Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Acerbi blocked Pau's right arm before he jumped, hence the awkward single hand punch. however, Pau also had confidence in that single handed punch and didn't put a lot of effort into freeing his right arm and so he takes blame for it. in any case he has shown a lot of good for me to let this one slip. in fact, the entire team did everything they should except for putting the game away and considering the form of both teams and our injury crisis, I thought we were going to lose this one but we ended up dominating and this will be a great moral booster as we await reinforcements from the winter mercato.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,172 Posts
Still a really awkward decision to make, punching the ball. Just keep it simple and tap it out of the field for another corner if you are not gonna fall down and play for the foul... :unsure:

The "reinforcements" are coming in today: Perez (Barca), Vilar (Elche) and yesterday Ibanez (Atalanta).

Missing the main ingredient, a proper CF :whistle:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Still a really awkward decision to make, punching the ball. Just keep it simple and tap it out of the field for another corner if you are not gonna fall down and play for the foul... :unsure:

The "reinforcements" are coming in today: Perez (Barca), Vilar (Elche) and yesterday Ibanez (Atalanta).

Missing the main ingredient, a proper CF :whistle:
I agree, it was and he should have.

Petrachi did very well and stood his ground against Barcelona's buy back demands and his structuring of the Ibanez payment is masterful, which made me scratch my head when I read Di Marzio's report about Florenzi leaving to Valencia on a dry loan ? a dry loan doesn't help the team in the long term as it doesn't guarantee any financial income, and in the short term we'll lose a RB while Zappacosta still has over a month before he's eased in to action. unless Fonseca has faith in Peres?

it seems management have faith in Kalinic, and so we're stuck with him for the season. if the rumor about SES returning is true (I pray it is), maybe we could turn him into our Dzeko successor as he has all of the needed qualities.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Well, you really have to hand it to that wizard of calcio, James Pallotta. Didn't win jack sh!t in 8 years, but in less than one year managed to force three Roman captains - legends - out on the street like they were bums! A truly remarkable achievement that will live in infamy.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Totti and De Rossi's departures were timely. the handling of the latter was disastrous, no doubt, but it was the right thing to do and it was proven 6 months later. Florenzi is extremely professional and he is passionate about Roma, but he's no where near the caliber of player the other two were and he's been a liability lately (just look at Juve's first goal in the coppa match which was a result of a twofold Florenzi mistake). his goal celebration with his nana in the stands will live in memory, but be it the change in position, the injuries, or not being able to fit Fonseca's vision, Florenzi fell down the pecking order in all the positions he plays in.

so, it's understandable if he leaves so an upgrade can be brought in or as a sacrifice at the FFP altar, however a dry loan makes no sense to me. I'll wait before I pass judgement as Florenzi hasn't come out and spoken about the decision to go on this loan, whether it was his or the club's and what the reasoning behind it.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Fonseca better pull his head out of his ass, allowing 4 goals and losing to Sassuolo is the thing losers are made of. Santon & Bruno Peres playing RB while Florenzi is in Spain - Pallotta's parting last dig at the fans because they wouldn't eat the slop he was serving up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
welcome to the Cristante & Mancini shit show.
Cristante was disastrous throughout with wrong positioning, heavy touches and passes, wrong passes and cynical physicality in his attempts to defend. Mancini was awkward and also made wrong decisions in who to cover or how to act, his worst 45 minutes of the season. Fonseca before the Lazio match said he thinks Cristante could be a CB in a 3 man defense line, which is another level of WTF in itself.

I guess giving up on players is the theme as of late for me. after the Juve match I gave up on Florenzi, and now I give up on Cristante and almost give up on Pellegrini. it’s a shame that we have no one to challenge Pellegrini for his spot as he keeps pushing me towards believing he’s not the great white hope the team should be built around. Pellegrini is world class when he’s on, and it is when he’s on that he produces the numbers that pad his statics before hibernating for a few matches. he created the first goal, and I’m using create generously here, which will look good numbers wise, however he was the major reason our attack didn’t work. you add his awful shots, propensity to be easily dispossessed causing a turnover and his card about to happen style of defense to his hot and cold consistency and I have to tell ya, I’m not liking the recipe.

considering the injuries to Zaniolo and Diawara, we should’ve saved the money we will spend on Perez and switched to a 3-5-2 until we get our options back.

I also have a feeling that Ibanez's signing is a contingency because Petrachi feels he might not be able to sign Smalling.

·
Registered
453 Posts
pad his statics >>>

:LOL: poor fellow
not sure what you mean, do you not agree that Pellegrini goes MIA for many matches before exploding for a match or two? he reminds me a lot of Aquilani, all the talent in the world but can't show it consistently enough to be counted on.

·
Registered
453 Posts
what I mean by statistics padding is this:
Lorenzo has 9 assists in 16 matches, 3 of which came in one match, which means he was productive numbers wise in 7 out of 16 matches. impressive, but lets take the last match as a case study, Lorenzo assisted the only Roma goal that came from open play but he stifled most of our offensive play with an uninspired performance and wasteful shots, then he got himself red carded effectively killing any hope, regardless of how feint, of a come back. on the numbers front he created a goal and it's added to his impressive tally of assists, but you put a different, decent playmaker or midfielder on the field and there is a good chance he might've effected the game directly and indirectly in a way that would've been more productive to the team points wise and thus being more effective for the unit.

and even though it's not really fair, but if we consider the numbers, Roma won 50% of the matches Lorenzo played in and 50% of the matches he didn't and most of his assists were single ones in matches that Roma won with a larger margin than 1 goal. also, with the exception of the last match Lorenzo was never involved scoring or assist wise in any match Roma scored in but tied or lost.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't have other Roma fans in my area, and I'm an old school guy who doesn't use social media, and so this dying platform is my way of interacting with other Romanisti ever since Deano "recruited" me from the AS Roma Addict chat while streaming a Roma match live commentary on real player :ROFLMAO: (searched for the site but it seem to have disappeared). well, it seems you, Primo, and I are it now when it comes to Roma in XT (with cameos by Dr. Hackenbush and Funlovin). our views on Roman affairs are on different ends of the spectrum, and while I do believe that one should not limit oneself to conversations with those who share their same views (confirmation bias narrows the horizons), with all due and sincere respect we've had our dance more than once and I get the feeling it left you pissed at me and left me tired. what I'm trying to say, with a flare for the dramatic I guess, is that I will be slowing down or stopping my activities here.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Please don't do that, I enjoy reading your posts!

I will be visiting and posting more frequently too; the dip in form since the winter break has knocked my enthusiasm but now we have some season-defining games coming up I will be posting again.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,172 Posts
Critical game today against Atalanta for CL. They go into the game as clear favorites, form wise plus playing at home.

Fingers crossed for an ugly game and maybe a draw, but with this current team anything can happen (total meltdown or surprise win).

Off topic: I check the forum almost every day, it became a "bad habit" from the moment i made an account back in 2006 :geek:

Win or lose always Forza Roma and the same goes for XT forum.

·
Professional Pirate
7,099 Posts
Stay safe everyone!

Since totti’s and de rossi’s Retirement I’ve opened up to be a football fan in general but I still find myself gravitating to Roman affairs, of the red persuasion of course.

Remember when we use to argue about menez and vucinic...their first year(s) were so frustrating much like Edin. Now though I couldn’t think of a team without Dzeko and I couldn’t think back to those fond meme prices of Mirko and Danielle’s celebration where they’d scream their eardrums off.

Simpler times.

Stay safe my peoples.

·
Administrator
52,732 Posts
Roma dont feel the same without Totti and DDR indeed, need atleast one icon. Florenzi doesnt cut it. Maybe that promising kid in your primavera Riccardi can be the next bandiera. Zaniolo has the top top level talent for it, but somehow dont see him staying long.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts