Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We often have done nothing in January, but if rumour mongers are to be believed:

On their way out if anyone places a not too terrible bid are:

- Liam Kelly (surely free or 100k) - League One sides Sunderland, MK Dons and Oxford United are apparently keeping tabs on him

- Renato Tapia - 6 months left on his contract - Betis apparently interested after Sjaak Troost first decided that Tapia had to piss off, before changing his mind.

- Jan-Arie vd Heijden - the great communicator when Dick first stepped in :LOL: but since he's now been bypassed by Senesi, the club will surely be happy to get his wages off the books if it can help us get an extra striker in

- Yassin Ayoub - I would certainly keep him and give him a chance if Tapia leaves and if Toornstra continues to not look all that great, but his name has been mentioned in the outgoing column

Available for loan deals will be:

- Wout Burger - Any Eredivisie side where he could get playing time would be fine. His handelingssnelheid (processing speed lol? in English?) needs to improve to of real use to the first team

- Marouan Azarkan - the little dribbler would do with some playing time at senior level

- Achraf El Bouchataoui - turning 20 in January. His development has halted a bit after doing well in last season's u19 CL. Excelsior or NAC would be good for him. Would be surprised to see an Eredivisie side go for him.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thanks for these. I also heard Sunderland is keeping tabs on Kelly. Goes down in one of the most useless acquisitions of this century thus far. Well, at least we didn't use much money on him (only wages I think). I wouldn't mind keeping both Tapia and Ayoub, and if both go, we'll really be lacking in the depth department for the rest of the season. Burger, I completely agree. He sure likes taking his time. Not a bad player otherwise and calm on the ball, so the future might hold something for him yet, even at Feyenoord who knows.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping too that Kelly would be a cheap version of Clasie :D but even Stam gave up on him after two friendlies.

Burger can do some things on the ball, but hopefully we'll see him get playing time elsewhere and come back stronger for next season.

btw JP van Gastel told in an interview that he sacked by Feyenoord / Sjaak Troost via email lol.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Ffs I don't understand why folks can't have the dignity to at least inform in person if someone is sacked. Not a good look, and asshole behavior.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feyenoord - Hoffenheim on January 8 (in Marbella at 15:30)

Feyenoord - Dortmund on January 11 (noon in Marbella)

Boca Juniors were said to be linked to Tapia at the end of December, but we've heard nothing about that since

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Watched the highlights of the Hoffenheim game. We won, but quite a lot of random stuff going on with both sides.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toornstra subbed off, came back on to score the winner :D

Good to see that Feyenoord did make a comeback though.

Liam Kelly has been loaned out to League One side Oxford till the end of the season. No news on whether they have an option to buy him.

We've meanwhile this week been linked to Guidetti, Lens, Ozyakup and yes, today, Aleksandr Kokorin. Would be interesting to see us get the Zenit man on loan.

We've apparently seen a loan bid for Fedor Smolov get rejected.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Not an especially prolific bunch of targets. Guidetti might be fun for nostalgic reasons. I think we'd be better off trying Mitroglou rather than any of these. How about Joel Pohjanpalo? He was really good before that long injury that he's supposedly completely recovered from. I'd be happy if we went for him!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
4-2 loss to Borussia Dortmund, but Jorgensen scored (finally) and so did Narsingh. Hopefully, Narsingh is proving to Dick Advocaat that he should get a few starts if Nicolai continues to shoot blanks.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New name to add to the striker's list, 20 year Slovakian international Robert Bozenik from Zilna. I bought him in the new FM20 and he was pretty decent :p HSV and CSKA Moscow are said to also be looking at him. He's the type of player we ought to actually be looking at. No idea how his talents are in real life, but I'd rather have a 20 year old than an old favourite who hasn't done much for 4 years.

Kenneth Vermeer is apparently on his way to LA Galaxy if Arnesen / Troost give the thumbs up. Player is happy to go. It'd be a free transfer and the now fit Bijlow would be our number one with Marsman behind him.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's going to be the other club in LA, Los Angeles FC, Carlos Vela's club.

Kenneth Vermeer's wife is American btw.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Vermeer to go? Oh no. He's much better than Bijlow.

As long as we get a striker who is at least a half decent scorer. Someone we can put up front instead of a winger. Don't know what our chances are for getting Bozenik.

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
So I take it that Vermeer leaves immediately since MLS starts their training next month. Too bad. Ken saved us quite a bit in that good stretch of wins near the end of last calendar year.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm really bummed about this. Vermeer is twice the keeper Bijlow is and probs has several good years in him still. We don't know if Bijlow has any. Likely he won't ever reach Vermeer's level. Does Feyenoord have a fetish with homegrown keepers? I was amazed with how doggedly we kept holding on to Mulder back in the day when it was obvious he was never going to be very good. Damn it he was sidelined by a 40-year old pretty average keeper. I wouldn't be surprised if we landed a decent striker now and started scoring more, but also conceding more after a realization that we now have an average keeper at best...

·
Registered
58,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guidetti has gone on loan to Hannover 96

CSKA Moscow are said to want to bid 6m euros for Bozenik. We can't pay that.

Panathinaikos are interested in getting Ayoub for free.

We're said to be interested in getting a midfielder on loan too. No idea who.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Well I suppose if we're offloading Ayoub and since Kelly was dud, we're not all that deep in midfield after all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts