.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Krle is back!! Not sure why you went into hiding, but you have to admit that Advocaat has brought this squad back into a competitive unit.

I thought that Kokcu was an attacking midfielder but his stats sure don't prove that. Ayoub brought more offense in the few minutes that he played than Kokcu has. Maybe Ozyakup takes Toornstra's spot (box-to-box) so that Jens can be the #10.
Just life bro. But I'm back now. ? Good to see everyone still around, hope life has been treating you guys well?

For sure, never been a fan of Dick (in general ?), but he's done a great job. Sure we've had our fair share of luck, but defensively we're much improved and he at least seems to be able to put the right players in the proper positions. I feared our youngsters would see limited playing time under Dick, but that's not been the case either, so I'm happy with him so far and wouldn't mind seeing him stay on for one more year.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I bet you're happy to see us take more risk in the transfer market with Senesi and Bozenik coming in :D

I wonder how Jacky is finding these half decent Greeks for Willem II btw. That LB on loan from last season is apparently going to Napoli for a lot of money and Pavlidis wasn't particularly doing much at Bochum.

No buy-out clause in Ozyakup's loan contract according to Radio Rijnmond. That's a shame.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
During the Emmen match, the English commentator stated that Feyenoord paid Euros 4m for Bozenik, which doesn't seem like too bad of a price for a promising striker.

Given the good spring form of Senesi and Sinisterra, it was also stated that Italian clubs are already looking at those two for next season. We finally get some good young South Americans, and the vultures start to circle.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Hehe. Yeah, funny point about the vultures Teak.

And welcome back Krle! I was skeptical about Advocaat as well, though after a few games under Stam I wouldn't have complained even if it had been my dad taking over. But I think we look more organized than in years now. Since Advocaat took over we've been the best performing club points wise. Fer, Kökcu, and the defenders have looked like different players altogether now.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Getafe made an enquiry for Senesi and thought about offering 9m euros. We apparently think we can get more in the summer (at least around 15m).

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
And welcome back Krle! I was skeptical about Advocaat as well, though after a few games under Stam I wouldn't have complained even if it had been my dad taking over. But I think we look more organized than in years now. Since Advocaat took over we've been the best performing club points wise. Fer, Kökcu, and the defenders have looked like different players altogether now.
Cheers mate!

Yep, apparently you can't underestimate the worth of experience. Honesty too, but that's one of the things I like about Dickie in general. I saw him on Dutch talk show last night and you can tell he doesn't get phased by anything.

Getafe made an enquiry for Senesi and thought about offering 9m euros. We apparently think we can get more in the summer (at least around 15m).
Read about that, but 15 is still way too low. Always aim for 20 at least. If AZ can consistently pull this off, we can too!

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sam Larsson is reportedly on his way out to Gio's Guangzhou R&F for 5 million euros.

Quite a surprise, but we apparently could use the money. Haps as LW against PSV is what papers expect.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Feels like an absolutely senseless move, but who knows what's going on in the background. Maybe he really wanted out. But now we're effectively without any substitute wingers, and that's if Narsingh can play on the left. Larsson may have been inconsistent, but he's a good player regardless and I consider him to be on par with Sinisterra, though the latter obvs has more potential. We'd have been fine with Larsson until Sinisterra's return. Now I feel like we're handicapped ourselves pretty badly. Unless Narsingh proves to be really good on the left, and we won't have any wide player injuries in the future.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Feels like an absolutely senseless move, but who knows what's going on in the background. Maybe he really wanted out. But now we're effectively without any substitute wingers, and that's if Narsingh can play on the left. Larsson may have been inconsistent, but he's a good player regardless and I consider him to be on par with Sinisterra, though the latter obvs has more potential. We'd have been fine with Larsson until Sinisterra's return. Now I feel like we're handicapped ourselves pretty badly. Unless Narsingh proves to be really good on the left, and we won't have any wide player injuries in the future.
Yeah, we'll probably hear more in the near future what caused us to accept this 5m euro bid from Dalian FC, the fat waiter and Marek Hamsik's club. Guangzhou apparently bid 4m. Heerenveen will get 20 percent, so we end up with 4m euros, exactly the same amount we paid Heerenveen for him.

Narsingh on the left doesn't really excite me either.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts